• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

strobogo

Banned
Saw Dark City for the first time. Didn't like it at all. But I believe Russo saw it and that was where the idea for Seven came from.

The-Strangers.jpg

dc05.jpg

seven002.jpg

strobogo

Banned
A really stupid one. The hand motions he did in the vignettes were reminiscent of what The Strangers do in the moving, as was the floating/hovering. I'm not sure where you can really take that in wrestling, but I'm now convinced Russo was doing a full scale rip off of Dark City.

G-Fex

A really stupid one. The hand motions he did in the vignettes were reminiscent of what The Strangers do in the moving, as was the floating/hovering. I'm not sure where you can really take that in wrestling, but I'm now convinced Russo was doing a full scale rip off of Dark City.

crazy.

Least Russo watches movies more than Vince does

Aiii

So not worth it
I love how they put the two black girls with the two black dudes so everyone is nicely seperated by race again. Everything is right in the WWE Universe again.

Thank God the other two black guys are also a tag-team together. The only black guy who doesn't get any black friends is Kofi. Poor Kofi.`

There's a great Zeb promo here they're missing out on because of PG.

I love how they put the two black girls with the two black dudes so everyone is nicely seperated by race again. Everything is right in the WWE Universe again.

Thank God the other two black guys are also a tag-team together. The only black guy who doesn't get any black friends is Kofi. Poor Kofi.`

There's a great Zeb promo here they're missing out on because of PG.

What about Tensai he's Japanese and they had him with black girls. Now he has no friends due to Brodus who is half Black half Space Dinosaur going crazy thinking he's a main event player just because he's on Main Event all the time.

Aiii

So not worth it
Honestly? Christmas Raw is normally pretty good and this one is no different.

Everyone is just there having fun and there's tons of wrestling. I mean, even the terrible Divas gimmick match had AJ, JBL and Cole killing it on commentary.

Punk, Big E and Cena backstage with Renee was fun too.

Hell, El Torito having christmas lights in his tail cracked me up quite a bit.

I'd definitely recommend watching it.

Prettying up the WrassleGAF poll results to be revealed on Boxing Day...y'all a bunch of marks, lol.

strobogo said:
Too draining for me. Show was so long and most of the matches were extremely similar. No exaggeration, there were probably upwards of 50 back suplexes and dropkicks on the show. The Inoues tag match was by far my favorite match. If I revisit joshi, it probably won't be a big super show full of long tag matches that are exactly the same.

Yeah, the big shows are usually full of inter-promotional matches - Dreamslam was pretty much the first of these, so there's heavy involvement from LLPW, EMLL, JWP, etc. Also, regarding the Meltzer thing - I've found he rates a LOT of AJW from this time really, really highly, but a large part of that I think is because he was actually there for many of these shows. He's always mentioning how ridiculously hot those crowds were in person, because AJW's business was doing so well at the time they were even out-drawing the men. The Hokuto/Kandori match probably isn't as great as Meltzer rates it, but the crowd certainly went insane for it - Akira was pretty much having to guide Kandori through the whole thing, though, as Kandori wasn't half the wrestler Akira was, despite being hugely popular.

Verendus

Banned
Hell yeah, Brotista is coming back.

Thought I'd catch Raw after the rumour, and it was made official. Rest of the show was shit. No real surprise there to be honest.

Great news anyway. Time for Orton to go back to curtain jerker status. And to think, after all that effort he made to get to the top behind Cena...after Batista, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker and Triple H became non-existent and there was no other choice but to bump him up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Batista left on a perfect note.
Now he's going to come back and be a terrible shill and ruin our memories of him. Like Rock and Jericho.

Verendus

Banned
I'm hoping this a proper run, and not just a one-off match at Wrestlemania.

It would be great if we got him and Lesnar for Wrestlemania. He can then squash Orton for dozenth time, to keep tradition of course, and become champion. Finally, defend the title against Cena, CM Punk and then drop it to Bryan on the way out next year at some point.

His face character better retain some of the Brotista aspects.

I hope he doesn't abandon the Brotista gimmick...although, it might be hard promoting a movie as a heel.

Also, Batista dropping the title to Bryan? Vinny Mac and the other muscle fetishists here would rage so hard, lol.

Verendus

Banned
I hope he doesn't drop the Brotista gimmick...although, it might be hard promoting a movie as a heel.

Also, Batista dropping the title to Bryan? Vinny Mac and the other muscle fetishists here would rage so hard, lol.
I think it would be cool. Drop the title and put over someone who needs it. I still remember his matches with MVP and Ziggler, they were great and made them look really good too. He can drop the title to Bryan, go away for a while, then come back for his retirement match at some other Wrestlemania.

Top Bottom