• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

LTWood12

Thanks to the gafers who let join ce with them. First time iv done the raid.

Got song of ir. Is it any good? Looks kinda crap. My harms way with field scout looks better tbh.

Congrats! I think it's a pretty good HM. Harms Way with field scout is fantastic though.

Any tips for the last part of the pocket infinity bounty, the one where you need 200 kills inside a nightfall with a fusion rifle..... it's going to take forever :( I don't wanna do it.

not really. this week is omnigul and there are like 5 bajillion thralls. a run and a half should do it. I got over 150 kills on nf this morning and didnt even have the most kills in the fireteam.

R0ckman

What is Bungie's obsession with these trashy low impact, high rof auto rifles, the necrochasm is complete trash... I feel like they are just lazily nerfing ARs by making them all like this. Ugh I'm getting to my limit with this game...

Any tips for the last part of the pocket infinity bounty, the one where you need 200 kills inside a nightfall with a fusion rifle..... it's going to take forever :( I don't wanna do it.
Start the Nightfall but go elsewhere where you can find a darkness zone and the enemies will be level 30, but you can die and respawn without orbiting. This might not be a great week to do it. When there are Venus strikes, it's super easy. Just go to the academy and archive.

What is Bungie's obsession with these trashy low impact, high rof auto rifles, the necrochasm is complete trash... I fee like they are just lazily nerfing ARs by making them all like this. Ugh I'm getting to my limit with this game...
That just seemed to be their knee-jerk reaction to ARs being good. I scoff at any AR that features high RoF and lo Impact automatically.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
While we're talking about changes:

Destination materials should NOT be CAPPED at 200 per stack. That is nonsensical and just a waste of vault space. Everything else can go as high as needed (have 2k plus of armor pieces) while DM gets capped at 200. Completely illogical; I'm thinking it's some form of vestigial code that needs to be taken out.

I seriously think PS3 and X360 play a part in this
This is my Stockpiles at the moment:
Warlock:
UV3UpHE.jpg

Titan:
Jb8lrqB.jpg

Hunter:
uO390T9.jpg

Vault:
ZxOkVgO.jpg

Look at how much wasted space there is...

Just to make things a little nicer, they vacate enough retail, that an extra 10+ boxes can be added into the Vault for each category

For Characters, remove 5 slots from the Mission Category...
I think the most I had ever in those boxes was 4, FUCKING 4!, what are the other 6 slots for?

I rather they bump up Materials to 20-25 slots if they want to keep Destination @200 per
Drop Missions down to 5
Bump Consumables to 20
Keep Bounties @10

With every new Expansion more stuff will be getting added, this needs to evolve also

noomi

Vex if you have it.

Go to instanced areas that aren't part of the Strike. That way if you die you won't be booted to Orbit. Like this week go inside the other buildings.

+1 for using Vex.

not really. this week is omnigul and there are like 5 bajillion thralls. a run and a half should do it. I got over 150 kills on nf this morning and didnt even have the most kills in the fireteam.

Oh shit! Completely forgot that I can use the vex for this! It will make it 100 times easier, I think I'll do the omnigul nf a few times, that part where the thralls just pour out at you in the beginning, die do it again.

Nice, now I got a plan. I'm on it!

EL CUCO

Thanks to the gafers who let join ce with them. First time iv done the raid.

Got song of ir. Is it any good? Looks kinda crap. My harms way with field scout looks better tbh.
I've learned to like it. Stability is all over the place so you'll have to burst fire at times, but it's strength is against Hive Majors and Knights that put up wall of darkness.

Periodical bugged ruin wings discussion. Pls Bunjie HALP.

Here are a few posts of people experiencing issues with their ruin wings. Yes, when they work, they are FANFKNTASTIC. However, sometimes they completely stop working, almost as if they are preventing you from getting any heavy at all (sort of like the heavy ammo bug that currently exists). Yes, we know it's RNG, however players often experience entire strikes with 0 (yes, ZERO) heavy ammo drops. See below:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGa...titans_bugged/
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGa...y_ammo_in_the/
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGa...for_teammates/
http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/84676087/0/0
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/716732-destiny/70841949
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/704532-destiny/70811371
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGa...gs_needs_help/
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGa...lse_have_this/
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGa...he_ruin_wings/
https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/84256995/0/0
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2pu9ha/ruin_wings_bugged/

This guy says you have to log out of destiny to fix them, but I have not tested yet:

https://www.bungie.net/sr/Forum/Post/86001925/0/0

Many people claim unequipping then re-equipping them fixes them. I haven't found much success with this. It seems some "bug" or glitch happens at some point causing them to stop working all-together and at other points the issue may correct itself.

Most here, again, will say "no it's just RNG" or "mine work fine"... yes it appears some players have better experiences than other. But I would just ask that someone at least look into it and see if they are indeed "working as intended" or if there is an actual bug associated with this armor piece.

Thank you and good evening. Try the veal. Tip your waitresses, etc etc.

Yeah, I don't mind if it works sometimes and doesn't the other times, but it seems that when it doesn't work, it actually blocks heavy drops. I have gone through entire Undying Mind without a single heavy ammo drop and had to pop a few synths, which is fking embarrassing when you're wearing Ruin Wings.

I said I prefer. Doesn't mean excluding other people. Half the people in my current party without Gjally. Just because i prefer it doesn't make me 'that guy'.

2 hours of bullshit and glitches yesterday doesn't make me a very patient person now

Dude, I don't blame you. I wasted 3 hours this morning just on Crota. At this point I'm only looking for experienced players that COMMUNICATE, with Gjallas, synthesis, etc. I just want the fang so I can be done with the BS and take my frustrations out on NM Crota.

There are just too many things that can go wrong in this encounter out of your control to settle for anything less.

Dude, I don't blame you. I wasted 3 hours this morning just on Crota. At this point I'm only looking for experienced players that COMMUNICATE, with Gjallas, synthesis, etc. I just want the fang so I can be done with the BS and take my frustrations out on NM Crota.

Exactly. When sword dissapears every other fucking run or the loss of a bit of damage screws you up, you can't take the chance

I'd just do the begining part of this week's nightfall and get it over with. There are so many freaking enemies to kill that it should take you no time. Might be quicker than going to another area and finding level 30 stuff to kill

I'm talking about the begining part before Eris says "push forward guardians". I'd use a vex and an arc fusion rifle for shielded enemies. There are over 100 enemies to kill in that begining part

What is Bungie's obsession with these trashy low impact, high rof auto rifles, the necrochasm is complete trash... I feel like they are just lazily nerfing ARs by making them all like this. Ugh I'm getting to my limit with this game...

I hated Auto rifles after the nerf. Just last week I got the Suros, I can see why everyone uses this gun--someone described it as a pre-nerf auto rifle.

hydruxo

I'd just do the begining part of this week's nightfall and get it over with. There are so many freaking enemies to kill that it should take you no time. Might be quicker than going to another area and finding level 30 stuff to kill

Yeah especially if you have the Vex. Just mow down all the thralls, shanks and dregs at the beginning and you'll get there in no time.

I hated Auto rifles after the nerf. Just last week I got the Suros, I can see why everyone uses this gun--someone described it as a pre-nerf auto rifle.
I want the SUROS so bad. It's the only gun that would make me think about shelving my Vex for Crucible. And silly me, I didn't want to spend the coins on it eons ago when Xur had it for sale.

E92 M3

FATEBRING GET. Finally, the beast is mine.

Now, if I'm trying to maximize my chances of getting a Horn, should I do Atheon on normal or hard? I've gotten 4 Vex drops on hard, so I'm assuming I should go normal so something different will drop?

Congrats! Still searching for mine.

Bungie always overcompensates for nerfs and not enough for buffs. Hopefully they get better over time.

I seriously think PS3 and X360 play a part in this
This is my Stockpiles at the moment:
Warlock:
UV3UpHE.jpg

Titan:
Jb8lrqB.jpg

Hunter:
uO390T9.jpg

Vault:
ZxOkVgO.jpg

Look at how much wasted space there is...

Just to make things a little nicer, they vacate enough retail, that an extra 10+ boxes can be added into the Vault for each category

For Characters, remove 5 slots from the Mission Category...
I think the most I had ever in those boxes was 4, FUCKING 4!, what are the other 6 slots for?

I rather they bump up Materials to 20-25 slots if they want to keep Destination @200 per
Drop Missions down to 5
Bump Consumables to 20
Keep Bounties @10

With every new Expansion more stuff will be getting added, this needs to evolve also

Ah nice to see a fellow hoarder lol!

You miss mindlessly shooting at trash mobs in a cave for hours?

The loot cave was a great social gathering - always people there hanging out. Also, when I went afk or to eat, I'd leave my character there and get free stuff. Miss the loot cave too.

EL CUCO

Tonight's going to be a chill night when I get home from work.

Crack open a brewski, run a Nightfall, turn in some bounties to level up my Bad Juju for the Abyss and relax.

Crota stress free :)
Thursday, we're nailing his ass

I want the SUROS so bad. It's the only gun that would make me think about shelving my Vex for Crucible. And silly me, I didn't want to spend the coins on it eons ago when Xur had it for sale.

I was the same way I said fucking paying money for it and right after Xur went away I kept on regretting the decision until it dropped for me. The only primaries I would use in PVP are Suros, Thorn and Hawkmoon. It feels great to just spread all of these weapons across my toons.

Lnkn52

May anyone clarify this… If you beat Crota on HM, you have a chance of a raid primary dropping. If you do it on normal with that same character, do you still get drops on normal too (secondary/heavy raid weapons)?

Deku Tree

Tonight's going to be a chill night when I get home from work.

Crack open a brewski, run a Nightfall, turn in some bounties to level up my Bad Juju for the Abyss and relax.

Crota stress free :)
Thursday, we're nailing his ass

What kind of beer do you like to drink?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
May anyone clarify this… If you beat Crota on HM, you have a chance of a raid primary dropping. If you do it on normal with that same character, do you still get drops on normal too (secondary/heavy raid weapons)?

Beat Crota on Normal... Roll @ Special or Heavy & Exotic
Beat Crota on Hard... Roll @ Primary & Exotic
Beat Crota on Hard w/o Normal... Roll @ 2 Primaries or an Exotic

Iceman829

You miss mindlessly shooting at trash mobs in a cave for hours?

It was the best thing this game offered. No other activity ever had such team cooperation as the loot cave. If you stood in the wrong spot you got warning shots fired your way. Everyone waited patiently to pick up their loot before leaving. It was also great to equip unleveled equipment & weapons and leave my character there while everyone did all the work for me. Aren't we all just mindlessly shooting trash mobs when are aren't getting glitched out by Crota?

noomi

I'm not going to lie. As someone in desperate need of Plasteel Plating, I kind of miss it as an option. My Warlock main is set on Hadronic Essence for life because of it.

I spent a good few hours there when it was first introduced, because of it I have over 1000 class mats for hunters.... never had an issue with running out.

EL CUCO

For the chance of a special or heavy weapon to drop in normal, you have to complete normal first.

If you run through hardmode first, you are technically receiving drops for both difficulties since they stack..even if the loot tables seem to differ a bit.
I've yet to see or hear about anyone receiving a special or heavy weapon in hardmode.

I spent a good few hours there when it was first introduced, because of it I have over 1000 class mats for hunters.... never had an issue with running out.

Now that I think about it, it would be nice if you could convert class mats to other class mats for a cost similar to the Radiant mats.

Top Bottom