• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

The raid keeps giving same crappy rewards. Yesterday the hard raid didn't give one exclusive rewards. Instead iracles gave 2 chests and then templar another FV plus shards. Fatebringer is elusive. I noticed I only get weapons I don't want lol. When I got the Vex, I didn't care one bit for it.

Maledict

Bungie seems to rate helms highly in general, they cost more than the other 3 pieces of gear (120 points?) and I'm not seeing anything to suggest why that is the case.

It's a very traditional MMO approach - in other games with more armour slots, it's the head, chest and legs that have the highest value and are hardest to get. Generally because they have higher stats and are the most 'visible' piece of your armour set.

It's clearly meant to be a prestige thing in destiny, but Xur selling exotic helmets completely short circuits that, and the way you level up just makes it a really dumb approach overall as you are locked out of one slot to get to the max level you want to be for doing the content that gives you that slot...

It's another one of those things (like some form of tokens for raiding) that I hope they address in the expansion, but dread that they won't.

CaptDjob

Neo Member
Any tips for Void damage on Crucible?

Play control. Equip all void weapons (particularily void heavy machine gun). And if you have any void nades, equip them. Try not to be in front line first in control areas, just take it a bit more safe than usual.
Wait for that heavy ammo and be there when it appears. Go there early enough. When on heavy ammo, try again not to charge with your machine gun but try to stay alive as long as you have ammo. Its so op that its mindless.
With this type of play you should get avg 50/game easily.

Ikkarus

Done the Hard Raid yesterday. Completed it within 45 mins. Best haul for me as well:

Fatebringer
Hunter Helm
Hunter Arms
Rest was Shards & Energy

I can finally reach the 30s club now! Just got to level the helm up.

Play control. Equip all void weapons (particularily void heavy machine gun). And if you have any void nades, equip them. Try not to be in front line first in control areas, just take it a bit more safe than usual.
Wait for that heavy ammo and be there when it appears. Go there early enough. When on heavy ammo, try again not to charge with your machine gun but try to stay alive as long as you have ammo. Its so op that its mindless.

Thanks. I guess I'm playing it wrong, just running and gunning. I need to hold back, which isn't my normal play style. Patience is key :(

Zakalwe

Banned
Has anyone got any striker pvp tips?

Ignored the subclass since launch, tying it now for the first time.

Shoulder charge is tricky, but I'm getting the hang of it (far too much fun when you get it right).

What are some good set ups/tactics?

Thank you, Dead Orbit.

10688423_984981494849256_4655642902898185290_o.jpg

Shoulder charge is tricky, but I'm getting the hang of it (far too much fun when you get it right).

Running tiger knee and if you miss -> fist of havoc, that shit always get me.

Carn82

Thanks, gonna try that. Can't wait for the day that that part of the bounty is finished ;/

Jinjo

I either go with melee/flashbang build with transfusion. Transfusion now activates on shoulder charge. Spec the immediate chance for melee cooldown too, but super energy on melee kill is nice too. I just use Inmost Light with this one, but I guess Insurmountable Skull would be a better one. Throw a flashbang and then storm into the room, shoulder charge the first one in there then use combination of melee and shotty to clean up the rest. Go for a fast-firing one like Invective or the crucible shotgun. Knowing the timing and reach of shoulder charge is key.

Or I go for lightning grenades, pulse charge on super and increased pulse/lightning duration. Wear Armamentarium and you can shut down two entries to an area this way. Great control build. I have more success with the latter, but really dig the in your face style of my flashbang/melee/shotgun build.

Karl2177

I get that the Destiny GAF community is active, but Halo's OT numbers are far larger than 21, and last Destiny thread there was literally a few pages where a few members posted instead of using a mic.

Carn82

Hmm, gonna spend some motes on a fancy cape. Cosmic Joke or Legend of the Six Coyotes? Kinda gravitating towards the latter.

Zakalwe

Banned
I either go with melee/flashbang build with transfusion. Transfusion now activates on shoulder charge. Spec the immediate chance for melee cooldown too, but super energy on melee kill is nice too. I just use Inmost Light with this one, but I guess Insurmountable Skull would be a better one. Throw a flashbang and then storm into the room, shoulder charge the first one in there then use combination of melee and shotty to clean up the rest. Go for a fast-firing one like Invective or the crucible shotgun.

Or I go for lightning grenades, pulse charge on super and increased pulse/lightning duration. Wear Armamentarium and you can shut down two entries to an area this way. Great control. I have more success with the latter, but really dig the in your face style of my flashbang/melee/shotgun build.

Thanks.

The first set up us pretty much what I'm using now except Armamentarium for dual grenades. Flitting between FR and shotgun, but I think shotguns suit it more.

Will switch to lightning for control.

How do you handle shoulder charge. I tend to walk until I see a blip then start the sprint.

Thank you, Dead Orbit.

10688423_984981494849256_4655642902898185290_o.jpg

100 points off my next package. It's going to be Revenant. 100%. No questions.

I get that the Destiny GAF community is active, but Halo's OT numbers are far larger than 21, and last Destiny thread there was literally a few pages where a few members posted instead of using a mic.

i'm sure that "chat" is a common thing in most online community game threads :D

and hey, Halo OT's still don't count as they cover several games! Let's compare numbers when we are playing Destiny 4!

Jinjo

And Halo threads aren't? Last time I checked there was still an AR vs BR vs DMR discussion going on.

Zakalwe

Banned
Did you read the new OP? It's a weak response IMO.

Biggest disappointment of the year catching up with the best console fps series of all time?

What a crazy world we live in.

-

Please will someone skirmish with me? This bounty with randoms is like forcing tiny slivers of glass in between my teeth and gargling vinegar.

3 nightfalls last night was a piece of cake. Partner had fatebringer to pop knight shields while I Atheon's Epilogue'd them down.

haul:

Voidfang Vestments (which I didn't have)
Ass Shards
Legendary Special Engram.... turned into Wizard 77

E92 M3

Lol - Halo as "a lot" going on. What was the point of your post though?

LOL at dat OT.

Ahh the smell of a new thread. I haven't been able to play for past few days because of school. The withdrawal is beginning to take over :S

Loomba

When the new raid is released, will we be able to VoG and The Dark Below and get loot from both once a week or just one?

void666

Banned
Nice ot.

Missing iron banner now. I hope they can improve the queen's event in a similar way.

Did normal raid twice yesterday. Got nothing but shards and energy.

Deku Tree

Let me ask you about the DLC Crucible maps. How are they going to decide who has access to them? If you are on a fire team with someone who doesn't have the DLC but you are the fire team leader and you do have the DLC can you play on the DLC maps?

Or do you have to have a full fire team of people who own the DLC in order to be able to play on the DLC maps?

What about the next Iron Banner? Is it going to include the DLC maps?

Deku Tree

When the new raid is released, will we be able to VoG and The Dark Below and get loot from both once a week or just one?

Probably both. But the VoG loot is going to seem like the old and weak loot by then... Did you see that all the new legendaries and exotics start with higher attack values?

EDIT: sry for the double post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom