• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic National Primary Debate #1 |Tokyo2016| Rise of Mecha-Godzilla

GAF Definitive Conclusive Scientific Online Poll of Who Won

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maledict

I am shocked over how different those debates were. The Repubs should be embarrassed about their debates.

One of my favourite take always is republicans complaining that CNN didn't go hard enough on Hilary. Given how substantive the dem debate was, and how Anderson really did a far better job at pushing the candidates than the republican debates, it just confirms my suspicision that they are still stuck in the same mind set they had in 2012.

The republican base *loathes* the democrats. It's beyond disagreement, to a visceral hatred. They want to see raw, red meat and blood on the carpet, and they don't understand that tactic is suicidal in a general election. Romney suffered from same issue - the base was constantly harassing him to go on the offensive on Benghazi, but his own polling showed the issue was a non-entity outside of the hardcore republican base, in their heads anything that isn't accusing Hilary of personally murdering people and concealing the email proof on her private servers is 'being soft' on the democrats, and it just pushes their candidate further and further away from electability.

antonz

Yes, parents would be expected to make "realistic contributions" while students would have to work around 10 hours every week. The total cost would be around 350 billion.

I think it is a reasonable proposal and not pie-in-the-sky stuff that would never pass the legislature.

Clinton's entire plan is frankly pie in the sky. America fucked up when it let higher education turn into a money making scheme. Her plan basically needs a complete rebuilding of the education system and she isn't calling for that. She is simply calling for price reduction and the promise of rewards if they do so

params7

Banned
Sounds like a typical Hillary supported with no ideals.

I like Bernie. He's a tad better than Hillary on foreign policy as well. Hillary flat out saying "No" to the credibility rhetoric stemming from Iraq war Chafee put on her was a turn off. Least she could have done is acknowledge there are issues in the US Government but maybe that's too much to ask of her given she's part establishment.

The thing about Bernie is he's too idealistic and probably won't get much shit passed through congress. But even if he does not, he'll plant the seeds for them which could be followed up upon.

Bernie (My Man) and Hilary both did pretty well, with each having a couple problematic answers. For Bernie, gun control, and for Hilary, marijuana.

O'Malley did well too, and elevated himself in my eyes, although he's still a distant third place contender for me.

Chafee did not seem prepared or confident at all. The "It was my first day!" defense was one of the worst things I've heard, especially when he doubled down on it.

Get Webb out of here.

Cheebo

Banned
Corporate media likes the corporate candidate. No way!

http://imgur.com/kwUIpTJ

Are you seriously trying to use online polls as proof the media is faking that Hillary won? Really? The same snap polls Trump dominated after the last debate that he clearly lost (and his polls went down after). The same online snap polls Ron Paul always won 80%+ of in the 08/12 debates?

This has to be a joke post.

Bernie (My Man) and Hilary both did pretty well, with each having a couple problematic answers. For Bernie, gun control, and for Hilary, marijuana.

Except Bernie's answer is where the country is at(we need better gun control) while Hillary's answer is not where the country is at (NO WEED FOR YOU! NEXT!).

Other than that, yeah, completely the same.

Cheebo

Banned
Except Bernie's answer is where the country is at(we need better gun control) while Hillary's answer is not where the country is at (NO WEED FOR YOU! NEXT!).

Except the democratic base is far and away not where Bernie is on guns at all. But alright.

giga

So now that Hillary has the nomination in the bag, when do you suppose sanders withdraws? After the second or third debate?

Cheebo

Banned
We're back to Bernie is Ron Paul again? Oh god.

You used online polls as "proof" he won the debate even though all in the media said Hillary did.

Ron Paul proved online polls like that are a complete joke. The fact you are pointing to them as evidence is baffling and beyond absurd.

Blader

uh, was Hilary's position not also in favor of stronger gun control?

params7

Banned
You used online polls as "proof" he won the debate even though all in the media said Hillary did.

Ron Paul proved online polls like that are a complete joke. The fact you are pointing to them as evidence is baffling and beyond absurd.

Well lets not forget it is possible for media to have their agendas. Trump rose in scientific polls despite all media saying he lost both republican debates.

uh, was Hilary's position not also in favor of stronger gun control?

Yes, it was. The poster I quoted said he didn't like Bernie's answer to guns. Which if one was listening Bernie said he is for common sense and common ground gun laws which he explained. He's not for a sweeping across the board ban on guns and neither is Hillary. Which is why I don't know why if he hated Bernie's stance on guns he doesn't hate Hillary's stance on guns as well.

Follow the posts dude. It's not too hard to read.

Cheebo

Banned
Well lets not forget it is possible for media to have their agendas. Trump rose in scientific polls despite all media saying he lost both republican debates.
This isn't true at all. The media deemed him the winner of the first debate, he went up in polls. The media deemed Fiorina & Rubio the winner of the second, they went up in the polls and Trump has gone down in the polls after that debate.

Do we have any reasonable speculation as to who the VP picks would be if Hilary or Bernie were nominated for the general election? Any good chance that they'd pick one-another?

benjipwns

Banned
But you need to ask those questions and challenge the candidates instead of doing a reality tv show where you pit them against one another with "X said this about you, what is your response?" - statements.
That's their goal though. It's what people want to see.

The whole point of 30-45-60-90 second answers, with responses if your name is mentioned is to toss out soundbites and pick fights.

Anderson was just dealt a crappy hand, Webb and Chafee are in their own world and are thus ineffective at using setups for attacking Hillary/Sanders, O'Malley was choosing his battles since it was his FIRST BIG STAGE, Sanders is too nice to attack anyone, and Hillary is too smart to do anything but play defense.

The 2008 Debates when they had everybody out there down to Gravel had a lot of the same crap you get in the current GOP debates with "[X] said [Y]" and "let's go down the row" and the infamous hand raising crap. Plus lots of Hillary targeting. Like Jeb! was getting.

Do we have any reasonable speculation as to who the VP picks would be if Hilary or Bernie were nominated for the general election? Any good chance that they'd pick one-another?
Why would either want to be a Vice President? Bernie can go back to the Senate, Hillary to prison.

Cheebo

Banned

0% chance. You dont have two candidates around the age of 70 on the ticket. Most speculation currently is when Hillary wins she is most likely to pick someone along the lines of Julian Castro.

tanooki27

0% chance. You dont have two candidates around the age of 70 on the ticket. Most speculation currently is when Hillary wins she is most likely to pick someone along the lines of Julian Castro.

yep, makes sense. plus isn't Castro from Florida? bonus

no actually he's from Texas. interesting

benjipwns

Banned
Saw this pop up on my facebook...is this real?

http://i.imgur.com/kwUIpTJ.jpg

It's basically showing how all the polls show viewers thought sanders won, but every media site is like HILLARY HILLARY HILLARY
Why doesn't this show the most trustworthy poll?

**DRUDGE POLL** WHO WON THE FIRST DEM DEBATE '16?
SANDERS 55.7% (151,821 votes)

WEBB 24.79% (67,564 votes)

CLINTON 8.16% (22,232 votes)

O'MALLEY 7.04% (19,195 votes)

CHAFEE 4.31% (11,745 votes)

Total Votes: 272,557

The Facebook poll you have to log into facebook(1 vote per an account). Bernie was up at 81% of the vote when I voted. Bernie has slightly more(relatively) supporters on FB than Hillary by like 100,000. Should be a fair fight of whose supporters are more passionate. Bern wins which is no shock. Then again those number of fans on FB are skewed since Hillary has been buying FB likes from Malaysia and other SE Asian countries.

Cheebo

Banned
As we just had this discussion, like 5 posts up...it should come as no shocker that the corporate media likes the corporate candidate.

The "corporate media" is clearly in the bag for Hillary, I mean it isn't liked they attacked her all summer about email-gate and speculated endlessly about Biden getting in.

Pastry

Banned
The Facebook poll you have to log into facebook(1 vote per an account). Bernie was up at 81% of the vote when I voted. Bernie has slightly more(relatively) supporters on FB than Hillary by like 100,000. Should be a fair fight of whose supporters are more passionate. Bern wins which is no shock.

That's totes scientific and sound polling strategy.

