• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the new raid is released, will we be able to VoG and The Dark Below and get loot from both once a week or just one?

That is a good question. I would say both, the App shows you your loot drops for Vault of Glass not "Raids".

Part of me wants it to be just one so I don't have to be running 6 Raids a week :/

All I need from VoG is Vex and Praedeths Timepiece, I have every other unique raid item (weapons, armour, etc).

If I can get those 2 before TDB I will be very happy and can finally move on.

Rubenov

I get that the Destiny GAF community is active, but Halo's OT numbers are far larger than 21, and last Destiny thread there was literally a few pages where a few members posted instead of using a mic.

lol

Destiny has been out for less than four months; Halo has been out for years. This is still the fastest-growing game for OTs.

Deku Tree

That is a good question. I would say both, the App shows you your loot drops for Vault of Glass not "Raids".

Part of me wants it to be just one so I don't have to be running 6 Raids a week :/

All I need from VoG is Vex and Praedeths Timepiece, I have every other unique raid item (weapons, armour, etc).

If I can get those 2 before TDB I will be very happy and can finally move on.

Hard VoG at level 32 is going to be like easy mode.

LiK

Play control. Equip all void weapons (particularily void heavy machine gun). And if you have any void nades, equip them. Try not to be in front line first in control areas, just take it a bit more safe than usual.
Wait for that heavy ammo and be there when it appears. Go there early enough. When on heavy ammo, try again not to charge with your machine gun but try to stay alive as long as you have ammo. Its so op that its mindless.
With this type of play you should get avg 50/game easily.

This. Basically play it safe even if you don't get a lot of kills. As long as the K/D is positive, it won't take too long.

EL CUCO

HAWK! You out did yourself on this one. Awesome OP. That Destiny sucks pic almost madee crash my car...and I'm parked lol

jett

D-Member
Let me ask you about the DLC Crucible maps. How are they going to decide who has access to them? If you are on a fire team with someone who doesn't have the DLC but you are the fire team leader and you do have the DLC can you play on the DLC maps?

Or do you have to have a full fire team of people who own the DLC in order to be able to play on the DLC maps?

What about the next Iron Banner? Is it going to include the DLC maps?

If it's like every other game ever made, if someone doesn't have the DLC, nobody will play the DLC maps.

Deku Tree

This is true, will be nice to run it at 32 and destroy. I think I dozed off near the end of our runs last night, hahaha, sorry :( didn't have a chance to say good game.

lolz. I was falling asleep too. Almost fell asleep during the end of the last weekly. :)

Stayed up too late the previous night playing IB. It took me an hour longer than expected because I had four straight matches with zero crucible marks gains of any kind. I never get to sleep late. My 2 year old wakes me up at 6:30-7am no matter when I go to sleep....

SAiLO

I so hate the Kill Target mission in Mothyard for Public Time Event, Holy Shit that Captain Shield is Bullshit

I unload so much, reloading, his shields back up to full, I mean come the fuck on, I'm alone, soloing, give me a fucking break

He moves so fast through the checkpoints, it's insane

Only once have I soloed him to get gold, that was with 7 Truth Rockets+ Using up half my Primary + Special, he reached the cave too, like 5 steps away
Every other time it's been Silver if solo, need 1 person extra to get Gold

Some of these Kill Target PTE's need to be looked at

Void/Arc/Solar Found verdict is your answer.

By the way had Kill The Target on the moon this morning and servitor suddenly decided to teleport half the way across the area. Nearly had him but due to his LOOONG teleport it was only Silver Rating. What a cheat!

Deku Tree

If it's like every other game ever made, if someone doesn't have the DLC, nobody will play the DLC maps.

In other games then are you usually be able to tell somehow who has the DLC somehow? I have a lot of people on my friends list... (The answer to my question is probably no right? You just have to ask them.)

jett

D-Member
In other games then are you usually be able to tell somehow who has the DLC somehow? I have a lot of people on my friends list... (The answer to my question is probably no right? You just have to ask them.)

I guess we'll have to see with Destiny, but people will have to say it out loud probably. :p

I'm so glad I got Gheleon's demise from Iron Banner before it closed. This gun is TOO freaking good. The only problem is it takes so long to level up. What's the fastest way to level up weapons?

dv2nHNd.jpg

Good lord, what a crazy stat. Destiny OT's seem to be far more friendly and inviting than the HaloGAF ones, and I've spent most of my GAF time there.

Whenever I get a PS4, I'm adding a shit ton of you folks. I hope there's still a newbie raid group then.

I'm so glad I got Gheleon's demise from Iron Banner before it closed. This gun is TOO freaking good. The only problem is it takes so long to level up. What's the fastest way to level up weapons?
Bounties (pve and pvp) turning on some telemetries and woking the hive / crushing cabal in Exclusion Zone (and get glimmer in the meanwhile with wax idol / resupply codes).

And then do that again across all your characters if you have more than one.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Bungie seems to rate helms highly in general, they cost more than the other 3 pieces of gear (120 points?) and I'm not seeing anything to suggest why that is the case.

It's an old RPG cliche that some armor pieces are more valuable/important than others.

Wether it's appropiate for a game like Destiny...

Ambitious

Played a lot of Crucible with my Warlock alt last weekend. It's so much fun.
Gliding right above an enemy, being amused at him frantically looking in all directions, unable to see me, blam goes the shotgun. In case he survives it, slap him. And ppfffsssssht off to the next one..

Ridwald

Listen to this Bungie. This right here is brilliant.

That would kill all the fun :) i've been following these threads for several weeks now and i'm pretty sure a good part of the talks can be related to Xûr and what he will (or will not) have in his bags for the weekends. That's for the days when he is not there and you have the weekend where people rejoice or curse him to the end of days when he comes with his bottomless bag of exotics. If the people at Bungie are following that subject (and i'm pretty sure they do) they must be proud of themselves when people are even trying to calculate patterns and wage possibilities for all of this to happen

I do like the wait and the uncertainty of what he will sell for the weekend, it's what makes me want to level / earn coins / ... and come back to buy my beautiful exotics :D If he can just stop selling the armamentarium for a few weeks it will be just fine ....

Xür is coming ...

E92 M3

Gliding right above an enemy, being amused at him frantically looking in all directions, unable to see me, blam goes the shotgun. In case he survives it, slap him. And ppfffsssssht off to the next one..

I find the Warlock melee so OP lol. The range on that badboy is half the football field.

LiK

If he couldn't kill you when you were in easy target practice glide mode then he deserves to lose.

shem935

Banned
I get that the Destiny GAF community is active, but Halo's OT numbers are far larger than 21, and last Destiny thread there was literally a few pages where a few members posted instead of using a mic.

Literally? Literally? So last OT was three pages where a few members posted?

Shito

What makes it so good to you?
I took it because I love scout rifles, but haven't tried it yet: I already have two A9xfcsd545245465whatever with the amazing firefly perk, and a MIDA Multitool, and it seems Gheleon's was more or less in between them two...

void666

Banned
Void/Arc/Solar Found verdict is your answer.

By the way had Kill The Target on the moon this morning and servitor suddenly decided to teleport half the way across the area. Nearly had him but due to his LOOONG teleport it was only Silver Rating. What a cheat!

The wizard?
Me and a friend had him almost dead when he teleported to the last checkpoint.

What makes it so good to you?
I took it because I love scout rifles, but haven't tried it yet: I already have two A9xfcsd545245465whatever with the amazing firefly perk, and a MIDA Multitool, and it seems Gheleon's was more or less in between them two...

Well to be honest it's my first scout rifle, but I've been dropping fools in crucible left and right and I barely unlocked anything. Is the A9xfcsd545245465whatever also a legendary? Where did you get it?

The wizard?
Me and a friend had him almost dead when he teleported to the last checkpoint.

I've noticed in quite a few Eliminate The Target PE that if you manage to stun lock or trap the target such that they don't move for 30 seconds or so the game will auto warp them to the penultimate checkpoint. I've learnt to let them keep moving unless I have enough folks to kill them then and there. It's BS as stun locking is a legit tactic in PvE or any damn game for that matter but it just seems to me that Bungie have a clock on the checkpoints and if the target doesn't get there by a certain time thy're simply straight warped to the second to last checkpoint.

noomi

Kind of sad right now, completed 2 hm raids, 2 nightfalls and 2 weeklies yesterday and now I have nothing until next tuesday. All weapons and armor maxed, no hawkmoon or horn to level either :(

Welp.... time to catch up to my backlog I guess.

darkwing

Kind of sad right now, completed 2 hm raids, 2 nightfalls and 2 weeklies yesterday and now I have nothing until next tuesday. All weapons and armor maxed, no hawkmoon or horn to level either :(

I ran 530+ strikes to get Hawkmoon

Shito

Well to be honest it's my first scout rifle, but I've been dropping fools in crucible left and right and I barely unlocked anything. Is the A9xfcsd545245465whatever also a legendary? Where did you get it?
Yep, also legendary.
Bought the first one from the vanguard vendor, and received another one for my alt from levelling up the vanguard faction, with more or less the same perks.
The stock one from the vendor has great perks, especially firefly (makes the enemy explode when killed by a precision shot), awesome range and quite a high impact. It's an awesome PVE rifle, but I haven't tried them too much in PVP yet -- had to get those autorifle headshots bounties done! ^^
I highly recommend it to anyone curious about scout rifles. :)

ethomaz

Banned
OMG I just read the OT now.

Brilliant.

Amazing job @Hawkian... now you will need to out do you in OT12 :D

Edit - Already have salty posts lol

ethomaz

Banned

You need a new alt... the last one to to everything 3 times.

Deku Tree

Are we excited for the new stuff that was found in the 1.0.3 datamine?

Yes.

EDIT: I love how all these video's are showing the necrochasm auto rifle all over the place, and everyone has one, and it's so great, etc. If it is going to be the unique hard mode exotic weapon drop like the Vex and it's going to be a small RNG chance to get it, then I might never get one. I've done so many hard raids, have two raid helmets, but no Vex. #ForeverWithoutVex

Zakalwe

Banned
We should play Skirmish again soon.

If you need a hand with the bounty at some point today let me know.

Just did mine solo. Last game I got the winning kill, found dead orbit and a legendary engram, and the bounty popped all at once. I think it was worth it...

Mupod

I got my first exotic drop last night, Apotheosis Veil. Maybe not the greatest thing ever but it gives me a path to 30 if I get either a hat or a chestpiece from the raid.

I'd like to start using my Gheleon's Demise in crucible, still have to unlock fitted stock and third eye on it before it's useful. I tried it in a couple matches last night and I just got frustrated by Hawkmoon/Vision of Confluence users.

What I really want is a decent range handcannon that kills in two headshots, even if it fires slowly or has other drawbacks like a long reload. Thorn sounded like what I wanted before they nerfed it. Timur's Lash leaves people with a tiny sliver of health but that third shot takes so long to come out that they either run and hide or someone else steals the kill.

Definity

I'm so ready for new content. Just need the vex and corrective measure and I will have every weapon out of the VOG. Not sure the vex will ever drop for me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom