• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow... that buff to mida that makes its shots stagger is really damn good... axis minotaurs get stun locked and can't even shoot you...

The stagger also sets up enemies for a headshot kill. Once to the body to stagger, then collect your aim and finish them off with a headshot.

I love it.

EL CUCO

Just finished a match that had 3 other Thorns, including mine. Had to show these Thorn noobs what time it was B)

I hope Bungie makes a HC only mode one day.

So does anyone else's Truth have a magazine of 2? I could have sworn the update was supposed to make it 3.

Update: the magazine is definitely 3, but it is still listed as 2.

Thank da lord they didn't touch TLW, it's replaced Suros for me. I'm happy for the Thorn buff tho, I might actually get around to upgrading it now and seeing what the fuss is about.

THAT MAT FARMING UPDATE. Thank you Bungie, spending hours doing fucking patrol was not fun.

Shame XBL seems to be experiencing issues otherwise I'd hop on right now.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Oh, there we go. Under the materials button that I never look at anymore.

Does dead orbit require a crucible commendation? I know I had purchased one of their helmets before I hit crucible rank 3. Can you obtain those from going over rank 3 in a faction???

coy

Oh, there we go. Under the materials button that I never look at anymore.

Does dead orbit require a crucible commendation? I know I had purchased one of their helmets before I hit crucible rank 3. Can you obtain those from going over rank 3 in a faction???

Armor can be purchased at rank 2. And yes, you get rewarded for leveling up a faction which may be a weapon, armor or class item even.

What's this stuff about the factions and commendations?

Did they change how they work? I think I would prefer a new system than the way too grindy one in place now...

realcZk

The stagger also sets up enemies for a headshot kill. Once to the body to stagger, then collect your aim and finish them off with a headshot.

I love it.

It's a pretty significant buff if you ask me. We had a couple on the archon preist strike and had him pretty much stun locked the entire battle. Seems like every 3/4th shot would do it depending on when the last stun was and if it was reset.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
plan c is pretty out of control on rumble, but now so is thorn, and honestly a bunch of others, lol. pocket infinity is the only thing i'd say that was viable now and isn't before in crucible, and a bunch were added

coy

After I finish maxing my Vex, should I focus on hard light or Monte Carlo?

I love that this is a legit question lol. We are in a new age.

Besides me I haven't seen another Thorn yet in the six games I've played tonight. People treat HCs like the plague in this game.

I am seeing more now after almost a dozen games. Also, I am getting familiar with Plan C now but from the wrong end.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Armor can be purchased at rank 2. And yes, you get rewarded for leveling up a faction which may be a weapon, armor or class item even.

Yes Yes I know that.
Let me explain;

On the Ps4 I went through about 16+ levels on Dead Orbit, but only 2 on Crucible. I don't remember ever being prompted with needing a "crucible commendation" to purchase any armor. This is why I'm confused.

A_Gorilla

Banned
So for PVE is Pocket Infinity nerfed or buffed? We got extended mag back and after a reload there is zero charge time but does shot now do a lot less damage? I'm speaking for PvE only since I don't care for PvP outside of Iron Banner.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
It would have been a better idea to max out exotics before this patch. Now I need an exotic shard for my Suros but I want to save them for the DLC weapons. Meh.

Deku Tree

I leveled up lots of times and I've never gotten an armor as a reward. Is it really possible to get armor as a reward?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I dub thee
Notbad.jpg
juju

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So for PVE is Pocket Infinity nerfed or buffed? We got extended mag back and after a reload there is zero charge time but does shot now do a lot less damage? I'm speaking for PvE only since I don't care for PvP outside of Iron Banner.
nerfed, but more accurately bugged. The functionality is inexplicable:

After the first large charge time and big blast with 2 (or more with infinity effect) follow up shots, the next and further ones down your reserve ammo will have crazy fast, ridiculous charge time, like almost none. However, the blasts from this act like your 5th++ shot from the original pocket infinity, which had damage falloff with each successive blast.

So your first 3-shot is regular, but all further ones do way less damage. I haven't really tested but I don't think a full 3-shot even kills someone with full health in the crucible. It resets when you die, but obviously you don't want to be doing that.

milkham

Yes Yes I know that.
Let me explain;

On the Ps4 I went through about 16+ levels on Dead Orbit, but only 2 on Crucible. I don't remember ever being prompted with needing a "crucible commendation" to purchase any armor. This is why I'm confused.

i'm looking at the FWC helmets right now all it says i need is fwc rank 2 and 120 marks

I'm so pissed. Turning in an Engram only gives you 93 cryptarch "rep" now. before that it was 187. With Nightfall bonus active that is. So DOUBLE the amount of Engrams for basically the same shit makes me maddddd

It's not like you were getting anything better before. At least now if we're to believe Bungie the chances of getting a legendary engram are higher. I don't even remember the last time I got a legendary from leveling my cryptarch. At this point I'll take it

realcZk

My weapon impressions post-patch:

Thorn
The best weapon in existence, ever. If you're a winner, you use Thorn. If you like winning, you will keep using Thorn. Crazy buff for sure. Now an absolute monster in PvP and the DoT damage is much stronger in PvE. Thorn is the only primary weapon in the game that can now one-shot lv1 Dregs in the feet with a 100% success rate. If that doesn't make you want to complete the bounty then I don't know what will. Seriously, if you're a handcannon fan you will definitely appreciate the utility Thorn brings to the table in all situations. I can't believe they buffed the rate of fire on this thing (** they reduced animation kickback and improved stability so you can get shots off faster, wasnt a ROF buff), I'm pretty sure it was already the fastest RoF HC in the game aside from TLW. I use the 3rd bullet option for the Thorn and Send it.

Monte Carlo
Wow, they really improved this gun, stability was a must because it has such a strange recoil. It tends to sway rather than recoil vertically which can make things a little difficult. The buff to the exotic perk is great, it now has a chance to reset your melee CD on kill. I saw it do so on average every 2-4 kills, never many more. Oftentimes it did it just after one kill. This was great for energy drain, flame shield, and force barrier on the titan with no backup plans. I tried it out a little in PvP but it's pretty weak, only dealing 20 damage to the head, so it takes some prolonged burst to get someone down. Definitely a strong PvE weapon for any AR lover who likes to punch stuff. I like using this with field scout (send it for pvp).

MIDA Multi-Tool
Well well well, what a surprise! The MIDA buff now lets the shots stagger targets, and boy do they ever! I was destroying Axis Minotaurs and they weren't even able to get a single shot in on me because they were stunlocked the entire time. A couple of these babies on tiger strike bosses and you can keep them in a stunlock the entire fight (phogath, archon priest). This is an extremely strong buff to an already solid scout rifle. I like using this with field scout now because of the prolonged stun potential.

Vex Mythoclast
This gun is always fun to use until it stops delivering, which is unfortunately fairly often if you don't keep your eyes peeled for primary ammo packs! I really enjoyed the damage buff this gun got and it absolutely shreds. I use the third bullet option and extended magazine. It now has 35 rounds in the clip and 175 in reserve, so thats 5 reloads before you're depleted. This gun also got a damage buff in PvP, I was now seeing 41 dmg headshots.

Bad Juju
This gun is actually pretty viable in many situations right now. One I could picture is defending yourself from the waves of thrall in the next raid. Reloading is something you wont have to worry about, and your super will always be ready to go. I was rocking send it with this gun because I don't think PB is needed. It has a kick but its sort of artificial like a handcannons as the sight always returns to the original position. This isn't a super strong weapon IMO because of the lack of damage output but definitely has some interesting use cases now, and its certainly a weapon you'll now want to start considering when deciding on an arsenal. I think this gun has a lot more potential that I don't quite realize yet.

Red Death
I've always liked this gun and the changes are good. I appreciate the faster RoF but the decreased damage shows. Overall I think it does more DPS because of the faster RoF, so I think it's a solid improvement to an otherwise excellent pulse rifle.

Pocket Infinity
lol

purg3

slept with Malkin
I just hit crucible rank 2 and have 120 marks. Should I buy a piece of armor?

depends on what level you are and if you actually need it. I would wait honestly to see what new gear the vendors have when the expansion launches next week.

Geneijin

My weapon impressions post-patch:

Thorn
The best weapon in existence, ever. If you're a winner, you use Thorn. If you like winning, you will keep using Thorn. Crazy buff for sure. Now an absolute monster in PvP and the DoT damage is much stronger in PvE. Thorn is the only primary weapon in the game that can now one-shot lv1 Dregs in the feet with a 100% success rate. If that doesn't make you want to complete the bounty then I don't know what will. Seriously, if you're a handcannon fan you will definitely appreciate the utility Thorn brings to the table in all situations. I can't believe the buffed the rate of fire on this thing, I'm pretty sure it was already the fastest RoF HC in the game aside from TLW. I use the 3rd bullet option for the Thorn and Send it.
The rate of fire never changed personally. The stability increase is what makes rate of fire feel faster and simultaneously making the stability perk redundant. Now instead of realigning your shots with the old kickback, you can nudge the crosshair like a Fatebringer. I definitely think it's OP now for PvP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom