• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

baekshi

Banned
Who did you get? I got Wood Knack.

That sucks dude. I summoned Ice Knack. He's been making every battle really easy.

I would love to see these and if possible;

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ca48qqIu4UaSm4gjcuezfSVR-rfzatiHV4xddLvWAdM/viewform

And here's what I got, its not a Knack also...lol
13433264525_8b470ab8a0_o.jpg

Ventara

Ice Knack!
oUooCDf.jpg

Damn, that looks sick! I got some lame-o that's a wood type. Speaking of wood, isn't it weird that wood is not weak to fire?

Anyways, the game is pretty addicting. Combat is simple yet satisfying, and it has the whole collection thing going. I'm gonna try not to buy any Destiny Orbs, but I have a weak will, so we'll see.

And is the server under maintenance for everyone? I can't log-in to the game to play because of it. Which is pretty lame. I mean, I understand some parts definitely need access to the internet to function, but I would've hoped that using your spirits in a few battles would be possible offline. I guess I won't be playing this game on my commute.

This isn't Ingress ;D

But with the API for that being released next year, I wonder if location based mobile gaming is about to get more popular.

As it stands, this game makes international travel with my Vita more interesting than just "watch my near miles go up".

Too bad the game wasn't out when I went to Singapore and Dubai last year. Might as well plan another vacation. LOL

Trying to make a database of Spirits and can't be done without your help~

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ca48qqIu4UaSm4gjcuezfSVR-rfzatiHV4xddLvWAdM/viewform

edit:

Here's the spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnLIxF_MSpHFdDRXU1JncFRCQzltRzZUMjJOellFZ2c#gid=0

CTRL + F to find if the Spirit already been submitted.

Thanks

Thanks for starting this. I'll contribute when I can. I wish the game would be successful enough to convince Sony in making a full version without microtransactions and with complete spirit compendium. The art alone makes me want to keep summoning/hunting.

Aww I did the Knack summon and got some lame-o who isn't Knack. :(

I could totally relate. I did too...

Ice Knack!
oUooCDf.jpg

And seeing this didn't help. Hahaha!

Yui

Added my name to the list. (EU)

I really need some of those cute asian spirits. The EU ones are kinda boring so far. ^^"

Ventara

So the game will be back online in 10 minutes? Cool.

Edit:It's still under maintenance. What gives? I guess I'll just go play some Deception for now.

Added my name to the list. (EU)

I really need some of those cute asian spirits. The EU ones are kinda boring so far. ^^"

I sent you a friend request (I assume you need to be friends to trade, or is there a way to add in-game and trade?). I also sent one to the only guy in the Asian region currently.

Anyways, I'll try to contribute to the database once I get back on later.

Ventara

I think login bonuses each day are random, and you get another bonus for doing in a row.

13438213955_802691f5f6_b.jpg

Thanks for posting that. So, using the bonuses in the image as an example (since it says it changes every month), I should not login after the 5th day and start over to get the most of Destiny Orbs. Or can I not claim a certain bonus multiple times? Like, is it just 10 login bonuses in a month max, or can I just keep getting the first 5 bonuses if I so choose?

Edit: Still under maintenance. I'll check back at 11. Why do I want to play this game so bad all of a sudden? It's like the Forbidden Fruit, lol.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Well, I started out the game yesterday, and instantly got BAD luck. WOHOO!

I went through much of that late day not really leveling up, fighting small skirmishes, and trying to figure out systems.

Even when I awoke today, it was still in the same BAD LUCK, bah. However I did get the chance to link with a player and spawn a shared monster
( Semi Real life Conception II?!?)
. That was nice. I started to understand the game more, and started to level up monsters. Over the day, I even got my starter Gargoyle to max lvl 10!

So, it comes around to 8~9 EDT tonight, and I'm notified my luck has changed. GREAT BLESSING!

I get my first Daily bonus. 3 players used my monster over the day, so got a stone bonus from that. And I get to link with other players again, and I get a decent beast. Since the day just switched over... suddenly, I was getting "Gifts" from players sharing in the new day monster spawn stuff with me. Probably got like 10+ monsters from all this, making it a very nice free way to get spirits and level up.

After rolling from some of those Summon stones earned, I even got a Wakan Tanka (Rare) out of a regular 300 summon stone roll. I was happy to see you could get Rare-level summons without Destiny Orbs, even if it's a slim chance.

The art's pretty in this game, and I like the fact there's some strategy with much of the skill usage. I'll always wish we could have some real animated characters with game like this; to me, this would be the separation between feeling like a "Phone" game, and a "Real" game, but it's not the worse thing in the world.

Funny to watch how the Asian server monsters are full of all these pretty young ladies, European Spirits have a nice range of enchanting (Faries) and more beastly, and then the Americas are full of Zombies, Lizards, Swamp monsters, and the occasional awesome Aztec / Inuit spirit. Every time I get some cool looking Aztec or something, I'm bummed when they're just "Common" ranks, lol.

I'm liking this more than I expected to. It is pretty fun, and I also like how it tells the artist that drew the rarer cards. Props for lots of cool beast / spirit designs.

Shoyz

Fill your friends list with nothing but Asia players and wait/offer for trades.

I wish I could remember what I saw in this back in beta. At least the old energy meter allowed you to farm for points during off-time, but my gameplay currently consists of doing a couple of rounds then turning my vita off for hours since my spirits are dead, might as well be playing a Facebook game.

Still confused on fusing two of the same monster for bonus stats. Does this mean you're permanently gimping your monster unless you fuse /nothing/ but the same monster into it?

This sounds like an excellent excuse for another vacation!

Must be part of their masterplan to get gamers out of their couches and homes. Not that I'd go on vacation just to play this. Haha! I do need to take a few days off so I might as well plan something. This is just a reminder that I should bring my Vita along. Unlimited data plan FTW!

In case people don't know yet, you can get destiny orbs from login bonuses (I saw 2 of them that gave 10)

I think login bonuses each day are random, and you get another bonus for doing in a row.

13438213955_802691f5f6_b.jpg

I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip!

Servers are still down...I hope they did not put Grace Chen incharge of this thing.

Okay, this made me LOL.

Edit: Still under maintenance. I'll check back at 11. Why do I want to play this game so bad all of a sudden? It's like the Forbidden Fruit, lol.

Then the game has succeeded. LOL

I wish I lived in Japan, their spirits are much more moe than ours.

Is there a separate group of spirits exclusive to Japan, or are they the same that we get in the rest of Asia?

Ventara

the Asian server monsters are full of all these pretty young ladies

I wish I lived in Japan, their spirits are much more moe than ours.

What's this?! Pretty, young, moe spirits?!!! Why is there only 1 Asian guy on the list?!!!! Woe is me!

Is there a separate group of spirits exclusive to Japan, or are they the same that we get in the rest of Asia?

Don't know for sure, but I would assume Japan is grouped with the rest of Asia. There only seems to be 3 groups, with no way to identify country. It would make collecting a pain if there were Japan-exclusive spirits.

And dammit, servers are still down

B.O.O.M

Damn..those Knack summon stats are nice. I didn't use any orbs on him tho. I'm pretty satisfied with the Rare summons I have now. Most of them are tree and fire elements. Got those three aliens looking one too lol

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Keep in mind that when a person does the daily Spirit-linking thing with you, they seem to generate a creature from their region, that gets shared with you. So that should be a good way to get beast that are from different regions.

Of course, wouldn't you know the first Japanese beast I get is... basically a cotton ball. (-_- ) (-_-) ( -_-)

China's spirits easily call out to my Dynasty Warriors Fandom... I had to tilt my head when I saw what looked like a Zombie Zhuge Liang with a skill that calls the Southern Winds. Of course, Wakan Tanka has an ability called "Dances with Wolves", soooo...

I just want a few Jiang Shi lookin' ladies, to continue the "Lei Lei is effective everywhere that isn't UMVC!" campaign.

Don't know for sure, but I would assume Japan is grouped with the rest of Asia. There only seems to be 3 groups, with no way to identify country. It would make collecting a pain if there were Japan-exclusive spirits.

And dammit, servers are still down

Yeah, I'm also still waiting for the servers to go back up. Anyway, I just remembered a few folks from Japan who added me as a friend on the game and they're tagged as Asia too, so that means they don't have exclusive spirits. Yay!

B.O.O.M

Keep in mind that when a person does the daily Spirit-linking thing with you, they seem to generate a creature from their region, that gets shared with you. So that should be a good way to get beast that are from different regions.

Of course, wouldn't you know the first Japanese beast I get is... basically a cotton ball. (-_- ) (-_-) ( -_-)

China's spirits easily call out to my Dynasty Warriors Fandom... I had to tilt my head when I saw what looked like a Zombie Zhuge Liang with a skill that calls the Southern Winds. Of course, Wakan Tanka has an ability called "Dances with Wolves", soooo...

I just want a few Jiang Shi lookin' ladies, to continue the "Lei Lei is effective everywhere that isn't UMVC!" campaign.

haha was it a Moe cotton ball at least? :p

When I did the spirit linked summon thing, I got some bruce lee looking fella. Not a bad summon at all tbh

Jomjom

Banned
I feel like the game should give me the Asian spirits because I'm Asian. I'm just not living in Asia. Any people living in Asia wanna be my BFF?

Grinchy

Banned
I just looked at the prices for the orbs and they are kinda expensive. And they are sold in crappy increments that lead to a lot of situations where you have some left over but not enough to summon another advanced spirit.

I'm on the AU store.

I see. I hope we'd be bale to get the same thing on the US Store. I do hope you'd get to claim it though. Any luck yet?

I just looked at the prices for the orbs and they are kinda expensive. And they are sold in crappy increments that lead to a lot of situations where you have some left over but not enough to summon another advanced spirit.

Yeah, they really are quite expensive. And maybe that's a good thing. It sure stops me from buying them. Haha!

Novocaine

I see. I hope we'd be bale to get the same thing on the US Store. I do hope you'd get to claim it though. Any luck yet?

No luck yet. Tried through the web store on PC and mobile and it gives errors. Also the Vita in game store won't even let you add to cart.

I don't think it's meant to be free. I mean if it is can't you just buy dozens of them and break the game?

I was thinking of that. Did it allow you to put several amount of that item on the cart? If so, they probably discovered that loophole and are finding away to enable PS+ users to get it but only once. Keep us updated!

@baekshi:
I tried to add Black Tortoise on your spreadsheet but for some reason there was an error upon submitting. Can you correct the Obtain information for this spirit? Instead of just "13", it should say "Hunt (+13, +2)". Somehow the form would not allow me to submit the entry until I changed the Obtain entry into a number. Thanks!

Top Bottom