• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deception IV |OT| Delta Horse Humiliation Game

I have this pre-ordered at Gamestop for the PS3 but I'm still debating if I want the Vita Version as well. Cross-save makes it more enticing, but is there any word on how well it runs on Vita?

jamsy

Any idea on when we'll see some reviews? I'm interested in the Vita version, but have too many games to finish as is (currently playing FFX HD on VIta and AA:Dual Destinies).

esterk

I'm hoping I'll get a chance to play it today - I'll leave my impressions here if so. Looking forward to this game, looks like a really fun portable game.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I was hoping the preorder would show up on PSN. I bought II and III from eBay last year and I thought they were very entertaining. I definitely want this for Vita. Sony should just release the entire series on their ps classics line.

It's a very dark game, but it keeps your attention with the sinister game mechanics. I'd set traps on the steps and have them run up after me, then hit them with a giant wall press.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I was hoping the preorder would show up on PSN. I bought II and III from eBay last year and I thought they were very entertaining. I definitely want this for Vita. Sony should just release the entire series on their ps classics line.

It's a very dark game, but it keeps your attention with the sinister game mechanics. I'd set traps on the steps and have them run up after me, then hit them with a giant wall press.

This title is the least "dark" of them all thanks to the 3 servants you are stuck with.

Ive got this fully paid off for the Vita, can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.
The $20 difference is too much for me though so no PS3 version, would have gladly paid $60 for a cross-buy version :-(

This title is the least "dark" of them all thanks to the 3 servants you are stuck with.

I can see that trio turning a lot of older fans off, yet oddly garnering new ones :/
Whats the difficulty like?
is there an easy for novices and players that just want to kill people?

esterk

So far the game is really fun though the character moves soooooo slow. Ugh. Otherwise I'm having a blast, the area specific traps are really satisfying.

So far the game is really fun though the character moves soooooo slow. Ugh. Otherwise I'm having a blast, the area specific traps are really satisfying.
That was the push I needed, hello elaborate death traps. :D

Oh my..so many traps, I'm glad they took advantage of the space this gen affords, this should be gooood!

Parakeetman

But I like the 3 servants :(

judging from your avatar I cant imagine why...

I can see that trio turning a lot of older fans off, yet oddly garnering new ones :/
Whats the difficulty like?
is there an easy for novices and players that just want to kill people?

I dont remember there being a difficulty setting, then again I usually never touch that sort of stuff for the most part.

Once you beat levels you can go back and replay them as free play maps and stick in whoever you want to mess around. Though sometimes getting those opened up might be an issue for new players who are not as familiar with the games mechanics, as mentioned some of the bosses are a pain in the ass. So you will be trying to find out ways to cheese the ranged bosses to death rather than playing normally. Since going one on one with them on even ground usually winds up with you getting hit and healing points are limited on the map, same with the skills allowing for self healing.

Anyways though without a bit of a challenge the game would be boring since the melee type of enemies are not really that big of a problem as they need to come at you head on and get within range with their weapons.

Its still a great addition to the series and worth picking up for fans or people who knew about the series and were curious. Just dont expect awesome graphics and other things. Since the game and series were never really about flaunting that.

Its always been like that in the series, but trust me later on you will wish you were stuck with the slow ass enemies again. Have fun when you figure out who specifically Im talking about.

is this the one with the pie-to-the-face trap or is that an older Deception game?

This game has a pie to the face trap.

Any idea on when we'll see some reviews? I'm interested in the Vita version, but have too many games to finish as is (currently playing FFX HD on VIta and AA:Dual Destinies).

With these type of games all the "reviews" you need are right here from fellow GAF members.

judging from your avatar I cant imagine why...

I dont remember there being a difficulty setting, then again I usually never touch that sort of stuff for the most part.

Once you beat levels you can go back and replay them as free play maps and stick in whoever you want to mess around. Though sometimes getting those opened up might be an issue for new players who are not as familiar with the games mechanics, as mentioned some of the bosses are a pain in the ass. So you will be trying to find out ways to cheese the ranged bosses to death rather than playing normally. Since going one on one with them on even ground usually winds up with you getting hit and healing points are limited on the map, same with the skills allowing for self healing.

Anyways though without a bit of a challenge the game would be boring since the melee type of enemies are not really that big of a problem as they need to come at you head on and get within range with their weapons.

Its still a great addition to the series and worth picking up for fans or people who knew about the series and were curious. Just dont expect awesome graphics and other things. Since the game and series were never really about flaunting that.

Its always been like that in the series, but trust me later on you will wish you were stuck with the slow ass enemies again. Have fun when you figure out who specifically Im talking about.
I believe you, I'm watching some vids now and I can already see areas where I'm going to wish codebreaker was in effect this gen :(
All traps and unlimited usage was what pushed me through trapt, even then it was a bit of a challenge..aww well, at least it should last me a while before my next obsession!

Parakeetman

I believe you, I'm watching some vids now and I can already see areas where I'm going to wish codebreaker was in effect this gen :(
All traps and unlimited usage was what pushed me through trapt, even then it was a bit of a challenge..aww well, at least it should last me a while before my next obsession!

The AI is a bit odd too with how some are dumb as a bag of dicks, while others will totally avoid sections that they know is trapped or has been trapped before. But thankfully it does not seem to be so smart that it will remember all these locations once you have it focused on a new one. So you can go back to a different section and try to hit the boss with the same setup as you did before. This more really applies to the bosses than the normal enemies thankfully.

Not going to say which stage, but for one example one of the two bosses the first one was easy since you could keep hitting them with the same combo over and over and over again in the same location. The other later on is the problematic one that will drive some people insane.

Letep

Strange. I preordered from Gamestop, but haven't gotten a text saying it's arrived, and the site still shows it as a preorder.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
will this game be on PSN?

Ryuukan

double vita Tuesday, be jealous

fOoM6TE.jpg

Aerocrane

double vita Tuesday, be jealous

I managed to preorder Deception IV from a local store, but I probably need to order DW8XL from Amazon UK. It's really difficult to find physical copies of Vita games in Finland. I'm more jealous about availability of physical copies of Vita games in US than the release dates, a few days wait is fine, but I don't like additional shipping costs from ordering games from other countries. Deception comes out on Friday here in Europe, can't wait!

Ryuukan

Cleared all the tutorials, I would recommend everyone try them first. They are very quick and simple, but explain the basics of the game very well.

Ogawa-san

For those playing on Vita, how's it looking?

Still haven't decided on which version to pick. Leaning towards Vita since the content is the same and it's cheaper, but if the PS3 one looks significantly better I'd go with it.

Top Bottom