• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I returned today for the expansion and boy is it terrible. The story content is an absolute joke and I can't see myself going through the grind again to play this raid. Competitive maps can I to help, because that is he worst part of the game. Absolutely terrible value and I should have just bought the standard game without the season pass. I think I can now safely delete Destiny off my HDD and won't even bother with the second expansion.

Ok, it isn't for you. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Please go ahead and learn your lesson from this and not foolishly buy expansion packs at launch.

That was really fun guys. We basically got the chests for everyones alternates. Its like an insane survival mode that first area.

Would love to try the full thing if anyone would have a level 29 later.

Born2Live

Badger CCL dropped for me on Nightfall. Perks are Final Round, Explosive Rounds, and Rangefinder. Seems like a decent set of perks, what do you guys think? May upgrade and use in place of VOC due to the upgraded damage output.

exYle

I'm doing this Extermination thing with squall, but in a little bit if you're still looking i'd be down!

Damn, gotta throw up the OT12... shit.

I don't really remember a clear victor for titles. Please to give suggestions now.

Destiny |OT12| We've awoken the grind!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The horn is the most godsend weapon in the game. Thanks to it I wouldn't have done the story missions on hard.

Anybody want to do nightfall? Should I use the Horn or my thunderlord during this?

Did the first and some of the second part of the raid with a group of randoms. Bad idea, but I still had a blast going through it blind.
Because of the (frustratingly) less capable group it was extra rewarding when we finally made it. One self-revived survivor ran over the final bridge in the first part, screaming at the top of his lungs while running into the next section. What a glorious moment.

realcZk

No Land Beyond is undoubtedly the worst exotic I've ever had the privilege of using in Destiny. not sure how that one shipped... 6 rounds in clip 6 in reserve, one shot every 3.5 sec, doesn't even one shot a regular knight in crit. No thanks lol

No Land Beyond is undoubtedly the worst exotic I've ever had the privilege of using in Destiny. not sure how that one shipped... 6 rounds in clip 6 in reserve, one shot every 3.5 sec, doesn't even one shot a regular knight in crit. No thanks lol

Wait for Exotic Balance patch next February and it will be dope.

Maybe the master perk kicks it into overdrive.

The Raid is pretty rough but its only bad because:

1 - We are are underleveled. Some people going in at 29 are severely handicapped.
2 - Most of our guns are maxing at 300 (lvl 30) damage.

Once most people over come these obstacles they will have a lot less trouble.

My team got all the way to
Crota
in about 4 hours.

Klyka

Banned
Anyone can tell me what's the best way to get ascendant shards now?

Also I take it radiant energy and shards exist to upgrade 30+ lvl items?

R0ckman

Had trouble at the bridge... Was there for most of the day brought in Ghorn, the rest was history. Love this damn thing! They should change the name to Raid Eater.

Nice that you don't have to deploy dinklebot all of the time, just go to an area and stuff starts to happen. Don't like all of the reused play areas. Would have been nice if they stuck to the original (during the beta) plan that you could take on the bouncer mobs to access those areas when under leveled for better loot. The first quest part doesn't even use a new room for the boss.

Homeboyd

Crossposting from gamingside:

SMH after reading/posting in this thread, 3 of my good friends (somewhat casual gamers) bought the expansion earlier today and just told me to get it...

What do gaf.. Take a stand? or be the odd man out? I'm torn. Wait till it gets cheaper? =/

Is it worth it Destiny-GAF? Any good deals on the expansions or something atleast?
Luke put an actual restriction on my account so that I couldn't get any decent RNG drops and I still bought it... I say go for it, but obviously I'm fucked in the head.

I'd say I'm kidding but I'm actually not sure if I am.

border

Is there any trick to getting to solo-able raid chest to spawn? I've died easily 15 times and still it never shows up. Is it possible the Bungir patched out the chest server-side?

Is there any trick to getting to solo-able raid chest to spawn? I've died easily 15 times and still it never shows up. Is it possible the Bungir patched out the chest server-side?

I just did this on my 3 characters. I didn't have to die 15 times, but it did take a few tries.

blackjaw

I did it 30 min ago, just took dying a lot to get it in the first room to the left. Got two ass shard...typical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom