• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Def Jam Rapstar |OT|

wallbc01

Neo Member
Used my $25 coupon for kmart to pick up the bundle that also comes with a $20 PSN card. It's pretty fun so far. There are def some songs I do not know at all and the censored parts in some of the songs really throw you off. Kicked some ass on "Nothin but a G Thang" and "It Was a Good Day". Got my ass kicked by Twista in "Slow Jamz". Def need to see what DLC songs there are when they start pumping those out. I would of liked to of gotten "i got 5 on it" and "rappers delgiht" from Amazon

wallbc01 said:
I would of liked to of gotten "i got 5 on it" and "rappers delgiht" from Amazon

If you hurry they might be on PSN for free. I know they've been accidentally uploaded for free download on XBLM. ("I Got 5" at least.) I just got them. GO GO GO GO!!!

Ridley327

The free songs that are up are:

Lumiz-I Got 5 On It
Clipse-Grindin'
Chamillionaire-Ridin'
DMX-Party Up

I can't believe it: a Konami fuck-up that benefits the consumer for a change. :lol

Chairhome

Ridley327 said:

Lumiz-I Got 5 On It
Clipse-Grindin'
Chamillionaire-Ridin'
DMX-Party Up

I can't believe it: a Konami fuck-up that benefits the consumer for a change. :lol
Thanks, just downloaded those tracks in case I rent/pick up the game some time.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Ridley327 said:

Lumiz-I Got 5 On It
Clipse-Grindin'
Chamillionaire-Ridin'
DMX-Party Up

Those last three are so awesome I'm tempted to buy this like right now.

Ridley327

Chairhome said:
Thanks, just downloaded those tracks in case I rent/pick up the game some time.
I've got it sitting in my Goozex queue right now. The game looks really solid and it's got a pretty great track list, so what's the harm in having a few extra songs ready when I do eventually get the game?

wallbc01

Neo Member
damn no free ones on PSN. update is now live

* “Bad Boy For Life” – Diddy ($1.99)
* “I’m So Hood (Remix)” – DJ Khaled ($1.99)
* “Paid in Full” – Eric B. & Rakim ($1.99)
* “Low” – Flo Rida ($1.99)
* “All The Above” – Maino ($1.99)
* “Rapper’s Delight” – Sugarhill Gang ($1.99)

Leckan

Razorskin said:
kpYWJ.jpg

20hn79c.jpg

Any news if this is region free?

Really dont fancy getting the UK version considering the joke UK artists they included on the game. We have ill UK rappers over here but they always get ignored over the wack ass rappers!!

kobashi100 said:

Really dont fancy getting the UK version considering the joke UK artists they included on the game. We have ill UK rappers over here but they always get ignored over the wack ass rappers!!

No different than the US, mate. Most people over here have no idea what actual rappers sound like. Rakim who?

Varshes

Anyone know if either the Lips mics for 360 or the wireless SingStar mics for PS3 work for this game on either system?

DMX - Party Up

Sold I am so buying this game

plus I'm assuming it is censored (radio edit) which is generally more funny for DMX songs

kobashi100 said:

At least it has Roots Manuva on it .

Cerebral Assassin said:
At least it has Roots Manuva on it .

Yeah 'Witness the Fitness' is a classic track dude!

shame the other UK exclusives are a joke and not even rap tunes. The game is not region free so Europeans havent got 'Today Was A Good Day'.

Thats some BS right there!!

djtiesto said:
Are they gonna censor the SNES reference in Juicy for the 360/PS3 versions? :p

what's funny is that I downloaded Chamillionaire's Ridin' (on my 360), and they censored "Playstation" :lol

I don't know if this is supposed ro be some sort of viral marketing trick, but yesterday I was walking around town (oakland). And there were several bundles of fake "def jam rapstar" $100 bills wrapped up on the ground. For all I know the game comes with fake money and people thtew them on the ground because they didn't want it. Should I have picked it up to win something?! =P

Chairhome

The Street Fighter II screen is blurred out during the Juicy video though.

I spent about 4 hrs playing it yesterday, beat career mode on Medium. Twista's Slow Jamz is IMPOSSIBLE. My wife impressed me with her knowledge of Luniz "I've got 5 on it". After beating it, you unlock
Expert mode, no lyrics!
... I got Off The Chain on that mode on "I Get around" and "Nothin but a G thang" (cause I'm gangster like that, haha), wife did the same on "You're All I Need" (she knows all of Meth's lines, crazy). You get a "Def Jam Rapstar" accolade when you do it for each song.

Fun game, but kinda glad I only rented it. Fun party game though. Might pick it up if it gets cheap and if they have more early 90s rap for DLC.

Om3ga

Is there a way to get the uncensored versions of the songs in the game? I really want the game, but playing radio edits really doesn't work for me.

They should have released both the explicit and radio edit versions of the game just like they do albums.

Ridley327

Om3ga said:
Is there a way to get the uncensored versions of the songs in the game? I really want the game, but playing radio edits really doesn't work for me.

They should have released both the explicit and radio edit versions of the game just like they do albums.
Not without changing the retail game's rating. The ESRB is pretty picky about that kind of stuff.

dream

Did Konami throw in any edits of their own or are these just the straight radio edits from the label? I ask because I've seen "chronic" beeped out while "weed" wasn't.

Rapstah

shattyboombatty said:
I don't know if this is supposed ro be some sort of viral marketing trick, but yesterday I was walking around town (oakland). And there were several bundles of fake "def jam rapstar" $100 bills wrapped up on the ground. For all I know the game comes with fake money and people thtew them on the ground because they didn't want it. Should I have picked it up to win something?! =P
Oh, that's where the money I dropped ended up. Send it to me.

IrishNinja

wallbc01 said:
damn no free ones on PSN. update is now live

* “Bad Boy For Life” – Diddy ($1.99)
* “I’m So Hood (Remix)” – DJ Khaled ($1.99)
* “Paid in Full” – Eric B. & Rakim ($1.99)
* “Low” – Flo Rida ($1.99)
* “All The Above” – Maino ($1.99)
* “Rapper’s Delight” – Sugarhill Gang ($1.99)

Eric B & Rakim, nice! where's the Pharcyde one, though?

lotta ya'll need to shut the fuck up about jay/em and play DJ Hero. or just go back to vendetta. this looks great from the track lineup, few throwaways but a lotta classics.

Top Bottom