• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Crota's not even green.

In honor of this comment I now present: Toasty Wins, Episode 2

Bunny hop like you've never hopped before you magnificent bastard!

yxxrzM.gif

I'm just now hitting Eris rank 3. Is there any method of farming black idols that makes the 5per 1 heavy ammo buy worth it?

I highly doubt it, in terms of time spent per synth earned. 950 glimmer is still "only" 1.5 times around the GK glimmer farm, which is maybe 2 minutes tops with a team of 4+.

I'm just now hitting Eris rank 3. Is there any method of farming black idols that makes the 5per 1 heavy ammo buy worth it?

not really, the best way to farm is still by Awakening the Hive. You get some Black Waxes constantly and with one you make a lot of money to buy some too.

Shito

Icebreaker doesn't make Bungie design encounters around it, plus they had a raid weapon that is a rather decent sometimes better alternative in the Black Hammer when they sold it.
Oh I agree with this.
Still, people were saying Xur would never sell the Horn and Icebreaker ever again. :)
And I always found it stupid to say that: it's not like they can't nerf it / introduce better weapons or stronger enemies that make the weapon less relevant, if really they are afraid of it "breaking" the game a little too much.
Never say never, or something like that...

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Honestly. I play Warframe from time to time, used to play it a lot before Destiny released, and they have a small team working on weekly updates, have played the game last night since a month and the changes they implemented are bigger... i will stop right there. It is not even a point to compare the two, especially when it comes in regards of communicating with their fanbase.

It's hard to believe, but a bunch of crazy Canadians high on maple syrup are doing a better job than Activision backed Bungie.

Finally got the Red Death perk on my Red Death unlocked and equipped. Should come in handy when I do the lamp section in Hard Raid...if I'm lucky

Sullichin

Soloed the lamps with Don't Touch Me. That was fun. Got the fucking gloves for the third time - the only piece of raid gear that has dropped so far. So annoying.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

It's kind of sad how for the lack of a better word, unremarkable CE ended up being. There was no air of mystery or awe that VoG had. Nothing to really discover or figure out. The first two sections aren't particularly inspired. Then you fight a big knight at the end who basically behaves like a boss from house of the dead or some other rail shooter from the late 90ties. If they raised VoG to 32 and upgraded weapon drops to 331 CE would be as quiet as a cemetery.

phen0m24

Gee thanks, Xur! You randomly have the exact same things for sale as a few weeks ago. AND yet somehow you managed to make sure to sell another DLC exotic that nobody wants. And no heavy. I usually buy telemetry but this may be a save the coins week. Barf

We need Xur up for an hour a day like the fusion rifles at the gunsmith. With different inventory every day.

I've been using my new Timurs Lash for over a week now and I have to say I prefer it over Fatebringer.
I have the outlaw perk on it, so reloading faster after precision kills is there.
I have the field scout perk, so the magazine is also equal to fatebringer.
And there is a luck in the chamber perk thats cool sometimes.

But its just makes much more dmg as fatebringer(higher impact and 331 vs 300dmg) and I kinda like the slower firerate.
I miss the explosions but overall I prefer Timurs Lash.

Deku Tree

Xur plz, MOTTM...in case you're not familiar with that abbreviation in the Nile, Mask Of The Third Man.

I'm tired of using my 300 Suros. Just got a Raid (Thanks, Drizz) helm but holding off on upgrading it since no Infusion.

Xur...halp

I guss you need to use some notes and buy some exotic engrams.

I can't believe Nami was right. So horrible.

IHaveIce

Banned
I saved all the hardmodes I been into cause of those gauntlets.
Oh. Maybe I have to get them aswell.
EDIT: nevermind the stats on them are like the worst roll possible lol
HOLY CRAP WHY HASN'T BUNGIE THOUGHT OF THIS?

They did it in Halo! Surely they can add a escape sequence in the next expansion?

Yeah it would be so awesome, a section where a giant pile of thralls keeps following you, or even "darkness" itself.

There are so many possibilities to make the raids even better. Not to begin with strikes, I mean at least the boss fights in Raids aren't just bullet sponges running around, no you have to do something to kill them.

Sullichin

Oh. Maybe I have to get them aswell.
EDIT: nevermind the stats on them are like the worst roll possible lol

Yeah it would be so awesome, a section where a giant pile of thralls keeps following you, or even "darkness" itself.

There are so many possibilities to make the raids even better. Not to begin with strikes, I mean at least the boss fights in Raids aren't just bullet sponges running around, no you have to do something to kill them.

Yeah my dropped Don't Touch Me has 111 DISC, Xur's version isn't great. But I wanted it to solo the lamp section, and it really does make that section very easy. Worth it for that reason but I don't really plan on using them elsewhere much.

lunlunqq

Yeah my dropped Don't Touch Me has 111 DISC, Xur's version isn't great. But I wanted it to solo the lamp section, and it really does make that section very easy. Worth it for that reason but I don't really plan on using them elsewhere much.

Always wondered how it works. It doesn't have a cool down like the other abilities? If you lose your invisibility and get meleed, you turn invisible immediately again?

basically behaves like a boss from house of the dead or some other rail shooter from the late 90ties. If they raised VoG to 32 and upgraded weapon drops to 331 CE would be as quiet as a cemetery.

haha wow, the bolded part gave me a good chuckle. Those were fun games. Very true about VoG, it would be great for new players. CE has felt like a cemetery to me for a while.

HOLY CRAP WHY HASN'T BUNGIE THOUGHT OF THIS?

There was some talk before TDB and CE released that the raid would include a sparrow escape sequence. I have no idea how it got started or if there was any real basis for it besides Halo and fan wish fulfillment.

probably should get Don't Touch Me if only for the first part of the Raid, but eh

I was lucky enough to get a CE hunter helm with Infusion so that + Don't Touch Me is my favorite 32 Hunter build. Great for Crota sword slicing, I can get invis four different ways

-Super
-Crouch
-Blink Strike
-Bitch slapped by a thrall

Pretty sure DTM have a cool down but I think other methods have separate cool downs so it works well for making your approach. Crouch before jumping up if your super invis is going to run out, or save your super invis for later if a thrall hits you trying to grab the sword, etc.

Sullichin

Always wondered how it works. It doesn't have a cool down like the other abilities? If you lose your invisibility and get meleed, you turn invisible immediately again?

If there is a cooldown it is almost immediate. It worked well enough that I didn't really have to consider a cooldown. I died a couple of times when a million thrall were attacking me but that was just bad timing.

I may catch flak for this, but I really think Bungie shouldn't keep upgrading old exotic weapon damage with future updates. They need to quit relying on old weapons because they realize the lack of content is real. I think this would force them to really put effort into creating a bevy of new and exciting things for us to want. I understand everyone loves hawkmoon, the horn, icrebreaker, and all the other favorites, but I think it's time to move on. I don't want to be on Destiny 3 and be like "Man, the Horn is still the best thing out there".

nOoblet16

Well I bought don't touch me and a shard to upgrade it fully. I can retire mask of the third man now as I have the CE helm with infusion. Although MOTTM looks cooler and has higher intellect (but also no discipline).

I want a hunter build with Max intellect and discipline and zero strength.

Lnkn52

I was checking to see if the new Mythocast episode was up. Unfortunately no, but it seems that the link on the OP is broken.

lunlunqq

I may catch flak for this, but I really think Bungie shouldn't keep upgrading old exotic weapon damage with future updates. They need to quit relying on old weapons because they realize the lack of content is real. I think this would force them to really put effort into creating a bevy of new and exciting things for us to want. I understand everyone loves hawkmoon, the horn, icrebreaker, and all the other favorites, but I think it's time to move on. I don't want to be on Destiny 3 and be like "Man, the Horn is still the best thing out there".

You mean we should mainly be using the No Land Beyond and the 4th Hourseshit after the DLC?

Well I bought don't touch me and a shard to upgrade it fully. I can retire mask of the third man now as I have the CE helm with infusion. Although MOTTM looks cooler and has higher intellect (but also no discipline).

I want a hunter build with Max intellect and discipline and zero strength.

As someone who has both of those. I would suggest you keep the MOTTM for HM Crota. Fast attack speed and health from orbs is great. Especially if you are the sword bearer or if you don't have Suros or Red Death.

Note: I haven't tried this but I fully upgraded it last week to give it a go this week. It will definitely make more sense than Dont Touch Me's in that encounter.

Steroyd

No. Unless they're willing to create 20+ exotics every expansion, like fuck are they going to make me move from my Hawkmoon, last word and Gjallarhorn for 4th Horseman, No Land Beyond and Dragon's Breath.

Finally got the elusive first Hardmode Crota kill, ended up 5 manning it as the 6th member was feeding his baby at the time of the try. The kill was a lesson in perserverence as he was killed in timed enrage after 10 minutes.

Footage for anyone that is arsed to watch it. http://youtu.be/3Q3yck1YH7M

And yes the music is sarcastic, epic this was not :p

raindoc

We need Xur up for an hour a day like the fusion rifles at the gunsmith. With different inventory every day.

More RNG, awesome idea...

What we need is a human being (and not a troll) checking a RNG based Xur-Inventory and making adjustments before it goes live, after thinking about it for a moment.
Only DLC gear? -> Big nono (seriously bungie wtf?)
BWU talks about the heavy ammo bug? -> make sure the player base get's some the next day
The same armor piece 4 times in a row? -> hmm, let's see, what item hasn't been sold yet?

raindoc

Jinjo

Hands off my Horns.

What they should do is upgrade the attack values behind the scenes or just keep everything at 300-331. Or add nodes.

Also, every exotic should be as good as horn, hawkmoon, breaker. Those are the only true exotic weapons in the game. The rest are legendaries pretending to be exotics.

noomi

Took the necrochasm out of the vault for some ROC strikes yesterday..... everything.... and I mean everything about this weapon is terrible.

The way it looks, and impact, the low ammo per clip. Worst of all.... it doesn't even have the orange ring around it showing that it's fully upgraded!

Bungie needs to look at these soon, word of crota, black hammer, necrochasm all need to be fixed.

I hope sooner than later, let me enjoy these weapons now, not 1 week before house of wolves please :|

Top Bottom