• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

cyborg009

Banned
i2iv7NggpZIR.png

Changes from Beta:
Reduced load time and increased gameplay speed
Increased spirit levels to allow for deeper spirit progression
Increased number of spirit slots to allow players to have a greater variety of spirits
Numerous Spirit Point requirement updates that allow your Spirit Points to go further

Spirit Points, Summoning Stones, and Destiny Orbs:
In Destiny of Spirits, the world contains three types of magical substances: Spirit Points, Summoning Stones and Destiny Orbs. Spirit Points are earned after battles and can be used to rent other player’s Spirits, merge Spirits to level up, and trade Spirits with other players. Summoning Stones are also earned through battles and you can use these to summon Spirits. Destiny Orbs are available for purchase on PlayStation Store. Some features require Destiny Orbs like Advanced Summon, Rare Summon, restoring a Spirit’s health, and other features at the Shop.

Rare Summon: Currently Knack
Previously from beta it was Toro and Kat and friends from Gravity Rush.

There are multiple ways to obtain Spirits in Destiny of Spirits. “Summon” is one way, and from time to time, you will see familiar PlayStation character Spirits available using the “Rare Summon” feature. Knack Spirits are currently available, but for a limited time only. Don’t miss this opportunity to add Knack Spirits to your collection! There will be other PlayStation character Spirits available in the future, so please stay tuned.

Click on images
ifPTe2lumdqY.png

i0ek1ZSEdz7Eh.png

Pics: (World Map, Battle, Trading with friends, Boss raid fight, Boss raid attempts, Spirti stats, stats and Yunica

13317114523_de06b1e157_b.jpg

Haavent played it yet, but the art is so so pretty. Can't help thinking this can probably be a cool traditional jrpg, somethin like megaten series

Grinchy

Banned
I was shocked by how much I enjoyed the beta for this so I'm looking forward to checking out the full game soon. I don't know if I can see myself putting real money into it though.

Takao

Banned
Destiny Orbs are available for purchase on PlayStation Store.

That's messed up. I wanted Knack, but got some guard instead.

ReaperXL7

So I'm still figuring this game out a bit, but if anyone wants to add me feel free ID is ReaperXL7, and I'm in North America. ATM it does not seem like anyone on my friends list is playing this just yet.

My first rare summon

Do we know if your luck effects what you get from the spirit gotcha?

Novocaine

Glad they are doing something about the load times, they were atrocious during the beta. I kind of got bored of the repetitiveness after a few days with the game but I'll install it anyway just for funsies.

ReaperXL7

Glad they are doing something about the load times, they were atrocious during the beta. I kind of got bored of the repetitiveness after a few days with the game but I'll install it anyway just for funsies.

Sadly I have a weakness for games like this, I guess it does not help that Sony does not any equivalents to Pokemon but I have gotten a lot of mileage out of games like this/Brave Frontier/Tower of Saviors.

I hope they do God of War for the theme Summon at some point.

Downloaded the game today and I'm really enjoying it. I just find merging of spirits quite daunting as I don't know which spirit to keep and which ones to use as an enhancer. Aside from that, it's a really good F2P game. Makes me wish that there's a full-priced version without microtransactions.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
If this was on my phone, I'd play it. As it is, I don't always have my vita with me so....

Puru

At least it doesn't feel i'll have to pay anything for this game, can play alot before having to wait for most of the spirits to regen their health.

Game could use more depth during fights imo though. Also not a fan of the boss dying equals victory, should have to kill the mobs too.

Is getting an S or SR summon completely random? Is it recommended to use up all your summoning stones to get really good ones? How do you know which spirits to keep and which ones you would use as enhancers?

Sadly I have a weakness for games like this, I guess it does not help that Sony does not any equivalents to Pokemon but I have gotten a lot of mileage out of games like this/Brave Frontier/Tower of Saviors.

I really think they should have. Collecting characters is fcking addictive.
Pokemon, Skylanders, the disney game I forgot the name of...

A while back I thought Folklore could be it, but the franchise was killed.
The Eye of judgment could do it too, but it was killed.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I really think they should have. Collecting characters is fcking addictive.
Pokemon, Skylanders, the disney game I forgot the name of...

A while back I thought Folklore could be it, but the franchise was killed.
The Eye of judgment could do it too, but it was killed.

Is Invizimals like that?
Haven't played that series myself, but I always though it was basically Sony's Pokemon.

swnny

Ahh, I really enjoyed the beta. Got all exited yesterday, because I tought it would release on the 25th, now, 16:30 UK time, still can't find it on the store. :(

Finally got an SR spirit via Hunt. Woohoo! I got the Black Tortoise as seen below.

ZhmHLqM.jpg

Now this makes me wonder if the summons we get via Hunts are actually based on our physical location than the location indicated on our PSN accounts. I am in the Philippines (Asia) but my PSN account is US. When I started the game, it automatically assigned America on my profile and I'm sure it's because I'm using a US PSN account. But when I got an SR spirit via Hunt, I got one from Chinese mythology.

I guess this means I'll be getting Asian spirits even if I'm using a US PSN account. If so, that'll be really neat. I have more US friends on DoS so hopefully I'll be able to get more Asian SR spirits and have them for trade.

Akuosa

Finally got an SR spirit via Hunt. Woohoo! I got the Black Tortoise as seen below.

Now this makes me wonder if the summons we get via Hunts are actually based on our physical location than the location indicated on our PSN accounts. I am in the Philippines (Asia) but my PSN account is US. When I started the game, it automatically assigned America on my profile and I'm sure it's because I'm using a US PSN account. But when I got an SR spirit via Hunt, I got one from Chinese mythology.

I guess this means I'll be getting Asian spirits even if I'm using a US PSN account. If so, that'll be really neat. I have more US friends on DoS so hopefully I'll be able to get more Asian SR spirits and have them for trade.
The spirits you get via hunt deppend on where you are in the game map. I'm european, and in the beta I went all te way to south america in the globe, and got american spirits when I got one from battles there. If you're having battles over asia in the game map, you'll get asian spirits, regardless of you PSN account.

The spirits you get via hunt deppend on where you are in the game map. I'm european, and in the beta I went all te way to south america in the globe, and got american spirits when I got one from battles there. If you're having battles over asia in the game map, you'll get asian spirits, regardless of you PSN account.

I haven't played yet on the Asian map. I was actually around the US East Coast part of the game map when I did the Hunt and unlocked Black Tortoise.

Takao

Banned
I can't comment on the creatures you discover via the hunt because I got this guy:

13429286345_377a917209_o.jpg

Do Spirits level up automatically, or do I have to initiate that? All of my Spirits are at the same level as their capture, and apparently they have 0 EXP despite having won a few battles ...

Top Bottom