• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deception IV |OT| Delta Horse Humiliation Game

cj_iwakura

It's so good to have a Deception with a bloodthirsty protagonist again. No more of III or Trapt's 'waaah I hate killing' BS.

Uthred

Did the ability to upload to YouTube get added to the Japanese Vita version or is it exclusive to the PS3 version?

OmegaZero

Screenies from the tutorials:

EgAVgn9.jpg

LEq2clV.jpg

j9vwQyk.jpg

Dy3grd0.jpg

xeM88zY.jpg

jIMIlex.jpg

I'm still in the Prologue Chapter, but I'm already liking the game. It looks great, sounds great, runs great and doesn't hold your hand unless you ask it too.

EDIT:
How is the resolution and frame rate for the Vita version?
As I stated earlier, dynamic resolution that stays mostly at native res, and a mostly smooth 30 fps (no idea how the framerate will hold in the later chapters).

Ogawa-san

Also, do the tutorial. Armor breaking was explained there.

On extra modes: I didn't expect to get stumped in a one-star mission... And there's a hundred of them.

Just cleared the tutorial. Timing seems to be important in this game, I think I tried to drop a boulder on the thief chick about 4 times before I finally successfully landed it on her. Trying to get a 500 Humiliation combo seems equally difficult with only 2 Humiliation traps available at the start.

I want my Gamestop preorder traps but I can't activate them on PSN yet because I have to upgrade my firmware but there's a thread where people who have 32 GB memory cards are reporting it bricks Vitas. Goddammit.

maomaoIYP

Been playing since Sunday, fuckloads of fun. LOVE it.
Remember to setup your abilities so that you can place 4 traps right from the start.

Eusis

Wonder what the print run of this was. Amazon is already low on stock. Might not be able to wait for a drop, at least on PS3
My general thought process (which I would hope is just business common sense) is that unless a product is MEANT to be limited that if it's selling out fast that they would rush to produce and sell more. So if it's already selling out on Amazon I wouldn't really worry, it's when it's getting cheaper and getting low on stock years later that I'd be very worried, at that point they just want to unload stock.

Seventy5

I'm a huge fan of this series, I was so happy to see a US release, and on Vita no less. In my hour and a half so far I can say fans should be happy with it. Moving around is no longer janky like it used to be and the lock on for trap timing is great. Plus its back to the sadistic devil goodness, I haven't seen a hint of morality yet. Plays great on the Vita and I may double dip and get the DD version on PS3 eventually. Thank god for PSN, I doubt you'll be able to find a copy of this anywhere in 2 months.

cuilan

Well, Newegg's product page says the Vita version is out of stock, yet my preorder is apparently still valid and unshipped. It seems like they took more preorders than they could actually fulfill...

If I didn't have a Newegg gift card that I wanted to use, I would have gone with Amazon instead. Oh well, guess I'll try waiting a day to see if they will actually send me a copy. Hopefully Amazon still has stock if Newegg doesn't come through.

Kumubou

I really like how the daemon requests are working out (so far, anyway). It implores you to mix things up a fair bit and work out different combinations.

It's so good to have a Deception with a bloodthirsty protagonist again. No more of III or Trapt's 'waaah I hate killing' BS.
I always found it funny how the heroines would whine about the fact that they have to kill while accumulating a body count higher than Jack Bauer's.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I feel like if I don't get a physical copy of this now, I'll never be able to find one at a decent price. But I can't afford it unless I trade in a bunch of other stuff that's also worth a decent amount (Rune Factory 4, Guided Fate Paradox, maybe Hatsune Miku). Gaaaaaah what to do.

klee123

I still agree putting this at $60 was a horrible idea, but $40 for Vita and $50 for PS3 seems fair to me.

I agree, the fact that Tecmo actually bothered with this franchise in this day and age is a miracle. Which for me, provided that the game is actually good is something I definitely would prefer to support over COD clone #23.

I guess my issue is that people are expecting these types of games to be budget titles at 20-30, simply because it doesn't have million dollar production values which is the norm in your average western production. I guess most people think niche = cheap.

