• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Aiii

So not worth it
Sure got a lot of new nick nacks.

Galaxy Note 3
Windows Surfact RT
Roku 2
usb thumb drive
usb hard drive

Tis the season.....

Held on as long as i could to my HTC Thundetlot, but man that thing is beat up. It's time to bury it.

You silly goose, all I got this past month was an iPad Air, an American 3DS and a PS4. You're overdoing it dude!

jmdajr

Good lord man, there are starving wrassle-gaf'ers!

(I love my Roku 2)

The galaxy note I saved for like over a year. The Surface Rt was 199.99 and got it free with gift card and reward zone points.

roku 2 was $60, hdd TB $60, usb $12.

So not a bad haul even though I did have to pay full price for note 3 to keep my plan. Still,l it was 599 instead of 799. BS price regrades, but it's that Verizon wireless user tax.

jmdajr

You silly goose, all I got this past month was an iPad Air, an American 3DS and a PS4. You're overdoing it dude!

Oh yeah, I forgot I got Ps4 last month.

and Tix to Wrestlemania..... :\

I saved great all year long, but past 2 months have been bad for business.

edit: Surface RT uses proprietary cable to charge/ Note uses usb 3.0 cable.
:( :( :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, I'm finding it hard to care about anything until after WM at the current rate this shit is going.

Jury's still out whether or not I will be giving fucks about Mania. It doesn't look good, but a good Ramble can turn things around.

jmdajr

I don't keep up with dirt sheets, but I still see COO being surprise entrant. Get revenge for Wrestlemnia 22!

Ideally I want Goat vs COO, but I feel is doesn't stir Vince's loins enough...

Aiii

So not worth it
Jury's still out whether or not I will be giving fucks about Mania. It doesn't look good, but a good Ramble can turn things around.

This creative team can only book two programs at a time, and one of those programs is crappy as all hell. The other involves Bryan and Punk and can't utterly suck by sheer default, but they script it so bad Punk goes on the mic and namedrops Colt Cabana and all his aliases, that's how shit their writing is. All the while the entire remainder of the roster is aimless and booked like jobbers.

3 hours of Raw, 1 hour Main event, 2 hours of Smackdown and a 3+ hour PPV every 4 weeks and they have TWO PROGRAMS BOOKED.

Jury finds Creative Team utterly failing and declare no faith in the Rumble and subsequent Mania build.

Aiii

So not worth it
If I was booking the Rumble, it would be 5 main roster guys, 4 legends: Hogan, Sting, Jake Roberts and DDP, 20 people from NXT including Emma, Paige and Bayley and AJ Lee would enter as number 1, Kane as number 2 where AJ would manipulate Kane into eliminating everyone that comes near her and have her win.

WM Main Event would be a title unification match between AJ, Punk (WHC) and Bryan (WWE) with AJ Lee becoming the first ever 2013 Unified Champion. Now that's a WWE worth watching.

Let's do a bit of scoping here. I'll list all of the main event (or near main) level thingies we will likely see at Mania and tell me how you think the WWE will place them (or just where you would place them). Also post how they will/would get there if you'd like:

• WWE Title (Unified?)
  • WHC Title (Unified?)
  • John Cena
  • Randy Orton
  • Triple H
  • CM Punk
  • Daniel Bryan
  • Brock Lesnar
  • Undertaker/Streak
  • Sheamus (lol)

Feel free to use anyone not listed or if I missed someone/something obvious let me know.

jmdajr

DON'T FORGET SHEAMUS IS COMING BACK!!!!!!!

iyv96.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let's do a bit of scoping here. I'll list all of the main event (or near main) level thingies we will likely see at Mania and tell me how you think the WWE will place them (or just where you would place them). Also post how they will/would get there if you'd like:

• WWE Title (Unified?)
  • WHC Title (Unified?)
  • John Cena
  • Randy Orton
  • Triple H
  • CM Punk
  • Daniel Bryan
  • Brock Lesnar
  • Undertaker/Streak

Feel free to use anyone not listed or if I missed someone/something obvious let me know.

Cena as unified champ, vs Orton. Triple H is out of the picture. CM Punk will be an opener match. Maybe tagging with Daniel Bryan or against each other. Bork will take on Triple H if he's even there. Taker's sitting this one out. Fuck I have no idea.

Aiii

So not worth it
Here's what WWE will do

WWE Title (Unified?) vs WHC Title (Unified?) = Punk vs. Orton
John Cena vs. Hogan
Triple H vs Bryan for extreme burial
Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker

If I was booking the Rumble, it would be 5 main roster guys, 4 legends: Hogan, Sting, Jake Roberts and DDP, 20 people from NXT including Emma, Paige and Bayley and AJ Lee would enter as number 1, Kane as number 2 where AJ would manipulate Kane into eliminating everyone that comes near her and have her win.

WM Main Event would be a title unification match between AJ, Punk (WHC) and Bryan (WWE) with AJ Lee becoming the first ever 2013 Unified Champion. Now that's a WWE worth watching.

I'm Sold

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Before reading Stro's review I thought to myself "I remember every second of this Nitro and I remember it as the worst Nitro ever aired, even worse than one hour Tuesday Nitros or the clip show nitro before they brought back Russo"

Yep, seems I'm not alone.

Best part is Russo wasn't even demoted because of this show or the awful PPV before it, no, he was demoted for the idea of booking Tank Abbott, a non wrestler though at least a credible threat with his MMA experience to win the belt.

Guess what happens a week or so after he comes back with Bischoff later in 2000?

Rapstah

Jesus, I was actually joking with people that Sheamus would face Taker at WM30 as a ridiculous joke that was never going to happen.

jmdajr

Sting just take the money! Fuck, give it away to your favorite Christian charity or whatever. Just take the fucking tombstone already!

Ithil

Meltzer said on the LAW that sheamus was being floated as an undertaker opponet

He said the other week that Sheamus is apparently pushing for it, and it's a dream match of his. We'll see if they bite. At this point, he's a much smaller star than Punk was when he faced Undertaker, and since WM 25 they've wanted the Undertaker match to be the co-main event.

Recall

Lesnar vs. Undertaker is the right Wrestlemania match choice be it with a stipulation like Last Man Standing or something to play off the whole MMA thing.

I would like to see Bryan Danielson vs. Shawn Michaels but I guess that is a wild fantasy rather than a likely probability.

Entropia

No One Remembers
The galaxy note I saved for like over a year. The Surface Rt was 199.99 and got it free with gift card and reward zone points.

roku 2 was $60, hdd TB $60, usb $12.

So not a bad haul even though I did have to pay full price for note 3 to keep my plan. Still,l it was 599 instead of 799. BS price regrades, but it's that Verizon wireless user tax.

You Canadian? The Surface RT was $199 on Best Buy/Future Shop

Taker vs Lesnar would be pretty fun, even though tarnished the fuck out of Lesnar's drawing power.

Taker vs Cena, Streak vs Unified Title is the absolute highest profile match I can see in that list but you would be sacrificing the drawing power of one co-main event in order to highlight the main-main.

somedevil

Sting just take the money! Fuck, give it away to your favorite Christian charity or whatever. Just take the fucking tombstone already!

Well impact is having it next set of tapings starting tomorrow that go up January 9th. So we will see if he is written off or not.

jmdajr

Would love some impressions jmdajr! Think about getting a surface

Just updated to RT 8.1
I'll have to see how it is. So far seems pretty smooth.

edit: few things I didn't know before deciding.

Comes with Office for free. No preview bullshit.
IE is full blown browser with flash.

Just those two things alone made me go. "Hmmmmmmmm."

I also have a very strong feeling that McMahon family drama will be heavily involved in a co-main. (Foreseeing some sort of Triple H vs Vince using their chosen wrestlers against each other in a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...)

Has to be Undertaker vs Kane. If Kane is transitioning to a non wrestling role, this should be one of his last major matches. Throw him late in the Rumble and after that set him up against Taker.