Cheebo

Banned
You know you are supporting a losing candidate when you point to online non-scientific polls as proof you are really the winner and declare it a conspiracy that every journalist and reporter is saying otherwise.

Once you enter the realm of conspiracy theory and pointing online polls...you have already lost. That is never a winning argument.

Blader

Yes, it was. The poster I quoted said he didn't like Bernie's answer to guns. Which if one was listening Bernie said he is for common sense and common ground gun laws which he explained. He's not for a sweeping across the board ban on guns and neither is Hillary. Which is why I don't know why if he hated Bernie's stance on guns he doesn't hate Hillary's stance on guns as well.

Follow the posts dude. It's not too hard to read.

Ah, the irony of supporting a passionate idealist while being a prick about it...

Bernie's stance on guns came off as weak because it was and historically has been. Being from a rural state might be the honest political truth why he doesn't want come on too hard on gun control beyond some very placid bare minimum policy remarks, but that's a shit reason that was presented poorly. O'Malley gave a better position on gun control than Sanders did.

The "corporate media" is clearly in the bag for Hillary, I mean it isn't liked they attacked her all summer about email-gate and speculated endlessly about Biden getting in.

Who else could they choose as the winner? The grenade thrower with a thing for China? The moron who doesn't know what he's voting for? The guy who is thinking so hard he has plans for America in 2050? The person who says he is not a capitalist? Or the potential history making, former first lady, who will keep the status quo in check and the companies profits in tact? Yeah, the latter.

Cheebo

Banned
Who else could they choose as the winner? The grenade thrower with a thing for China? The moron who doesn't know what he's voting for? The guy who is thinking so hard he has plans for America in 2050? The person who says he is not a capitalist? Or the potential history making, former first lady, who will keep the status quo in check and the companies profits in tact? Yeah, the latter.
Come on man, she won fair and square. This coinspiracy that political journalists are faking that she won and trying to prop her up is pure lunancy. You know it, I know you do. The NYTimes and Washington Post are not part of this vast conspiracy to try and convince the American people of a lie that she won, they are just reporting on what they saw. These are beyond reputable journalists and media outlets.

Damerman

Come on man, she won fair and square. This coinspiracy that political journalists are faking that she won and trying to prop her up is pure lunancy. You know it, I know you do.

lunacy?

thats a bit hyperbolic considering everyone's initial reaction that it was either a tie or that either candidate won depending on what ur stance is on some issues. different outlets are picking between sanders and hilary... It's not lunacy to suggest sanders won this debate.

That's totes scientific and sound polling strategy.

We'll see when the actual scientific polls come out in a few days. As I said before, I'm quite certain Bernie is getting a boost in the polls based off this debate in the polls where Biden is not included from the previous polls where he was not included. In the polls where Biden was included Hillary might have won over some of Joe's support or maybe they have gone elsewhere(Sanders, O'Malley) with his no-show at the debate.

Cheebo

Banned
lunacy?

thats a bit hyperbolic considering everyone's initial reaction that it was either a tie or that either candidate won depending on what ur stance is on some issues. different outlets are picking between sanders and hilary... It's not lunacy to suggest sanders won this debate.
That's not what I am saying. He is claiming all the major media outlets declaring Hillary won (which virtually all of them are doing, very very few are saying Bernie won) is because of a vast corporate conspiracy that they are trying to help her win.

Come on man, she won fair and square. This coinspiracy that political journalists are faking that she won and trying to prop her up is pure lunancy. You know it, I know you do. The NYTimes and Washington Post are not part of this vast conspiracy to try and convince the American people of a lie that she won, they are just reporting on what they saw. These are beyond reputable journalists and media outlets.

And the two different groups of people watching the debate by Fusion and Fox were just cherry picked people part of some grand conspiracy to show Hillary is weak when they picked Bernie as the winner of the debate. Maybe it's time you take off the tin-foil hat.

That's not what I am saying. He is claiming all the major media outlets declaring Hillary won (which virtually all of them are doing, very very few are saying Bernie won) is because of a vast corporate conspiracy that they are trying to help her win.

You're the one with the conspiracy theories not me. My point is and has been the corporate media likes the corporate candidate. There's nothing conspiratorial about that. That's who they like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom