• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl2177

Lol - Halo as "a lot" going on. What was the point of your post though?

Just accuracy. Street Fighter isn't even on there, but I know there were at least 3 threads for the Arcade edition alone. SC2 had at least 4 for WoL, not sure how many for HotS. Madden has at least 1 new thread every year. Even Dark Souls had a massively expanding OT series. And yeah, HaloGAF is a cesspool. I only used it as an example because it's one of the few that I still stay up to date on.

E92 M3

Thinking back to the OP, I don't understand why people go out of their way to knock Destiny when others are enjoying it. I hate sports games, but don't go into every thread and say how much it sucks and is a waste of time.

Just accuracy. Street Fighter isn't even on there, but I know there were at least 3 threads for the Arcade edition alone. SC2 had at least 4 for WoL, not sure how many for HotS. Madden has at least 1 new thread every year. Even Dark Souls had a massively expanding OT series. And yeah, HaloGAF is a cesspool. I only used it as an example because it's one of the few that I still stay up to date on.

I think the chart was a rough demonstration. If the Destiny OT wasn't moved to community, we would have been at 15 probably. If memory serves, we were on the second or third OT when the game launched and from there thread was moving with crazy momentum.

Haybro

Anybody doing any normal raids today? I've got a #forever29 hunter and 28 warlock that I need to run through it.

Thee seem to be more afk in Skirmish than any other mode.

Some people are real sadists.

We should play Skirmish again soon.

I've really been enjoying PvP ever since IB as long as I have some teammates. I played a bunch of clash last night/this morning with fellow gaffer Uff_duh and two of his friends. Every single round except maybe two had the 4 of us with 2+ k/d and both blueberries at <0.5, it was nuts. Even so we still won most matches by 3k or more, but it would be even more fun with a full team. If we can get 6 that would be fun but I would enjoy some skirmish/salvage also if you're ever looking for a third.

Strider

Thinking back to the OP, I don't understand why people go out of their way to knock Destiny when others are enjoying it. I hate sports games, but don't go into every thread and say how much it sucks and is a waste of time.

Yea it's ridiculous at times. I've actually memorized a couple posters as "always goes n every destiny thread to shit on it" as how I remember them lol

just let it go....

Ambitious

Thank you, Dead Orbit.

10688423_984981494849256_4655642902898185290_o.jpg

Bittersteel is what you need

LiK

Haha.

The Dead Orbit package had Revenant.

Skirmish, I love you.

Dead Orbit shaders are the true exotics. I want one.....

I've really been enjoying PvP ever since IB as long as I have some teammates. I played a bunch of clash last night/this morning with fellow gaffer Uff_duh and two of his friends. Every single round except maybe two had the 4 of us with 2+ k/d and both blueberries at <0.5, it was nuts. Even so we still won most matches by 3k or more, but it would be even more fun with a full team. If we can get 6 that would be fun but I would enjoy some skirmish/salvage also if you're ever looking for a third.

Anytime. PVP is what I truly enjoy. Skirmish is slower paced and more strategic so I think you'll enjoy it even more than 6v6.

Done the Hard Raid yesterday. Completed it within 45 mins. Best haul for me as well:

Fatebringer
Hunter Helm
Hunter Arms
Rest was Shards & Energy

I can finally reach the 30s club now! Just got to level the helm up.
Still haaaaaaaate you. I have the Timepiece as an arc consolation from that raid, but it look like it suuuuuucks.

Zakalwe

Banned

Absolutely.

Skirmish is really great with 3. It's my favourite mode aside from Rumble when you get two 3 player fire teams against each other, so rare though...

Deku Tree

Anyone up for an oracles to Gorgon's maze HM cheese? I have the checkpoint and I want to go through it with my Titan (he still has no raid gear, and he can do the cubby hole part). I am offline now but I will turn on PS4 as soon as some people express interest. I can start as soon as we have people. PS4 DekuBleep

What's the new stuff that was found in the 1.0.3 datamine?
The Dark Below stuff, New PvP Modes(fuck yes)
Yeah new PvP mode will turn off trackers at Hardcore, and Inferno mode will have even more surprises, like reviving a requirement in Skirmish

Strider

Skirmish > control that's for sure. It is a little too slow at times though.

But you can at leasy play the best map n the game n Skirmish...

I think the chart was a rough demonstration. If the Destiny OT wasn't moved to community, we would have been at 15 probably. If memory serves, we were on the second or third OT when the game launched and from there thread was moving with crazy momentum.
cause it's gaf :p

Strider

Anyone up for an oracles to Gorgon's maze HM cheese? I have the checkpoint and I want to go through it with my Titan (he still has no raid gear, and he can do the cubby hole part). I am offline now but I will turn on PS4 as soon as some people express interest. I can start as soon as we have people. PS4 DekuBleep

I'd be up for it. Don't really wanna do gatekeeper/Atheon but would love a chance at fate bringer and the chests.

Skirmish > control that's for sure. It is a little too slow at times though.

But you can at leasy play the best map n the game n Skirmish...

No First Light or Bastion is also a good reason to run Skirmish. Especially with Clash, First Light is so big and empty, its awful. I thought I might miss them after they were out of the IB rotation, but as soon as we did one round there I was done with it, haha.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Void/Arc/Solar Found verdict is your answer.

By the way had Kill The Target on the moon this morning and servitor suddenly decided to teleport half the way across the area. Nearly had him but due to his LOOONG teleport it was only Silver Rating. What a cheat!

I do have the right element to drop the shield, but good lord does it reset too fast, it's annoying
Drop shield, swap to Truth, it's 20% filling back up

Hyun Sai

Seeing that the new legendaries of the DLC start at 272 attack rate (if it stays that way), what's the point of those we loot in VoG ? Ascendant energy ?

Strider

It's been so long since I played salvage. Did they ever fix the scoring system for that mode? I remember it being really dumb.

darkwing

Seeing that the new legendaries of the DLC start at 272 attack rate (if it stays that way), what's the point of those we loot in VoG ? Ascendant energy ?

The new weapons in the DLC will most likely require a new type to upgrade like radiant energy

realcZk

It's been so long since I played salvage. Did they ever fix the scoring system for that mode? I remember it being really dumb.

They re-added points for revives after fixing some things. The reason it was stealth removed is because on maps like Twilight Gap people would jump off the edge to suicide and have a teammate revive them over and over again. You still get way more points for dismantling relics though than you do capturing and defending them.

Strider

I think there is an upgrade path for our existing weapons to reach a higher attack value above 300. I read that in the last OT somewhere.

Strider

They re-added points for revives after fixing some things. The reason it was stealth removed is because on maps like Twilight Gap people would jump off the edge to suicide and have a teammate revive them over and over again. You still get way more points for dismantling relics though than you do capturing and defending them.

Yea I knew about the revive changes.

But yea the second part is what I was thinking of. Capturing the point and trying to hold it was kinda pointless. You just let them take it then kill them off the point for massive points... Kinda silly IMO

Do you guys think they will try to integrate the new story and strike missions to the daily/weekly missions? Not everyone will have it, so at first it seems like an obvious "no," but if they are not brought into the daily grind then they will be kind of "one and done" affairs. Bungie is way smarter than to do that, right?

realcZk

Yea I knew about the revive changes.

But yea the second part is what I was thinking of. Capturing the point and trying to hold it was kinda pointless. You just let them take it then kill them off the point for massive points... Kinda silly IMO

Yeah lol, thats how we play salvage against randoms. Most people don't know about how it works so they always rush to capture and defend, then you just flank them from three sides/super them and take a ton of free points. I think you should get more points the longer you defend, so a successful capture and defense gives more points than a dismantle.

LiK

I think I'll return to using my Suros for my long awaited return into Skirmish. I want to destroy the other teams. Hoping for hate messages.

Strider

I didn't use Last Word in IB since I don't have the damage maxed out... Regular crucible means I can again use my favorite gun in the history of fps games. \O/

Ridwald

I think i read somewhere in Bungie's news that the exotics (at least ?) will be upgradable to the level of the DLC so that our weapons will not go to the trash. I have to go check for references though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom