• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW.

s8xxK0M.jpg

Guardian Lord... Hawkiaaaaaaaan!

XbEotjl.jpg

gdt

Does the Mida Multi Tool special movement perk (it's awesome) stack with the bladedancers sprint and slide perk? Just curious.

I'll help you guys if you are doing it today. The only thing we need to do is to get past the fucking jumps and its done.

^^^^This^^^^ Flawless isn't hard anymore, the glitches are figured out. GK + Atheon takes <10 minutes but everything before that takes ~30 minutes which is why the jumps are so crucial.

Congrats Kartik!! So glad you finally got it, it was a long time coming and you really deserved it. How were the Atheon teleports? I see in the picture you have Time's Vengeance so they couldn't have been too bad, haha.

We had no trouble with the gorgons except for some close shaves

Ah, ok. He said first run was flawless except for the gorgon encounter so I wasn't sure what that meant.

The first time we got to Atheon was the most glitched one I have experienced. First two times no one gets teleported, then I get teleported alone, and the next 2 people get teleported.

That's pretty typical for flawless glitches actually. 0 teleported is the most common initially for a round or two, then it usually increases to 1 or 2 for a few rounds then eventually gets to normal 3 teleports after enough rounds. I've never seen the number of teleported people go back down though, and its possible to get all rounds of glitched teleports.

Awww man... did bungie patch out the double bounty exploit?

I just wanna level my Plan C

Yes they did, sadly. Just be sure to buy shit tons of telemetries from Xur, then save up as many 5k XP bounties as you can then cash them all in at once, repeat with any alts you have. You can level exotics pretty quickly this way.

Nodnol

Any X1'ers looking to Hard raid?

Not till tonight (GMT), but I have one spot if anyone wants in. First attempt at Hard raid.

chewydogg

Yesterday was a pretty good day. New exotic from Xür (Plan C), got Atheon's Epilogue from normal raid, bought The Vanguard sniper, and while finishing the PvP stage of the Thorn bounty (finally 500/500!!) I got Thunderlord!!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
^^^^This^^^^ Flawless isn't hard anymore, the glitches are figured out. GK + Atheon takes <10 minutes but everything before that takes ~30 minutes which is why the jumps are so crucial.

Congrats Kartik!! So glad you finally got it, it was a long time coming and you really deserved it. How were the Atheon teleports? I see in the picture you have Time's Vengeance so they couldn't have been too bad, haha.
Thanks Drizz, it's such a huge relief. Flawless raider simply isn't possible without teamwork and communication.

He never teleported three people actually. When two people got teleported on Mars we decided to stay and fight and it worked out. We also decided to run out with the relic when two people got teleported on Venus because it probably wasn't a good idea to mess with the Minotaur haha. I think it was 1,1, 2, 2, 2.

I love Destiny, even with all its faults I think it's one of the best games ever made.

You know you're hooked on a game when you dream of playing the game while sleeping.

Unrelated: Wonder if I should double dip and get a PS4 copy of Destiny. Seems like significantly more GAF activity on the PS4 version, which is to be expected of course.

blazeuk

The Bad Juju exotic bounty has to be the worst one out of them all, it feels like this 25 strike thing has taken me forever and it's only like the 2nd part of it.

Deku Tree

The Bad Juju exotic bounty has to be the worst one out of them all, it feels like this 25 strike thing has taken me forever and it's only like the 2nd part of it.

And at the end of it you get a worthless exotic weapon... Maybe it'll be better whenever they eventually buff it.

Deku Tree

Wife was furious last night. No more Destiny for me for a very long time.... :'(

Went too far past the enraged timer expiring? Sorry about that... Maybe if you take a week off you can come back in time for the DLC? Glad you got all your characters to 30 first.

lunlunqq

Got my second one last night...
Got my 4th one last night and I wasn't even hoping for it. Sorry for bailing on you guys last night. Did you guys finish it at the end? Anybody got anything good? Considering hoe glitchy it was, everybody better be getting something awesome out of it.

lunlunqq

Went too far past the enraged timer expiring? Sorry about that... Maybe if you take a week off you can come back in time for the DLC? Glad you got all your characters to 30 first.

Yup... The Atheon's fight went a little too long. Wife entered second stage of enragement. Even a glitchy Atheon cannot compare to that. My game-at-night ability is now on a very long cool down. *sign

Agent

Seeing a Legendary Engram drop off an enemy when you kill it is one if the best feelings. Until you pick it up and realize it is a legendary class item engram.

No, I'm not bitter at all.

forrest

formerly nacire
Welcome to the PS4 crew!

That said, for the clan tag to show in-game, you need to dig through Bungie's crappily designed website, find the clan page, join the overall clan, select "join Playstation 4 clan", and if said clan has less than 100(i think) people, then it should show up. For most people, not worth the work. I only did it to get the Clan strike and raid trophies.

Also, if you think moving to PS4 will stop those glitches in the vault... eh, you know what, keep thinking that, you'll feel great until you actually try to run the raid. ;)

The GAF Raid clan seems to be at 150 people despite have 3k followers. I'm guessing there is a cap of sorts? My PS3 had a dying graphics chip, well technically it needed to be reballed as it was separating from the board based on my research, which led to tons of graphical artifacting and other odd phenomena. But as far as VoG glitches, I'm not talking about the regular stuff. I'm talking about my system freezing regularly albeit at random moments, every time I attempted Gatekeeper or Atheon. There was something graphically or mechanically taking place in that room that would just hard lock my system at random times.

Funnily enough, I've repeated the encounter soo many times praying for it to not lock up, that I'm very fluent in it and have no issues performing any of the roles. Out of all the weeks I've played and out side of cheesing Atheon when it was easy, I've probably only beaten him or the gatekeeper 2-3 times each without the system crashing. I was lucky and got VoC on my first legit kill some time ago and got Vex/Helmet on my first hard mode cheese. Regardless, lots of pent up rage to be unleashed on both of these assholes over the coming weeks! :D

phen0m24

I am watching my 10 year old son attempt to solo the Xyor mission (via RP on his Vita!!!!). Wow he's nuts.

If any GAF superheroes would like to help him my (our) psn is colonelocorn.

Poor kid he's trying to 'Horn everything lol

I should rename py psn
(if only that were possible)
to colonelohorn haha

Greenymac

Got my 4th one last night and I wasn't even hoping for it. Sorry for bailing on you guys last night. Did you guys finish it at the end? Anybody got anything good? Considering hoe glitchy it was, everybody better be getting something awesome out of it.

Nah need to finish Atheon sometime today...No sweat. Easy money

Thanks Drizz, it's such a huge relief. Flawless raider simply isn't possible without teamwork and communication.

He never teleported three people actually. When two people got teleported on Mars we decided to stay and fight and it worked out. We also decided to run out with the relic when two people got teleported on Venus because it probably wasn't a good idea to mess with the Minotaur haha. I think it was 1,1, 2, 2, 2.

I love Destiny, even with all its faults I think it's one of the best games ever made.

Yeah, communication is the biggest issue for anything in this game, from flawless to pvp. It's also the reason why the gaf community has been so essential, I wouldn't have played this game for 10% as much time without it. Definitely agree about Destiny as well, its already my most played game of all time, which is really ridiculous.

Yeah, its very possible to get T's V with only 2 ported, especially in the left portal. Personally I would prefer doing it this way but I've also seen too many people kinda panic in those situations and wipe a shoulda-been-flawless run.

I am watching my 10 year old son attempt to solo the Xyor mission (via RP on his Vita!!!!). Wow he's nuts.

If any GAF superheroes would like to help him my (our) psn is colonelocorn.

Poor kid he's trying to 'Horn everything lol

I should rename py psn
(if only that were possible)
to colonelohorn haha

That was a fun Xyor strike! I'm sure if your son was able to do the Thorn PvP bounty already then he will be wrecking fools in Crucible with that Thorn, especially once they fix the nerf.

EL CUCO

My Titan will wear Legendary gear and the Armamentarium today. Went from level 6 to 16 in 5hrs. 4 more levels to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom