• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Also I went to the AAA website. I don't understand Spanish but it looks like they put entire shows up on Youtube?

Yeah, they've been doing that for a while now. They've even uploaded the past couple of Triplemanias. Only problem is that the quality tends to be pretty low. (360p/480p) But, hey it's free and official.

Definitely - there's a ton of awesome combinations they could do. OK, mostly just Bullet Club members and Archer & Davey Boy Jr, but still, it'd be pretty awesome.

Give me Bullet Club commentary and I will buy them all and watch them again and again. Bonus points if they let them hum the theme songs NJPW don't have the rights for.

Luckily for me I know Spanish so I'm definitely going to get the Spanish stream just to try it out, although i wish there was an option to switch between languages during the stream.

somedevil

Should be a Vince jpeg.

Would make sense because of the random ass booking going on. Daniel Bryan's sudden stop in the main event, and never really did anything to seal it. Big Show's introduction into it and possible match against Triple H dropped, and the whole fiasco with Miz-Kofi lately. It's all a mess, no wonders their PPV's do terrible. That, and along with doing rematches after the night on Raw.

Right now Battleground and Survivor Series bombed. Hell in the Cell did fine and Night of Champions wasn't horrible.

The whole problem with the pay per views was the constant screw jobs and booking leading to it. They finally did a clean final match on the pay per view and it seems TLC might not do well because people thought it would end in a screw job finish again.

How much better/worse would WWE be if E! was their entire creative team? Like, Raw, Smackdown, Main Event, PPV, everything.

Because I'm thinking it would get a lot better.

Xater

Yeah, they've been doing that for a while now. They've even uploaded the past couple of Triplemanias. Only problem is that the quality tends to be pretty low. (360p/480p) But, hey it's free and official.

Ok that is pretty cool then. This random website visit worked out well for he then.

They finally did a clean final match on the pay per view and it seems TLC might not do well because people thought it would end in a screw job finish again.

And can you blame them? I mean in here there even were some people still expecting sone kind of screw job.

Ithil

Right now Battleground and Survivor Series bombed. Hell in the Cell did fine and Night of Champions wasn't horrible.

The whole problem with the pay per views was the constant screw jobs and booking leading to it. They finally did a clean final match on the pay per view and it seems TLC might not do well because people thought it would end in a screw job finish again.

That and no one gave a shit about another Orton/Cena match.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

It probably doesn't help that the build for that PPV was practically non-existent.

Not to mention the so called "BIGGEST MATCH IN WWE HISTORY" involved two people that no one cared about. With all these problems why should I give WWE 50 bucks for a crappy card?

The solution would be not to watch WWE at all but we know that's not going to happen.

strobogo

Banned
2000 Memories Rebotched:

it7MuRCBXiQmo.gif

iV56ifn6Zh21V.gif

iLcDxe90JfVgi.gif

ibbh2vWvLrfH9A.gif

i7gcFEnl4F8cL.gif

somedevil

That and no one gave a shit about another Orton/Cena match.

Well get ready for another one at the Rumble with Bryan going towards a match with
Bray
. Bryan at the Rumble is interesting because his direction all depends on if Shawn Michaels says yes for one more match.

If he says no do they give him a Rumble win and a title match at WrestleMania?

TL21xx

Banned
At this point, they don't really have much of a choice, where else does Bryan really on the card besides against Shawn? About the only match I'd be okay with Bryan being in other than the title or HBK would be Brock, but there's no reason to feud those two without the strap. Will be interesting to watch unfold.

Ithil

Well get ready for another one at the Rumble with Bryan going towards a match with
Bray
. Bryan at the Rumble is interesting because his direction all depends on if Shawn Michaels says yes for one more match.

If they have a working brain there they do.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Bray

I'm sure a Bryan/HBK match would end up becoming one of the best WM matches ever, but I really wish they'd let him have the rumble win and title match. They should give him the strap while Bryanmania is still going wild.

And another thing about TLC, why would you put your big unification match on a B PPV? And a gimmick PPV at that. You know for damn sure this wasn't their original plan for TLC.

I hope it's not. They're pretty awful. My hope is the guys who do the tercera caida show. Great guys who love all sorts of wrestling

I'm ok with this.

gurudyne

At this point, they don't really have much of a choice, where else does Bryan really on the card besides against Shawn? About the only match I'd be okay with Bryan being in other than the title or HBK would be Brock, but there's no reason to feud those two without the strap. Will be interesting to watch unfold.

HHH still hasn't faced him directly. And there are story reasons for those two to fight, arguably more so than HBK and Bryan.

strobogo

Banned
Just yesterday I was going to ask the maeStro if he was going to remaster wcw 2000, and he did!

I wish I had the foresight to keep the shows saved to my external hard drive, but fuck 2000. Just doing 3 shows was enough to make me remember why it turned me into a suicidal alcoholic.

Son Of D

And another thing about TLC, why would you put your big unification match on a B PPV? And a gimmick PPV at that. You know for damn sure this wasn't their original plan for TLC.

Pretty sure they wanted to try and increase the buy rates by having this big match at TLC. Doubt it did much as pretty much everyone expected a screw job ending as well as the fact that there were 3(?) matches added at the last minute.

Bryan vs Shawn, Bryan vs [champion] or Bryan vs HHH are the only ones that have some sort of build. Bryan vs Brock would be a great match, but I do feel that it'll be Brock vs Taker since Heyman will probably want another attempt at breaking the streak. Bryan vs Taker is a possibility. Bryan loses at the Rumble, HHH mocks him, calling him a midcarder etc. and Bryan says that to prove that he's a top level star, he'll face Taker at Mania.

Alucard

Banned
Who's watching TNA Impact: Final Resolution tonight?

I finally have TV, so I'll be watching it in HD for the first time ever tonight. Pumped.

somedevil

Magnus is good but he gets Naito reactions from the crowd. Also, I hate the impact crowd to much a studio audience then a crowd with a mind of its own.

edit: everyone wants to forget 10/10/10

Alucard

Banned
Magnus is money

This is probably the best promo he's ever given.

Wasn't really bad, I just thought he sounded kinda funny compared to whoever you'd normally have narrating that stuff.

Yeah, super dramatic, but not a big deal.

Magnus is good but he gets Naito reactions from the crowd. Also, I hate the impact crowd to much a studio audience then a crowd with a mind of its own.

It's Orlando. Movies, TV shows, etc. Agreed that the crowd isn't the greatest.

From a good Magnus/Hardy confrontation, to an intense Angle. Oh man, are we starting the show with this match?

Ithil

yNAkorB.jpg

So this match is now happening at the NXT house shows, Kalisto vs Solomon Crowe. So we can expect to see it on NXT TV in the new year, with luck. Reports are saying it's excellent.

Alucard

Banned
So this match is now happening at the NXT house shows, Kalisto vs Solomon Crowe. So we can expect to see it on NXT TV in the new year, with luck. Reports are saying it's excellent.

I love Crowe's look. And Kalisto looks great as well. Really excited to see these guys go at it, and pumped to see what they eventually do on the main roster. Crowe vs. Wyatt or Bryan sounds and looks awesome in my mind.

Nah, Survivor Series did fine numbers with normal matches in other years. This was just bad booking.

Screw it, either way, I want proper Survivor Series again. With proper team names, a'la The Rood Brood, The Perfect Team, Roddie's Rowdies, The Hulkamaniacs, etc.

And while they're at it, bring back King of the Ring, dammit!

Alucard

Banned
Screw it, either way, I want proper Survivor Series again. With proper team names, a'la The Rood Brood, The Perfect Team, Roddie's Rowdies, The Hulkamaniacs, etc.

And while they're at it, bring back King of the Ring, dammit!

A tournament-styled PPV would be nice in general. People LOVE tournaments. Not sure why the WWE doesn't do them more often.

UberTag

A tournament-styled PPV would be nice in general. People LOVE tournaments. Not sure why the WWE doesn't do them more often.
Whenever they do a tournament now, they rush through it with a bunch of slapdash matches that don't even feature people currently embroiled in meaningful feuds and don't publicize it in advance. You're lucky if you even get to see an updated bracket. Plus, the tourney winner either gets the King of the Ring title as a career anchor or they get to face Cena and immediately lose after winning.

By comparison, they'll publicize shit like the stupid rigged Vegas stip match wheel or a Beat the Clock challenge in advance.

Tournaments are great. Especially when they have qualifying matches in advance and winning actually MEANS something. Hell, even King Mabel meant something at one time.

strobogo

Banned
There hasn't been a good one night tournament in the US in years. At least in WWE. Shit always ends with guys half assing it in short matches to save up for the finals.

Alucard

Banned
Decent match between Angle and Roode to start the show. 2.5/5 on my scale.

Good job by TNA on the Gail/Madison package. Gives their feud context and history.

EC3 is so freaking entertaining.

Top Bottom