• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

ocean

Banned
I got a Hawkmoon and an Ice Breaker today. Already had both at 331 but this will simplify my inventory management.

Still missing one NF, two Deathsingers and two Gorgon chests so the Gjallarhorn dream is still alive.

lupin23rd

Got my first Crota kill and was blessed with the Black Hammer <3. Thanks to everyone who joined :D.

Nice!

Turns out I did get The Last Word, I guess that's better than just the shards I thought I got, even though I already have it.

All will be forgiven if I get the boots from the rest of the raid now...

Since Black Hammer lost the Hive Disruptor perk, has anyone checked the same perk under Light of the Abyss to see if there's any issue with it?

Ridwald

Just got something called Husk of the Pit while helping a friend through the first quest. WTF is it?

Edit: Free exotic? Neat

Not really that free, you're gonna have to put some work into it ^^ the last part especially, to go from legendary to exotic, will require the crux of Crota which you get from killing Crota in hard mode.

Received two legendary secondary weapon engrams yesterday. Prayed that RNGsus finally grants me Icebreaker:

Engram 1: Energy
Engram 2: 4th Horseman

>.>

Nice!

Turns out I did get The Last Word, I guess that's better than just the shards I thought I got, even though I already have it.

All will be forgiven if I get the boots from the rest of the raid now...

Hope you get the boots. TLW is excellent for PVP.

Congrats, it was a good experience for me to see how swordbearer can be run now that I'm a 32.

It was a learning experience for me too.

ocean

Banned
I'm kinda behind the times as I just recently got back into the game..

Is Crotas End good for a lvl 30? Should I get to 31 before?
Totally doable. The last two sections are a little trickier tbh but if you're with a somewhat experienced group it should be alright :)

Totally doable. The last two sections are a little trickier tbh but if you're with a somewhat experienced group it should be alright :)

Thanks...

If thats the case I think with my current gear I think I can hit 31.. Everything has a lvl 33 light cap with a exotic with a 36 lvl cap. Is it possible?

Jinjo

Since Black Hammer lost the Hive Disruptor perk, has anyone checked the same perk under Light of the Abyss to see if there's any issue with it?

Why would Light of the Abyss have an issue with Hive Disrusptor? It's the white nail perk that doesn't play nice with hive disrusptor. That's the reason it got temporarily removed on Black Hammer until there is a fix.

Jinjo

Thanks...

If thats the case I think with my current gear I think I can hit 31.. Everything has a lvl 33 light cap with a exotic with a 36 lvl cap. Is it possible?

1x36
2x33
1x30

Is the light distribution you need to get to level 31, so yes that's enough. 2x36 & 2x30 is an option too obviously.

Rainmaker

Banned
Finally got to (kinda) do Crota's End for a second time the other day. Got some radiant energies and the leg armor again (is the only CE raid armor I had prior!). Had an odd LFG group so eventually I had to leave because we couldn't get our shit together to beat Crota. It was pretty embarrassing. Really needed new raid gear.

1x36
2x33
1x30

Is the light distribution you need to get to level 31, so yes that's enough. 2x36 & 2x30 is an option too obviously.

Okay good. I have the thirst now so I need awesome items now.

I only have 1 lvl30 and nothing else to brag about but now am about getting to lvl 32

ocean

Banned
Okay good. I have the thirst now so I need awesome items now.

I only have 1 lvl30 and nothing else to brag about but now am about getting to lvl 32
Get ready, the grind is real. To reach 32 you'll need all 4 armor pieces at 36 Light. That means 1 Exotic + 3 Crota's End armor pieces.

Maxing out each Raid armor piece requires 21 Radiant Shards, which you can only get in Crota's End. Even if you get all the drops now, it'll take you a few weeks to get all those shards unless you're running with multiple characters.

Welcome to the fold :)

Midas

Get ready, the grind is real. To reach 32 you'll need all 4 armor pieces at 36 Light. That means 1 Exotic + 3 Crota's End armor pieces.

Maxing out each Raid armor piece requires 21 Radiant Shards, which you can only get in Crota's End. Even if you get all the drops now, it'll take you a few weeks to get all those shards unless you're running with multiple characters.

Welcome to the fold :)

There's also Iron Banner gear if you like PvP.

Twookie

Anyone on PS4 that hasn't done Nightfall yet? I've soloed uptil at the boss and thought maybe someone here needed it

PSN is Dealep

a_javierp. I'll dare braving Iron Banner for the first time :)

Cool, sent chat invite, just jump in the fire team when you're ready, we are just chilling in orbit. We've got 4 now, maybe 5 if my other buddy joins so we'll see...

Edit: No problem, we started up a match so we can just grab you after this one.

SgtCobra

Another Icebreaker from Gorgon chest. :)
What is this? Everyone's getting exotics left and right from the Gorgon chest, did they up they up the probability rate of getting an exotic with the latest fix? I haven't done any raids yet.

I would love to get an Icebreaker, I've only been getting lolmoons from the raid (had 5 of them) zzzzz.....

Shito

What is this? Everyone's getting exotics left and right from the Gorgon chest, did they up they up the probability rate of getting an exotic with the latest fix? I haven't done any raids yet.
If that's any comfort to you, I'm still to get an exotic from this chest...
Got quite a few from the first CE chest when it gave exotics, though, so all in all...

Twookie

bleh, I don't think pvp in this game is something for me. really dislike the inclusion of radar in pvp as it seem to increase the number of campers

Bradach

I completed the weekly heroic strike last night on lvl 24 (which is my lvl). If I complete it again on a higher difficulty will I not get any rewards? Is that how it works?

JTran2003

I completed the weekly heroic strike last night on lvl 24 (which is my lvl). If I complete it again on a higher difficulty will I not get any rewards? Is that how it works?

You will get the additional 3 or whatever strange coin for going to the next level.

Shito

bleh, I don't think pvp in this game is something for me. really dislike the inclusion of radar in pvp as it seem to increase the number of campers
It's... quite the contrary, actually.
Radar makes you move much more than you would without it. The huge "vehicle maps" turned into sniper maps, but it has nothing to do with the radar.

Each difficulty awards you 3 strange coins and a blue (or sometimes purple) engram. Completing a higher difficulty earns you the lower difficulty rewards (so by doing the 30 one straight away, you get 3 engrams and 9 coins), if you didn't already completed them.

recks

You can still get the other rewards, each lv has 3 Coins for rewards but the rewards 'stacks'. If you do the Lv30 one first you will get all 9, if you do 24 -> 27 -> 30 you will get 3 for each clear and so on.

void666

Banned

I would love to get an Icebreaker, I've only been getting lolmoons from the raid (had 5 of them) zzzzz.....

I got an ice breaker and thunderlord. Someone got gjhallarhorn and another dude got P&T. It was raining exotics there yesterday.

I'll be slightly upset if there isn't a weapon with tracking bullets in house of wolves...the fallen have plenty of them, that's for sure.

Midas

I'll be slightly upset if there isn't a weapon with tracking bullets in house of wolves...the fallen have plenty of them, that's for sure.

That would be really great, if we could get a primary weapon with that. Wouldn't be upset if we didn't though. No tracking in PvP, I guess. :)

panda-zebra

Yes!

I was carrying sword a few different runs today, and I used to be able to get in 4 R2s if I caught the first hit timing well. Today I couldn't even come close. I thought I was going crazy, but glad to know its not just me. Wonder if part of their fix for the disconnect cheese was to shorten his kneel time to avoid the time it took for the game to recognize a fireteam member disconnected.

anti-cheese breaking or making the game harder? how very surprising.

That would be really great, if we could get a primary weapon with that. Wouldn't be upset if we didn't though. No tracking in PvP, I guess. :)

I feel like there are enough obstacles in most PvP maps that you could hide from them fairly easily, but a good point none the less. They could even make it a pulse rifle with tracking so ppl would care about pulse rifles.

Top Bottom