WWE should just have a tag team tournament PPV at this point they have more than enough

Punk and Bryan
SHIELD
Wyatt Family
The Rhodes Brothers
The Real Americans
PTP
Los Matadores
3mb
Usos
Brodus Clay and Sweet T
R-Truth and Xavier Woods
Big E and Mark Henry

Where the balls did Tyson Kidd go? He should be teaming up with Justin Gabriel and having sweet matches with Shield and the Real Americans

Xater

WWE should just have a tag team tournament PPV at this point they have more than enough

Punk and Bryan
SHIELD
Wyatt Family
The Rhodes Brothers
The Real Americans
PTP
Los Matadores
3mb
Usos
Brodus Clay and Sweet T
R-Truth and Xavier Woods
Big E and Mark Henry

But where would Cena be? If he is not injured he has to show up somewhere!

Decided to watch old attitude era stuff starting with the first RAW of 1998. Man that RAW into is fucking awesome.

strobogo

Banned
Before reading Stro's review I thought to myself "I remember every second of this Nitro and I remember it as the worst Nitro ever aired, even worse than one hour Tuesday Nitros or the clip show nitro before they brought back Russo"

Yep, seems I'm not alone.

Best part is Russo wasn't even demoted because of this show or the awful PPV before it, no, he was demoted for the idea of booking Tank Abbott, a non wrestler though at least a credible threat with his MMA experience to win the belt.

Guess what happens a week or so after he comes back with Bischoff later in 2000?

It was really just awful. Even if you took away the main angle running through the show, everything else was terrible, too. Mr. true blue USA never goes back on his word Jim Duggan went back on his word, negating the advertised stipulation from the PPV. Stevie Ray is jealous of Midnight because she has a cooler entrance and is in better shape. The Filthy Animals return even though Konnan can't wrestle and Rey is still hurt. Brian Knobs is still wrestling. The Berlyn/Wall shit is STILL going on. The Varsity Club is back and already lame as fuck. Evan Karagias getting played by every woman in the company. DDP and Buff having a feud that apparently was based on a rumor that no one knew about, but Gene claims everyone in the audience and online was aware of. WCW was completely unsalvageable by the Summer of 1999, but Russo sure seems to have gone out of his way to pile as much shit on the corpse in 3 months as he possibly could.

I'm undecided on whether this show or the reboot show was weirder in the meta/SHOOT/shoot worked shoots/worked shoots/worked worked shoots department, but at least the reboot show was entertaining. This show was garbage the whole way through.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's too bad about Vampiro being... Vampiro and having all those personal issues. I always thought of the WCW guys he had the most potential. Not even necessarily in the ring but just as a gimmick, as long as he wasn't doing the ICP stuff.

Too bad he later went on to just try to be Undertaker as much as possible

Whenever I think of Vampiro I think of that awful match he had with Judas Mesias in WSX. ELECTRIFIED BARBEDWIRE COFFIN!!!

WSX was like Russo had got into booking deathmatch wrestling.

strobogo

Banned
It's too bad about Vampiro being... Vampiro and having all those personal issues. I always thought of the WCW guys he had the most potential. Not even necessarily in the ring but just as a gimmick, as long as he wasn't doing the ICP stuff.

Too bad he later went on to just try to be Undertaker as much as possible

He was over with crowds from day one, even before he was doing any kind of angles. He wasn't very good in the ring, wasn't a good talker, and didn't even really have much physical charisma. Maybe it was an in person thing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He was over with crowds from day one, even before he was doing any kind of angles. He wasn't very good in the ring, wasn't a good talker, and didn't even really have much physical charisma. Maybe it was an in person thing.

It was a cool gimmick, and he had a great look for it(aside from when he wore the girdle thing) He was basically what Sting was before Sting's gimmick just became 'I dont know you're Surfer Sting, but you still wear the crow makeup because people like buying masks', and it was Russo-riffic when it actually worked because a lot of the shit he did was probably Russo watching Kevin Sullivan tapes, and you don't really get gimmicks like that anymore. It's why Bray works.

Punk and Bryan
SHIELD
Wyatt Family
The Rhodes Brothers
The Real Americans
PTP
Los Matadores
3mb
Usos
Brodus Clay and Sweet T
R-Truth and Xavier Woods
Big E and Mark Henry

This gave me the bright idea that WWE should do a Lethal Lottery PPV, don't ask why.

Top Bottom