Ponn

Banned
No one on my friend list bought this, the Vita bubble is a ghost town. Oh well, has beena fun distraction from FF X but i just did the tutorials and going to stop there for now till i beat FFXHD.

Eusis

I agree, the fact that Tecmo actually bothered with this franchise in this day and age is a miracle. Which for me, provided that the game is actually, good is something I definitely would prefer to support over COD clone #23.

I guess my issue is that people are expecting these types of games to be budget titles at 20-30, simply because it doesn't have million dollar production values which is the norm in your average western production. I guess most people think niche = cheap.
While $20-30 is too low, given the Vita version at $40 I don't think it's unreasonable to expect it to either be $40 or at least $50 rather than $60. Especially when Escha & Logy came out two weeks ago at $50 and was likely of similar production values.

jengo

None of the CA bay area Best Buys stocked this (expected), so I just ordered online. Gotta support that western localization of great Japanese IPs for Vita and physical production.

Ken

how prominent are the waifus in this game or is it more about the traps :/

and this is available digitally yeah?

klee123

While $20-30 is too low, given the Vita version at $40 I don't think it's unreasonable to expect it to either be $40 or at least $50 rather than $60. Especially when Escha & Logy came out two weeks ago at $50 and was likely of similar production values.

I agree that $50 would be preferred, but this should really apply to all games in reality.

You know, if Tecmo did a double pack for the the disc version on PS3 plus the digital Vita version for say 70-80, I would definitely buy that.

maomaoIYP

how prominent are the waifus in this game or is it more about the traps :/

and this is available digitally yeah?

There are 4 women story characters but only the one with the least "character" has a 3D model. The rest are just 2D illustrations like in a visual novel.

There are a crapload of female enemies whom you can capture though, if that counts.

So true. Didn't like how the MC was treated like a victim.

I haven't tried out the new modes, but they look like it'll keep me busy for a while. I miss the pool of blood effect when your enemies die though.

Ogawa-san

The first assassin boss taught me that running without heals was... unwise.

Fuck assassins. Teleport, ranged attacks, melee eating half of your health, and they'll sidestep triggered traps for good measure.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Just played through the first level on the Vita. Game feels just like what a deception game should play like but less clunky than the past titles. Like some have said, I like that the main girl is just outright evil or at least not morally bound and squirming while she proceeds to kill everyone who enters. I hate her clothes though and her duo eye colour and one horn design seems rather random. Still undecided about her 3 servants.

Activating traps and cycling through them with the left and right buttons turned out to be quite helpful when it comes to planning. Often in the older games (at least in Trapt, can't really remember much of the older ones) I would press the wrong buttons in the heat of battle. The new control scheme lets you plan the order that you want your traps to be activated and at the same time lets you select otherwise if you have a change of plans. The tutorial and the first level also does a good job teaching players.

Svartnatt

Trying to get a 500 Humiliation combo seems equally difficult with only 2 Humiliation traps available at the start.

I'm pretty sure I pulled off the 500 Humiliation combo last night on the level with the rolling mechanical knight contraption. I used the 2 Humiliation traps in combination with pushing the victim into the cannon, which adds Humiliation combo points.

How I did it:
The exact sequence was wall push into the cannon, cannon fires guy into the cage, he drops out of the cage, rake on the spot he falls to, and finally drop the pumpkin head on him.

Ended up being worth 825 Humilation points or so, if I remember right.

L.O.R.D

just saw the game in a local shop in Saudi arabia
and,,,its not banned here
but a game like Catherine is banned based on the cover art only

cj_iwakura

It is amazing how polished this game is. I'm not sure I'll be able to play the earlier games the same way. The team behind this love Deception, and it shows.

The localization is worlds better than any of the previous four, too(not that it was a particularly high bar to reach).

The one thing I still get a kick out of are the crazy bios of the "guest". I kinda felt bad for dropping a chandelier on someone's head.....

Kinda.

It really is a solid game.

Top Bottom