• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Springboard SSP to the floor from Andrew Everett;

it8N1saj9sbv3.gif

Chuck Taylor with a nasty-ass release backbreaker on the apron;

ibkOaN6AMUbDDl.gif

Everett's getting his shot in ROH next year, which should be pretty interesting. He's a very smooth high-flyer.

Damn, that's a shame - he was pretty wooden, personality-wise, but showed some promise in the ring.

I didn't know Taylor was in that show. Maybe I will try to watch it then.

Pavaloo

After JoJo's behaviour with Justin Gabriel and the tole it took on her, I knew she wasn't going to last. I'm surprised Eva Marie is still there because she just seems like a bitch, but I guess she's hot and gets heat so why not. I wonder why Orton stopped following JoJo on twitter lol.

#TotalDivas

Aiii

So not worth it
NoHA4qc.png

This is why he is dressed as the new years baby on the Christmas raw.

edit: Also according to John Pollock JoJo is out of total divas to be replaced by another Diva for the new season. I wonder who it will be. I get she is to young and the WWE doesn't want to know she is dating Vader's recently released son.
Meltzer and Alverez have also been saying this for a couple of weeks now.

I figure Alicia is joining the cast.

strobogo

Banned
I hope she doesn't. I didn't like her brief appearances on the show. She seemed very immature and almost school boyish in personality. It should be Layla, Renee, or an NXT girl trying to fit in with the main crew.

I want access to all the Observer stuff but I don't want to pay for it.

Remember when Dream used to post it and then someone that pays for it threatened to report it to a mod?

somedevil

For New Japan fans from the Observer:

--Important news for those of you ordering the Tokyo Dome show. My impression is that if the show if ordered the usual way, you will get it in Spanish instead of Japanese. If you want to order the show in Japanese, go to www.ustream.tv/njpwjp which is a new page they just opened.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Context?
Nattie got super drunk. She drunk dialed Stephanie, leaving her multiple messages, yelling at her for not answering and over why she isn't the champion, then left one for Steph meant for TJ or that dude she had a mini affair with. Or maybe Fandango. She also said Cameron danced like a prostitute and shit all over the other girls on the show for not being real wrestlers.
Oh. Is Botchtalya really talking about real wrestlers?

Seems the 12/23 Road to Tokyo Dome show is now an iPPV as well - here's the card;

1. Sho Tanaka vs. Yohei Komatsu
2. Super Jr. 3 Way Tag Match: KUSHIDA & BUSHI vs. TAKA Michinoku & Taichi vs. Jado & Gedo
3. Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask vs. Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka
4. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Captain New Japan vs. Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & Tomoaki Honma
5. Togi Makabe & Kota Ibushi vs. Yujiro Takahashi & Tomohiro Ishii
6. YOSHI-HASHI vs. Minoru Suzuki
7. Road to TOKYO DOME FINAL: Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tetsuya Naito vs. Kazuchika Okada & Shinsuke Nakamura

Also, KENTA picked up an injury in a 6-man tag for NOAH. He apparently has ligament damage in one of his ankles. Also, after his GHC title defence against Nagata, he apparently was rushed to hospital because he couldn't stand on his own, due to severe bruising :/

For New Japan fans from the Observer:

Damn, that's what I get for pre-ordering the shows so early :/

Better contact Ustream support to see if I can get a refund.

Xater

So they are doing a Spanish broadcast of New Japan but not English? How weird. I would be more into it with commentary I can understand.

So they are doing a Spanish broadcast of New Japan but not English? How weird. I would be more into it with commentary I can understand.

Perhaps New Japan is more popular with Spanish-speaking fans than we realise. They do have a good partnership with Mexican promotion CMLL and many NJPW wrestlers have wrestled there. I'm guessing that they could be bringing a Spanish broadcast team over with the CMLL wrestlers appearing on the FantasticaMania shows in January.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Perhaps New Japan is more popular with Spanish-speaking fans than we realise. They do have a good partnership with Mexican promotion CMLL and many NJPW wrestlers have wrestled there. I'm guessing that they could be bringing a Spanish broadcast team over with the CMLL wrestlers appearing on the FantasticaMania shows in January.

That's what I'm thinking. They'll probably have te CMLL broadcast team on commentary.

Ithil said:
I'm not sure if I want that either. I like the Japanese commentary even if I don't know what they're saying.

As long as they keep a Japanese commentary option available, I'm fine with it - but too many people would prefer English commentary for New Japan to ignore. Now, whether those people actually end up buying the shows even with English commentary is another matter...

strobogo said:
They should totally rock it PWG style.

Definitely - there's a ton of awesome combinations they could do. OK, mostly just Bullet Club members and Archer & Davey Boy Jr, but still, it'd be pretty awesome.

Xater

This bowling thing and the latest episode of Total Divas makes. E think that Fandango might be a funny guy. Too bad he can't show that with his shitty gimmick.

This bowling thing and the latest episode of Total Divas makes. E think that Fandango might be a funny guy. Too bad he can't show that with his shitty gimmick.

Have you seen him on NXT Redemption? Dood is fantastic. I wish Bateman didn't get released. Those two worked real well together.

Pavaloo

I like Fandango's gimmick.

When he came for here for WWE Live there were a lot of folks who didn't know him and he won them over with his character. I think it's wonderful.
"Vancouver, Vancouver, SHHHHHHH (everybody laughed), SHHHH. Vancouver, you know nothing of dancing! (pronounces it dawn-sing) I invented dance! (again dawnce)" Totally won so many people over with just that.

I think it can work with him, he just needs more screen time. Summer Rae totally got into her part now as well they would be a fun competitive couple in WWE. He also needs to stop having matches with Kofi Kingston, The Miz, and Khali.

Striker

NoHA4qc.png

This is why he is dressed as the new years baby on the Christmas raw.
Should be a Vince jpeg.

Would make sense because of the random ass booking going on. Daniel Bryan's sudden stop in the main event, and never really did anything to seal it. Big Show's introduction into it and possible match against Triple H dropped, and the whole fiasco with Miz-Kofi lately. It's all a mess, no wonders their PPV's do terrible. That, and along with doing rematches after the night on Raw.

Vylash

NoHA4qc.png

edit: Also according to John Pollock JoJo is out of total divas to be replaced by another Diva for the new season. I wonder who it will be. I get she is to young and the WWE doesn't want to know she is dating Vader's recently released son.

God please replace her with Renee

gurudyne

It's all a mess, no wonders their PPV's do terrible. That, and along with doing rematches after the night on Raw.

The clincher here--this year's Survivor Series had a lot more focus and direction than last year's, so it says something that the buyrates are down.

And I still don't get the point of doing the rematches the next night. Are they advertisements for ordering the repeat showing of the PPV? Half the time, they're better than the previous night's.

Xater

Should be a Vince jpeg.

Would make sense because of the random ass booking going on. Daniel Bryan's sudden stop in the main event, and never really did anything to seal it. Big Show's introduction into it and possible match against Triple H dropped, and the whole fiasco with Miz-Kofi lately. It's all a mess, no wonders their PPV's do terrible. That, and along with doing rematches after the night on Raw.

Nothing in their booking surprises me after what I heard on the newest Figure 4 Daily. Alvarez talked to a friend in WWE and asked about PPVs like Elimination Chamber and the problem with them now on,y having one champion. The writing guys over in WWE didn't even think about that....

Top Bottom