• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Gaze |OT| Even heroes have to pay rent

fedexpeon

Banned
If you are using the light GAF background you wont see it. But if you use the dark background its pretty evident.

eoMIjRj.png

I forgot this forum has the black background.
I was confused too...I was like wow, this guy has better eyes than anyone I know.

Gbraga

Don't fight over me, guys.

Seriously though, thank you for the warning and all the work, I don't know why you'd use the inferior GAF skin, but who am I to judge?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
sorry but that's a shite job, the cuts you made aren't aliased at all.

here

hanatanh4ahy.png

Someone apparently didnt notice the "fixed" part.

I forgot this forum has the black background.
I was confused too...I was like wow, this guy has better eyes than anyone I know.

The light background is way too bright on this monitor. Eyes are strained enough as is, so the darker background setting is fantastic.

But now it has jaggies on the light skin >_<

I guess I'll use it for the greater good though, thank you.

Oh damn right yeah sorry bout that forgot to check it against the light background. Messed with the image in less than 2 minutes literally. At least now you have that other proper version.

---

Back on the topic of the game I wonder if the US will eventually get what was the JP limited DLC down the line. Well more the extra character icons. Am still unhappy with the fact that it was limited so when I lost my data was unable to re-download it due to it not being on the store anymore. D:
The disgaea stuff is cool though for the US version.

Arthos

I haven't watched any footage but ordered the game anyways. I figure I can get through it, as well as Conception 2, during my two week break in between school semesters. My copy should be arriving Friday!

Loving the cover art. ^^

vocab

I find it funny you can have your portrait as prinny.

Even if we don't get Meikyuu Cross Blood, I'll be happy if we get those other games.

Tapejara

Just pulled the trigger on the Limited Edition. Was gonna wait for the standard edition to go on sale, but I can't resist NISA LE's.

Wereroku

If you are using the light GAF background you wont see it. But if you use the dark background its pretty evident.

eoMIjRj.png

In other news got an LE version secured thanks to a fellow GAF member alerting me to it being back in stock. Got off the phone with NISA also confirming the order so all should be good! As always great customer support from the folks at NISA.
I am guessing some payments bounced or were cancelled. Glad you got the LE it looks nice.

Parakeetman

I find it funny you can have your portrait as prinny.

Even if we don't get Meikyuu Cross Blood, I'll be happy if we get those other games.

My guess with that is they are waiting on Tokyo New World Order: Operation Abyss since it can be considered an updated version. The character art and such is far better than the older style thats used in Cross Blood & the Generation Xth series. Might be a better choice too considering if Demon Gaze does well people will be familiar with the art style used for characters in the story. As its the same artist Kurosawa Tetsu, &#12463;&#12525;&#12469;&#12527;&#12486;&#12484; and Okishi Jien &#27798;&#21490;&#24904; &#23476; (not sure if they are working on OA though, cant check yet)

I am guessing some payments bounced or were cancelled. Glad you got the LE it looks nice.

According to the GAF member who alerted me yeah seems like thats the case when it comes back into stock. Pretty cool its that fast with refreshing the data like that. Also once again really do appreciate said member taking the time out to let me know. Am quite happy with being able to snag one to collect.

Still unsure if I'm going to start this or Conception or some mysterious third game.

But looking forward to another glorious NISA LE.

CrovaxPSO

I imported the Japanese version last year and really enjoyed it but then put it on hold when the localization was announced. I had the LE preordered but decided to cancel it to make room for other things coming out in the coming months. Not sure if I'll just pick up the regular version later on or finish up the Japanese version.

Ken

The email I got from their online store reminded me this was coming out soon. Can't wait. Have the LE preordered for whatever reason lol.

Parakeetman

Saw these on a different site that sells phone accessories and other things. They have the same designs for different smartphone models too. But heres the 2 designs for the iPhone 5. Though they cost almost as much as the game clocking in at ~40 USD

The website for those interested though its all in Japanese.
https://dezaegg.com/products/list.php?category_id=200425

Really dig the first design as its not as busy as the other.

Another 20ish more hours to beat this game to get the review up by the 22nd....FUN! (Note I also work 8.5 hours a day) Well I guess no more Goat Simulator until I get this out.

Parakeetman

I need a gameplay trailer of this game. Can't really play first person RPGs.

Not exactly a gameplay trailer but combat looks like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuZZ2giqiOI

Moving through the dungeon is the standard grid based first person view. If you are familiar with that. I could do up footage from the JP version, but would take an hour for the stuff to be processed / uploaded.

ohlawd

I have mega high expectations for this. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Few times I wish I lived in the US just so I can get games on time. 3 weeks ;_;

Zephyx

Not exactly a gameplay trailer but combat looks like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuZZ2giqiOI

Moving through the dungeon is the standard grid based first person view. If you are familiar with that. I could do up footage from the JP version, but would take an hour for the stuff to be processed / uploaded.

Thanks. Will check this out when I get home. Do you think I will get motion sickness when playing this game? Primarily the reason I cannot play FP games.

Parakeetman

Will check this out when I get home. Do you think I will get motion sickness when playing this game? Primarily the reason I cannot play FP games.

You shouldnt as there is no actual moving the camera all over the place as with FPS games.

Anyways since I know how serious folks consider such things when it comes to actual "medical conditions" with gaming give me a bit of time will see if I can record you some footage running off the PSV TV which will be the best example of what to expect clearly. As there isnt really any good game footage that isnt spoiler inducing currently or people using a cam recording their vitas. Have to DL the game again onto the PSV TV as my PSV currently is in Natural Doctrine and Im in a dungeon I just started so cant use that mem card with all my data unfortunately. Anyways will have something up in under 2hrs I reckon and will post it here for you.

Zephyx

You shouldnt as there is no actual moving the camera all over the place as with FPS games.

Anyways since I know how serious folks consider such things when it comes to actual "medical conditions" with gaming give me a bit of time will see if I can record you some footage running off the PSV TV which will be the best example of what to expect clearly. As there isnt really any good game footage that isnt spoiler inducing currently or people using a cam recording their vitas. Have to DL the game again onto the PSV TV as my PSV currently is in Natural Doctrine and Im in a dungeon I just started so cant use that mem card with all my data unfortunately. Anyways will have something up in under 2hrs I reckon and will post it here for you.

Thanks for the effort. I will pick this up if I can dig it being first person after finishing Conception II. :)

Parakeetman

Thanks for the effort. I will pick this up if I can dig it being first person after finishing Conception II. :)

Might take a bit longer YT must be hammered now as processing is taking forever.

*Third time trying to upload / process the video. Lets see if it actually works this time. What the fuck youtube.

Arcblast

Neo Member
People seriously need to buy this game. I don't play dungeon crawlers, but I get to try this out thanks to JP PS+. Haven't had this much fun in years!

Raggie

This is now my most wanted game of the year (right after the Gabriel Knight remake).

My only regret is that I'm going to miss the limited edition. It'll just get too expensive to import to Europe.

Parakeetman

Is Conception II a bad game? I liked what I've seen from the videos.

The battle system isnt exactly the titles strong point. Game kinda put me to sleep with the dungeon bits. The first one did it, the second didnt seem any different so shelved it. Its just my general reaction to the title, granted even if the characters were amusing having to slog through the dungeons with that battle system just did not help with keeping ones attention. Its too bad too since the whole system of the various classes that the kids are and such was interesting and could have been put to so much better use with different design than the current one.

Anyways with that in mind, there are folks that like the game and what nots but personally for myself it wasnt a complete package that I was happy with.

The video is still trying to be processed btw. No idea wtf is wrong with youtube today as never had this much problem when doing all the natural doctrine stuff which was much longer in footage and file size.

Zephyx

The battle system isnt exactly the titles strong point. Game kinda put me to sleep with the dungeon bits. The first one did it, the second didnt seem any different so shelved it. Its just my general reaction to the title, granted even if the characters were amusing having to slog through the dungeons with that battle system just did not help with keeping ones attention. Its too bad too since the whole system of the various classes that the kids are and such was interesting and could have been put to so much better use with different design than the current one.

I see. I'll still get it over Demon Gaze though. I hope some gameplay preview can bring me over the fence as I really want to expand my horizons with first person RPGs. I tried Class of Heroes on the PSP but never liked it for its first person style.

Parakeetman

I see. I'll still get it over Demon Gaze though. I hope some gameplay preview can bring me over the fence as I really want to expand my horizons with first person RPGs. I tried Class of Heroes on the PSP but never liked it for its first person style.

About time youtube. Took em damned long enough. Anyways heres that footage showing what generally can be expected of the look with going through dungeons. As you can imagine its pretty standard to other Wizardry type of dungeon crawlers.

(click on image to watch video)

About time youtube. Took em damned long enough. Anyways heres that footage showing what generally can be expected of the look with going through dungeons. As you can imagine its pretty standard to other Wizardry type of dungeon crawlers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ5OHjl0KVY

Nice vid.
I played the Students of the Round 360 demo. Shame that never saw a full release.
Also a shame none of the other Elminage titles were released in the US. I put nearly 50 hours into it.

Will be getting this game for certain(even though I still need a Vita).

Parakeetman

Nice vid.
I played the Students of the Round 360 demo. Shame that never saw a full release.
Also a shame none of the other Elminage titles were released in the US. I put nearly 50 hours into it.

Will be getting this game for certain(even though I still need a Vita).

The vid was just something short for Zephyx to show what it looked like in motion with going through a dungeon. All of that stuff is from the very start of the game so nothing spoilers wise with the plot and such.

It is unfortunate no one ever brought out either the 360 or PSP version of Students of the Round as its another great game. Though the artwork could use a bit of an update with the characters. It was odd for the PSP version they used the artist from Demon Gaze though the art in the game was the original stuff. folks were not too amused by that. Would make for a great "remake" though. Similar to whats happening with Tokyo New World Record: Operation Abyss, being based off of the Generation Xth series. Am pretty sure that game is the reason why in the West Meikyuu Cross Blood: Infinity has not been localized.

Yeah the other Elminage titles are great due to being the closest thing to wizardry mechanics wise, but its really a niche series unfortunately. Am curious as to how the first one did sales wise in the West. With all the bugs and everything. But from what I understand there were patches released that fixed some of the issues and such.

Ravage

I'm feeling the urge to buy this even though I have zero love for 1st person dungeon crawlers. Probably due to the positive word of mouth I've been hearing.

vocab

I'm feeling the urge to buy this even though I have zero love for 1st person dungeon crawlers. Probably due to the positive word of mouth I've been hearing.
I'm curious to know what first person dungeon crawlers you have played if any.

Ken

I'm curious to know what first person dungeon crawlers you have played if any.

I'm kind of in the same boat as him. I haven't played a ton (several EOs including IV, SMTIV, and Strange Journey) but I'll still buy it for the art and a chance at liking this genre of game.

vocab

I'm kind of in the same boat as him. I haven't played a ton (several EOs including IV, SMTIV, and Strange Journey) but I'll still buy it for the art and a chance at liking this genre of game.
Hey weren't you the original person who pointed out the panty sniffing? I'm surprised you are buying it.

Top Bottom