• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

realcZk

The rate of fire never changed personally. The stability increase is what makes rate of fire feel faster and simultaneously making the stability perk redundant. Now instead of realigning your shots with the old kickback, you can nudge the crosshair like a Fatebringer. I definitely think it's OP now for PvP.

Man I'm pretty sure they increased RoF. This thing fires super fast now. Didn't the notes say increased RoF too? Either way, the bar seems bigger. The fact that they increased stability is hilarious too, the gun is too good.

Ghazi

bungie pls

PkhB5rO.jpg

What activity were you doing?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Anyone needing to complete the Xyor portion of the Thorn bounty on Xbox one? I still need it, unless anyone just wants to help me lol.

GT-purg3

Geneijin

Man I'm pretty sure they increased RoF. This thing fires super fast now. Didn't the notes say increased RoF too? Either way, the bar seems bigger. The fact that they increased stability is hilarious too, the gun is too good.
Nope. Absolutely sure they never touched the rate of fire. The stability and better weapon handing are what make the Thorn feel faster to shoot. The kickback is no more, so you have faster firing.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
After I finish maxing my Vex, should I focus on hard light or Monte Carlo?
whichever you prefer. they're both better, but you definitely need to use them differently than something like suros.

i'm happy to say that every gun I thought needed help got some, and the only disappointment for me is that pocket infinity seems really wonked up. just a bug, but sucks. I don't think plan c needed a buff, and fusions could see a range reduction for oneshots across the board, but all in all it's good stuff. you definitely need to watch out for thorn now, which does change the feel of things a little bit.

coy

I may have missed this but to anyone that has dismantled a fully leveled (xp) exotic weapon, did you receive additional exotic shards similar to receiving additional energies for a fully leveled weapon? Also, for anyone that had dupes to test, do the exotic bounty weapons give exotic shards? I'll start selecting SGA if that is the case instead of dismissing them.

E92 M3

Another fix from the patch that the majority won't notice: The raid gloves perks are working again. It was a bit annoying that I had to reload special weapons slower after the last patch.

whichever you prefer. they're both better, but you definitely need to use them differently than something like suros.

i'm happy to say that every gun I thought needed help got some, and the only disappointment for me is that pocket infinity seems really wonked up. just a bug, but sucks. I don't think plan c needed a buff, and fusions could see a range reduction for oneshots across the board, but all in all it's good stuff. you definitely need to watch out for thorn now, which does change the feel of things a little bit.

i hope next patch reduces fusion rifle range across the board. with that change and a tweak to heavy machine gun ammo drops, i think the sandbox will finally be "balanced".

realcZk

Nope. Absolutely sure they never touched the rate of fire. The stability and better weapon handing are what make the Thorn feel faster to shoot. The kickback is no more, so you have faster firing.

You're right, dunno why I thought they said they did in the notes - just checked. Wow, what a difference it makes.

Geneijin

You're right, dunno why I thought they said they did in the notes - just checked. Wow, what a difference it makes.
Yah, I thought the same thing originally, and if I never rocked the Thorn during Iron Banner, I wouldn't have noticed as quickly as I did.

Hawkmoon users beware now!

E92 M3

i hope next patch reduces fusion rifle range across the board. with that change and a tweak to heavy machine gun ammo drops, i think the sandbox will finally be "balanced".

Only in PVP of course. I don't want to see any nerfs in PVE; that should be the playground of craziness.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Things I hope to get this week.

Vex Mythoclast
Vision of Confluence
Fatebringer
Hunter Raid Gloves and Chest
Hezen Vengeance
Hawkmoon
Aspect of Glass
Bittersteel
Suros Regime
Icebreaker
Praedyth's Revenge
Praetorian Foil

Pretty much a huge chunk of the raid weapons. Once I get even 2/3 of that list I'll be happy.

Strider

There are honestly people that hate this patch because they feel the "work" they put in meant nothing since other players can catch up to them upgrade wise.

I just... I can't...

realcZk

An easy fix they could do is remove accelerated coils...

Well, that would definitely buy us some more valuable time to counter fusion rifles out in the open. I still want a range nerf personally but the fast charge rates are what trivialize a lot of the timing and planning one should have when getting a FR kill.

NastyBook

There are honestly people that hate this patch because they feel the "work" they put in meant nothing since other players can catch up to them upgrade wise.

I just... I can't...
Let em cry. I personally don't mind the grind, but if I go full time next year (here's hoping), anything to make playing the game easier is fine by me.

PigzFly

Took a trip to the Tower to see if anyone would help finish my Thorn bounty. Wasn't expecting much, but the first guy I sent a message to decided to help! Now I'm the proud owner of the Thorn. It's beautiful :')

realcZk

Took a trip to the Tower to see if anyone would help finish my Thorn bounty. Wasn't expecting much, but the first guy I sent a message to decided to help! Now I'm the proud owner of the Thorn. It's beautiful :')

Awesome! Enjoy it man, its one of the top tier handcannons in the game, period.

EDIT: dude, what a baller avatar...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Must be a coincidence that a lot of people have gotten the Thorn missive lately and next thing you know it got buffed. I ran into it twice again but I'm going to subject myself to doing all that again.

realcZk

Omg, seriously, omg. The journey is over. Here I am in a Clash match, tearing it up with Thorn and the Hand Cannon gods decided it was time for a post match drop of.......

B302fDZIUAA_SZB.jpg

EL CUCO

Holy crap so many Thorn posts coming out of the woodwork. Lol

On another note, just used the Vex in PVP for the first time post buff. It's a very good weapon. Put it on someone's head and it's going to melt them down fast.

Really REALLY liking these changes. The best nerf is a good buff, Bungie. Hope you learned that already and dont listen to the cry babies.

NastyBook

I'm all about that Thorn but Monte Carlo is a good time in Crucible now.
Has the Monte Carlo gotten that much better now? Will probably take it into Crucible tonight. Glad I stuck by that badboy. Now all I have to do is get accustomed to less recoil now. :DDD

I spent 3 hours on it tonight and ended up back at 0. I am hopeless.

What were you playing? I'm a relatively poor PvP, but I think I do better kill wise in control or team modes. Helps if you're with someone so you can stay together. I'm on this part too, put it off for months.

Korten

Banned
Just did weekly level 28, nightfall, and normal raid in just a little over 2 hours. Wow.

Sadly no feet armor during the run, level 30 still eludes me.

90 or so hours later I discover that you can get ascendant materials from Daily Story missions level 26+. Wow this makes things so much better. I though I had to grind out public events and the raid over and over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom