• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

DMczaf

I can't find the Alberto Del Rio Torn Groin face pic, so I'll just post this.

Bb4xpI9IAAANRG6.jpg:large

Alucard

Banned
Overall, an okay first hour of Impact, but nothing has made me say "wow" yet...EC3 is entertaining, though. Hope we get some surprises with the Feast or Fired cases.

Alucard

Banned
DJ Zema Ion is awesome. LOL. "I'm keeping this briefcase."

-X Division title shot for Ion. Hope this means the X Division actually gets pushed a bit.
-Holy shit. Gunner getting a World Heavyweight title match.
-EC3 gets a tag team title shot. Is he gonna partner with Sting or something?...Or Magnus? Or Rockstar Spud?
-Chavo gets FIRED.

That whole segment was oddly entertaining. Yelling Sting made it better.

Ultratech

Were you ever handed anything in your career, Chavo?

"No, we Guerreros have had to work twice as hard!"

Be honest, Chavo!

Also, lol @ Zema Ion

"No, there's a 100% chance of me going home...with gold around my waist! HAHAHA!"

Alucard

Banned
Were you ever handed anything in your career, Chavo?

"No, we Guerreros have had to work twice as hard!"

Be honest, Chavo!

Also, lol @ Zema Ion

"No, there's a 100% chance of me going home...with gold around my waist! HAHAHA!"

Ion plays that douche role very well.

Alucard

Banned
Aside from the lame "creatures!" shit, this is a pretty good and passionate promo from Hardy.

LOL @ Dixie. "Your Kool-Aid drinking creatures."

2013 Survivor Series with Big Show vs Randy Orton as the main event was the least-ordered Survivor Series since the early 90s

Here are just the past 10 years of WWE Survivor Series buyrates:

2013 – 179,000 buys (early estimate)
2012 – 208,000 buys
2011 – 281,000 buys
2010 – 244,000 buys
2009 – 225,000 buys
2008 – 319,000 buys
2007 – 325,000 buys
2006 – 383,000 buys
2005 – 400,000 buys
2003 – 325,000 buys

The final buyrate will be revealed when WWE reports the official Q4 2013 earnings results in early 2014.

Alucard

Banned
Dixie has been pretty solid. That was nice.

It's interesting to see the difference in opinion between online fans and sites like PWTorch and Prowrestling.net. From prowrestling.net on the Dixie segment:

Shore's Slant: More bad Dixie. I thought at one point she was getting better but this was a step backwards. I hope this match delivers because the show and the build here has been super flat and the winner needs more of a launching pad than this setup appears to offer.

RBH

2013 Survivor Series with Big Show vs Randy Orton as the main event was the least-ordered Survivor Series since the early 90s

Here are just the past 10 years of WWE Survivor Series buyrates:

2013 – 179,000 buys (early estimate)
2012 – 208,000 buys
2011 – 281,000 buys
2010 – 244,000 buys
2009 – 225,000 buys
2008 – 319,000 buys
2007 – 325,000 buys
2006 – 383,000 buys
2005 – 400,000 buys
2003 – 325,000 buys

The final buyrate will be revealed when WWE reports the official Q4 2013 earnings results in early 2014.
95,000 North America
84,000 International

-The lowest Survivor Series buyrate in history
-The Survivor Series buyrate has dropped by nearly 55% since 2006
-The third lowest bought PPV this year (next to Battleground and Night of Champions)
-Payback, a PPV introduced this year, managed to draw bigger numbers than a 25 year old established PPV

:) :) :) :) :)

The reason CM Punk was booked to win against The Shield at the recent WWE TLC pay-per-view was for a couple of different reasons. First and foremost, WWE had already booked John Cena and Daniel Bryan to lose their matches at the TLC show, and the feeling was all three couldn’t lose on the same pay-per-view.

Another reason WWE gave Punk the win was because it added to the drama surrounding The Shield currently, since they decided to have Roman Reigns spear Dean Ambrose, setting up the eventual pin for Punk.

This past Monday night on RAW, WWE had Roman Reigns get the win on Punk with the idea that Reigns is eventually going to be the real “golden boy” of the company, since he has the look and the sports background that WWE officials prefer, as opposed to Punk and Bryan, both of which will never fully get past the size and look issues that WWE has.

Additionally, Punk was considered to be “protected” from the loss with the feeling that having him do a promo segment with Shawn Michaels before the match would leave a larger impression on fans than Punk actually getting pinned.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
EC3 looks mad salty

How did Magnus turn heel when the heel owner was trying to stop him?
[/logic]

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I know a lot of people will put the blame on the Big Show / Bryan debacle being the reason for poor rates but to me the fact there was a Survivor Series pay per view with an interesting Survivor Series match but with zero real buildup or compelling reason to care and one of them of being a god awful garbage divas match was a bigger reason for the complete lack of interest.

It'd be almost as dumb as having a PPV called tables, laddes and chairs and then only having 1 match that was even called a TLC match.

Top Bottom