• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally completed a raid. lol Got Vision of Confluence on my first try, is that common?

Yeah, probably'll be doing normal raids till I get that chest piece then I hit max.

I really hope the weekly update clarifies how our current gear and weapons will upgrade and transfer over into The Dark Below. Along with a release time.
For sure. I'm hesitating investing anymore time or materials upgrading what I have now. Why spend shards on a raid chest when I may be able to buy a better one next week?

Not to mention, I'm not likely to hit 30 with one more raid between now and then.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hey Hawk, I notice your in clan TGAF. What's TGAF, and is it very active? Haven't had any clan activity in DGAF NA WEST forever...

Cheers,

Nicko
TGAF is one of the many Achievement clans that GAF made. It's open to the public, so it makes joining pretty easy.

I'm seriously ready to pay someone to do this Thorn Crucible bounty. Was at it for 3 hours and I'm back to 0.

I'm pulling my hair out. Ugh.

Any elite PvP players able to help me out? I don't even know how that would even help.

Hmmm. What guns are you using?

I am a mediocre PvP player and I didn't seem to have much trouble. Was using a rare void fusion rifle and Truth. Play control. Stick near one capture point and the heavy ammo spawn. Be conservative. Don't Rambo. Or stick behind teammates. Iunno.

Even if you only kill like 4 dudes with rockets per round, just dont die and you'll be OK.

Now the Xyor part...i've tried to solo it and that shit is rough.

void666

Banned
Thorn can poison phalanxes through their shields...
Also bullets pierce straight through enemies.
Thorn might become my favorite pve HC.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm seriously ready to pay someone to do this Thorn Crucible bounty. Was at it for 3 hours and I'm back to 0.

Any elite PvP players able to help me out? I don't even know how that would even help.

500 Void Points giving you problem?

Slot everything Void into all slots

Atheon's Epilogue as Primary
Fusion Rifle or Shotty Here, best for me was the Hide Seek-42 Shotty, FR can go 77 Wizard or your best Void FR available
Heavy either Truth or Corrective Measure, Truth if you want 4+ lock-on kills, Corrective if you want to mow down groups and get headshots in the process

If you are Warlock Voidwalker is OP, Nova Bombs and Vortex Grnades galore
Titan, Defender, yes Defender cause it's Void, your grenade does Void Damage!, Spike Grenade can really help you out here, lob grenade(s) while other team is grabbing a flag, lob 2 (if you have armamaterium on), get kills
Hunter, Shit outta luck till it gets Void Sub-Class

Don't rush
You will die in PvP, what you want to do is try to see how the team flanks, if they repeat same formation over and over you can camp an area and keep picking them off
Remember where the Heavy ammo spawns, it's essential to knocking this part out faster
Stay with someone, better odds of surviving
Only Lone Wolf it if you think you can use your arsenal all by yourself

EL CUCO

I was maxing out Timurs Lash (only have the last 3 attack upgrades left) but now after experiencing the new Thorn, I kinda dont feel like maxing it anymore :/

I just want to roll with Thorn/Fatebringer as my HC.

Tell me about it. I grinded a whole bunch of Tigers just now while trying out the new weapons so I could experience the new generosity of the gracious Cryptarch only to get SLAAAAAPED! ]

I wish I had more hands, so I could give the Cryptarch 4 thumbs down!

Could you have somebody use Share Play to play your character? Does that even work?

Rubenov

Been traveling for two days, so I've missed about 25 pages of thread stuff. Can someone please do a quick summary? I heard there was a patch? Suros nerf? Marks for mats what?

PS4 at HM Gatekeepers. Looking for 4 more!

29/30 maxed weapons please! Let's make this quick.

Message MrChowderClam

1) MrChowderClam
2) Tokems
3)
4)
5)
6)

Lima

Materials materials everywhere. I swear they upped the amount of nodes that spawn. Just doing the 6 Venus patrol missions netted me like 45 spirit bloom by just collecting what I saw while doing them. And you even get more after turning in the bounty. Good times.

Been traveling for two days, so I've missed about 25 pages of thread stuff. Can someone please do a quick summary? I heard there was a patch? Suros nerf? Marks for mats what?

http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12433

-exotics under the christmas tree
  • thorn is reborn
  • bad juju is good juju
  • suros has an identity crisis
  • red death more aggressive
  • super better advice
  • truth too much too handle
  • hard light and monte carlo clawing their way from the grave
  • vex mythoclast travels back through time
  • plan C is now plan OP
  • pocket infinity somehow buffed/nerfed
-farm shut down due to health hazards; guardians buying mats instead
-templar is lactose intolerant
-xur no longer disappointing
-cryptarch still a bastard
-and zoba got buffed

PigzFly

This patch has inspired me to come back to Destiny. Would any of you fine people like to assist me in taking down Xyor to get the last part of my Thorn bounty please? Unfortunately I don't have my headset/mic right now, but it's basically just the summoning pits with an alternate end boss.

Materials materials everywhere. I swear they upped the amount of nodes that spawn. Just doing the 6 Venus patrol missions netted me like 45 spirit bloom by just collecting what I saw while doing them. And you even get more after turning in the bounty. Good times.

Massive improvement over a pointless busywork mechanic. Loving it.

Anyone notice that if you land a flip or roll on the gift sparrow it recharges the boost instantly? Awesome.

wjANVCD.jpg

Rubenov

http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12433

-exotics under the christmas tree; buffs everywhere
  • thorn is reborn
  • bad juju is good juju
  • suros has an identity crisis
  • hard light and monte carlo crawling out from under the dead
  • vex mythoclast travels back through time
  • plan C OP
  • pocket infinity accidentally nerfed

-farm shut down due to health hazards; guardians buying mats instead
-xur no longer disappointing
-cryptarch still a bastard

Wow this is huge, thanks.

:O

Lima

wait so what really happened to pocket infinity? someone said the charge time disappeared and another person said it was bugged

The charge time is pretty much gone once you reload but each shot only does 75 damage in the crucible. Really hard to kill people with it when it bugs out.

Lima

Hot damn it's great that i could finally upgrade some stuff that I set back but these upgrades are expensive yo. Now instead of farming materials I gotta farm some glimmer. There is always a catch.

spyder_ur

Umm I have no Glimmer. I demand a marks-for-glimmer transaction system right now!

Interesting results from public events today. First one on my Hunter - Mote of Light. Switch to my Titan and do one - Mote of Light. Stay on the same character and do another to finish a bounty - Strange Coin, Ascendant Shard and Ascendant Energy! No packages at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom