• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Jinjo

Only got like 300 IB rep yesterday and finished only the XP bounty of the set. Gotta step my game up, I'll be gone the majority of the weekend so I need to hit rank 4 by friday. Is it doable GAF? I only have one to two hours top today and tomorrow, then all night on friday (3-5 hours depending on how long I can last playing IB nonstop).

Only got like 300 IB rep yesterday and finished only the XP bounty of the set. Gotta step my game up, I'll be gone the majority of the weekend so I need to hit rank 4 by friday. Is it doable GAF? I only have a few hours today and tomorrow, then all night on friday (3-5 hours depending on how long I can last playing IB nonstop).

Very doable. Just remember the tempered buff on Sunday and Monday is ridiculous, 100% then 150%, so you can make up a lot of ground then very quickly.

upload_convert.gif
The ending of my first Crota kill with the sword couldn't have gone any smoother!!

http://youtu.be/m58qtkQJO-s

Noice!! First crota kill?

Nice! I was the first one down lol :/ Trying to get that shield down for you any way possible

lol, nice. I've gotten a few Enrage kills but never one that late where it actually wiped the team.

Reminds me of VoG GKeepers expunging to wipe the team but still getting the loot drops... but not the Atheon CP, smh.

Oh yea hahaha I remember that too! Thanks, we would have gotten him earlier but a few times he stood up after just 2 hits.

Dazzler

Black Hammer dropped for me earlier on my first Crota run

Thanks to everyone who took part, it was surprisingly clean

Nightfall and Weekly dropped nothing but Shards and Coins, oh well

WelcomeNowhere

Neo Member
Any1 notice that after this patch Crota has really been getting up way to early, I have no clue what triggers it, but his animation from kneel down to getting up sometimes is instant

I do sword duty most of the time and my inner timing for his kneel-down to getting up is off by 1.5 seconds
Private was doing sword and I was calling out the hit marker and combo callback, almost 3 times in a row he would get up way to quick
Hell 1 time he was instant with me and the hunter invis trick and caught me off guard, I was just had hit 4th strike and already invis, but somehow that instant stand-up and he swatted me down =/
Yes!

I was carrying sword a few different runs today, and I used to be able to get in 4 R2s if I caught the first hit timing well. Today I couldn't even come close. I thought I was going crazy, but glad to know its not just me. Wonder if part of their fix for the disconnect cheese was to shorten his kneel time to avoid the time it took for the game to recognize a fireteam member disconnected.

Jinjo

Very doable. Just remember the tempered buff on Sunday and Monday is ridiculous, 100% then 150%, so you can make up a lot of ground then very quickly.

Nice, good to know. I hit IB rank 5 in IB 2.0 pretty early but that was because I was already nearly rank 3 when it started. So I never experienced the sunday/monday buff. Hopefully I can get to rank 5 on sundayevening and then have monday to glimmer farm.

Gotta fit in the weeklies and two more Crota runs too (except for Crota himself). Guess I'm not playing another game this week lol.

Nice my ps4 didn't save the clip.glad you got it

I have the whole 10 minute clip too if anyone really wants it haha. If only I didn't go for a 3rd hit on the 3rd attempt where we improvised so much (ogres after 1st swordbearer?) and got him down to like 10% and lost.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yes. With a team.

I think it can be harder with a team if someone is underleveled or doesn't know what to do. That was probably the most chill team I've been with. Everyone is all relaxed and we're just laughing whenever we die.

KeRaSh

from the nightfall

aGafxMu.jpg

kinda good i guess? well except for the range

Got it yesterday. Sharded it. I get showered in legendary hand cannons with shitty perks.
My other two NF runs netted me 10 strange coins and an exotic shard (second No Land Beyond... I didn't even want the first one!).

Hopefully Xur has something nice in stores for us this week...
Who am I kidding?

Rehsa

I have the whole 10 minute clip too if anyone really wants it haha. If only I didn't go for a 3rd hit on the 3rd attempt where we improvised so much (ogres after 1st swordbearer?) and got him down to like 10% and lost.
I would have probably tried too with him that damn close to death

Yes. With a team.

I think it can be harder with a team if someone is underleveled or doesn't know what to do. That was probably the most chill team I've been with. Everyone is all relaxed and we're just laughing whenever we die.

No cheese makes everyone more relaxed and good job with the sword :)

jadedm17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4OP1uAcfV4

Batman dropping more Truth.

Also, anyone wanna help me kill Crota real quick? Got a Crota Checkpoint on PS4. PSN FD_Reborn

He lost me at his rambling GTAV scenario around minute five. The hell does that made up nonsense have to do with anything? They're not even the same genre. Movies move slots all the time regardless of quality to avoid competition, I doubt that would have done anything.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks. I got greedy at the end there. Wanted to go for the kill instead of jumping away. We still did it on one shot which says a lot. We did every part except the bridge in one shot.

When I was over at the other side, it's hard to stay close to the totems and kill dozens of ads. Especially the boomers and you have no time until wizards and ogres appear. I was just running back and forth trying to stay alive while you guys snipe from the other side.

Solo NF, love Murmur, switching between arc and solar was so useful. However, all I got was the Devil you Don't, that got dismantled real quick. On the bright side I finished my Pocket Infinity bounty.

jadedm17

My second Nightfall got me 11 coins

That's okay though cause BALLERHORN AUGH

Id take 11 coins over almost anything else you can get, are you serious? Shards, legendary nonsense, exotics you have.... Id easily pick just another 9 coins over a RNG roll for NF with all the garbage ive gotten these weeks.

Izuna

Banned
from the nightfall

aGafxMu.jpg

kinda good i guess? well except for the range

This was my first weapon when the DLC hit. I didn't have Fatebringer and I looked at the stats and loved this weapon. I thought it was amazing, I even used it over the Vex for the Raid and higher level missions.

Super fast reloads to boot if you learn to reload at 0 bullets. I got it 331 before the end of the first week too.

Yesterday I got the Fatebringer and even at 260 ATK vs. This at 331, I put it in the vault never to take it out again. Fatebringer may currently do up to 30% less damage per shot, but it's just so much better for how it deals with smaller enemies. Anything bigger then a Sniper will always be better than that Handcannon anyway.

Manp

Id take 11 coins over almost anything else you can get, are you serious? Shards, legendary nonsense, exotics you have.... Id easily pick just another 9 coins over a RNG roll for NF with all the garbage ive gotten these weeks.

i got 12 coins from NF yesterday... 12. that's not bad at all :|

Just got something called Husk of the Pit while helping a friend through the first quest. WTF is it?

Weapon that becomes legendary and then into the Exotic Necrochasm.

You need Rank 3 Eris for the first upgrade and Hard Mode Crota item for Exotic upgrade. Kill Hive with Husk to max out the bubble. Standard bounties won't level it.

Top Bottom