• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubenov

Helped out a team on a hard raid the other day, and there was this one guy who refused to shoot at Atheon with anything but his Last Word. It was kind of funny, cowboy style.

Also, for the new raid, here's what I'm thinking in terms of builds to deal with those Knights and Wizards' shields:

Primary: Fatebringer
Secondary: Icebreaker
Heavy: Hezen Vengeance

Alternate build:

Primary: Vision of Confluence
Secondary: Patience and Time
Heavy: Arc Legendary (Zombie Apocalypse or similar)

That way you have key elemental damage on the primaries, plus you ensure you have that ranged sniper fire. Of course, the game might throw us into a fistfight with thralls so in that case Fusion rifles might be necessary.

I'll be on in about 10 min.

Nice. Maybe we can snag a few more. One round of rando's was all I could take. Just need 1 more grenade kill and I'll have 42,500 XP worth of bounties to turn in... what to level up, hmmm...

Also, lol at greeny still getting responses for hard Atheon.

Zakalwe

Banned
Nice. Maybe we can snag a few more. One round of rando's was all I could take. Just need 1 more grenade kill and I'll have 42,500 XP worth of bounties to turn in... what to level up, hmmm...

Also, lol at greeny still getting responses for hard Atheon.

Pvp?

Sign me up. 10 minutes.

k1t4j

Hmm, I think the guys went for a run before I joined them. My first was the one where we failed on jumps

I WAS that guy, It was so embarrassing we were having an amazing run. I reach the other side with blade dancer on the jumps no problem.

Then you guys know that part where you are walking on the ledge and it seems that the wall "pushes you"?

Yeah I haven't died there in ages..... had to be yesterday......

matmanx1

Let me get this straight:

You only get raid loot once per week for each mode (Normal and Hard).

You can run the raid as often as you want but there will only be loot for the first time that you open each chest or kill each boss, right?

Just making sure I understand how it works. I hope tonight will be the night that I run my first raid.

You can run the raid as often as you want but there will only be loot for the first time that you open each chest or kill each boss, right?

Just making sure I understand how it works. I hope tonight will be the night that I run my first raid.

Yep, except the first Gorgon Maze chest gives loot both times if you do normal first.

Yes, and on top of that if you go in expecting shit you will just get shards.

So keep mindful of the vengeance of RNGesus against the greedy. Have fun, keep a positive attitude and above all else...

GORGONS LOVE HUGS.

Yeah, its basically like you said. If you do hard raid first in a given week then you get all possible loot drops (double drops, essentially) from that one run. If you do normal first, then you can do hard later in the week and you will get another drop at each "boss fight" (4 of these drops) and also another drop from one of the chests in the raid.

The drops you get on hard pull from a different loot table than on normal, so you can get some items only on hard raid.

Lets form a Weekly Hard Mode Raid Group!

I posted awhile go to form a weekly hard raid group for multiple characters. We are now looking for a spot as it recently opened up.

Reply here or send me a PM.

1. Cosmos_Man (me)
2. deafmedal
3. OPEN SPOT
4. grimlock33 (sub needed this week - Harlan_Ryudo subbing this Saturday November 29th)
5. SonComet
6. hetchi

Time : Saturdays at 9pm EST

We just need one more!

Today, Saturday November 29th at 9:00pm is our current 1st attempt as a group, but all of us have plenty of raid experience.

I sent a group PSN message to those already signed up and will send it to our sub once we get them!

hoggert

there is nothing more fun sitting on a control point with a shotgun while a ward of dawn/armor of light is up. Yeah, eventually a warlock will nuke you or striker will chaos dunk on you, but people will still lemming in two months after release and take their chances. So cheesy but I love it.

I WAS that guy, It was so embarrassing we were having an amazing run. I reach the other side with blade dancer on the jumps no problem.

Then you guys know that part where you are walking on the ledge and it seems that the wall "pushes you"?

Yeah I haven't died there in ages..... had to be yesterday......

And I was THAT GUY today... :(

It's just horrible how my screw up costs everyone else....

Ourobolus

Banned
Lets form a Weekly Hard Mode Raid Group!

I posted awhile go to form a weekly hard raid group for multiple characters. We are now looking for a spot as it recently opened up.

Reply here or send me a PM.

1. Cosmos_Man (me)
2. deafmedal
3. OPEN SPOT
4. grimlock33 (sub needed this week - Harlan_Ryudo subbing this Saturday November 29th)
5. SonComet
6. hetchi

Time : Saturdays at 9pm EST

We just need one more!

Today, Saturday November 29th at 9:00pm is our current 1st attempt as a group, but all of us have plenty of raid experience.

I sent a group PSN message to those already signed up and will send it to our sub once we get them!

I think I can fill in this week if you need someone. Got a 29 Titan and a 30 Hunter I need to get through there.

PSN: Ourobolus

Mattiator

So what's the general consensus on the best fusion rifle I have the plan c and praetorion foil and am working on the pocket infinity bounty.
Thanks for any responses.

phen0m24

But not a wedge of cheese to use as a shield?
Oooh fig if it could have been done....

Hey. How is DAI? A buddy wanted to get it for mp, but the mp isn't co-op (story), right?

I already got myself Diablo and will be playing Dark Below (will I ever finish Mordor or start Advanced Warfare?)... Should I get another game? Lol too...many...games

Oooh fig if it could have been done....

Hey. How is DAI? A buddy wanted to get it for mp, but the mp isn't co-op (story), right?

I already got myself Diablo and will be playing Dark Below (will I ever finish Mordor or start Advanced Warfare?)... Should I get another game? Lol too...many...games

I love it, but I haven't even touched the multiplayer yet so I can't tell you. :p

You'll never finish all your games.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So what's the general consensus on the best fusion rifle I have the plan c and praetorion foil and am working on the pocket infinity bounty.
Thanks for any responses.
The Plan C would be good for the current Nightfall because of the arc burn.

If you have the Vex, then that would be the best, since I assume it counts as fusion kills.

How do you restart a mission from the beginning?
Press Square on the mission select to confirm instead of X.

I have Dragon Age sitting there looking at me, wanting me to play it. I do want to, and every time I am about to open it up and pop it in I get a message in chat to help with a nightfall or a weekly.

I am aware Destiny is a time sink. I am aware that RNGesus hates me and favors everyone else in my party. These factors should make it easier to just say no to my friends and pop in Dragon Age.

But then I remember Dragon Age 2. I instantly become bitter and I say "screw it" I am going to take another gamble at lootz in Destiny even though I know it will end badly.

I am aware Destiny is a constant and that I need to set boundaries and give time to other games but it is just so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom