• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Namikaze1

Who are these people playing still that only have vanilla? Show them to me.
They are not part of DGAF that's for sure but you'll have to take into account the folks over Christmas break and those who bought the game since then. And let's not forgot that quite a-many think the season pass is too much for what little content it offers in terms of missions, strikes, and raids. $20 is too much for just The Dark Below "expansion" standalone.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hi there people.

Level 31 (really...really close to level 32) Titan on PS4

I am looking to get a group together that will run VoG until we get the Flawless Raider trophy?

I don't care if we only do it once a week...or multiple times a week or what have you.

I would just like to put that trophy to bed.

PSN is bigdaddygamebot

Respond here or shoot me a friend request and we can plan.
FWIW, according to Drizzay and others, it's actually easier to run Crota flawless because if nothing else, it's much shorter.

They are not part of DGAF that's for sure but you'll have to take into account the folks over Christmas break and those who bought the game since then. And let's not forgot that quite a-many think the season pass is too much for what little content it offers in terms of missions, strikes, and raids. $20 is too much for just The Dark Below "expansion" standalone.
I feel like the price of Destiny should drop by 20 dollars after every expansion comes out, because clearly buying Destiny without the DLC for 60 bucks is basically a ripoff now.

Hi there people.

Level 31 (really...really close to level 32) Titan on PS4

I am looking to get a group together that will run VoG until we get the Flawless Raider trophy?

I don't care if we only do it once a week...or multiple times a week or what have you.

I would just like to put that trophy to bed.

PSN is bigdaddygamebot

Respond here or shoot me a friend request and we can plan.

Most have moved on to CE normal for flawless attempts. It's much faster/easier. Usually on the weekends a group or two gets together and manages to get it done in about an hour or so.

LiK

the worst decision was locking out my alts who didn't complete the shitty Eris Story missions from doing the NF/Weekly when it's from the Expansion. I already did it with my main so it should be connected to my account, not my character. So stupid.

E92 M3

Hesitant on buying the DTM gauntlets. That stat roll seems pretty low

I bought them just to have for the Abyss - don't have Crota helmet yet.

--

I normally hate Fire Fight, but want it so badly with Destiny. It'll be so fun to just boot up the game and shoot waves of enemies. With Bloodborne having Chalice dungeons, Destiny needs something that is infinitely replayable and rewarding - just nonstop shooting.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
the worst decision was locking out my alts who didn't complete the shitty Eris Story missions from doing the NF/Weekly when it's from the Expansion. I already did it with my main so it should be connected to my account, not my character. So stupid.
Don't worry. You'll get to do it all over again when HoW comes out. Can't miss out on that compelling storyline.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's worse than the last time they were sold. However could be a long time before they're sold again so...
It doesn't matter since you'll have to upgrade them anyway, and at that point the roll could be better or worse. I've learned not to even think about the stats anymore.

Namikaze1

This and the stupid urn quest. I don't wanna fucking do the urn quest again, Bungie!

patchday

FWIW, according to Drizzay and others, it's actually easier to run Crota flawless because if nothing else, it's much shorter.

I feel like the price of Destiny should drop by 20 dollars after every expansion comes out, because clearly buying Destiny without the DLC for 60 bucks is basically a ripoff now.

Honestly I was having fun on Vanilla but I wasn't playing on a daily basis. I'd hop on to do NFs when they were available and took my characters to L31. Plus I still had VoG

Does anyone know if Glowhoo is required to be equipped in order for you to have a chance of a crux drop? Also, is anyone else running HM Crota today or this weekend? I need 2 more clears.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Honestly I was having fun on Vanilla but I wasn't playing on a daily basis. I'd hop on to do NFs when they were available and took my characters to L31. Plus I still had VoG
I guess if you're playing casually, it doesn't matter. But when HoW comes out, you can assume that on average, 4 out of the 7 dailies per week will be DLC only and 2 out of the 4 NFs per month will be DLC only (based on how they handled CE).

I just read the Weekly Update (I was exceptionally busy yesterday evening). So, 1,314 words and the only piece of worthwhile information is the heavy ammo bug is being fixed (I did it in 6 words, see?). Typical Deej is Deej. What about all of the other bugs going on? Ugh, I just can't understand what the motivation here is, in regards to not discussing the other things with Destiny that are equally as important.

When you are a swordbearer, don't forget your sword.

upload_convert.gif
Haha, I was just hasty because I was using my lock, which I suck with when jumping and didn't want the sword to run out on me again.

E92 M3

Does anyone know if Glowhoo is required to be equipped in order for you to have a chance of a crux drop? Also, is anyone else running HM Crota today or this weekend? I need 2 more clears.

Glowhoo doesn't need to be equipped, but you need to get it as a drop on your character I believe.

Running Crota HM is gonna be a nightmare next week.

I'm not even going to bother. I'm tired of wasting my time grinding for glimmer to buy heavy synthesis that gets wasted when I spend 3-4 hours trying to kill Crota only to not do so. I don't even want to know how many hours I wasted this week on Crota with nothing to show for my time.

Just gonna work on leveling my weapons, then weeklies and crucible until HoW. Fang and Crux have reached the point that they are no longer worth my time.

Edit: Crux had never been worth my time.

noomi

Black Hammer is fine

Absolutely sucks there is no heavy ammo, but I am happy with Don't Touch Me and Mask upgrade - needed those.

lolwut?

It's the best legendary sniper rifle in the game. 95% of the time I have the BH equipped.

I think word of Crota is near the top of the list for best legendary handcannon. Really like it. Black hammer is the only sniper I use anymore.

Nightfall anyone? Invite me- sandboxgod

Something wrong with Black Hammer? seems pretty good too me so far

Sorry guys, should have been a bit more clear. When I meant they need to fix black hammer, I meant the perk hive disruptor that breaks the ammo refill perk, same with word of crota.

They are great weapons, just the perks need fixin' ;)

This is what its come to. I bought a glove exotic engram just to feel any shred of excitement from Xur this weekend. Didn't really even need it, the only gloves I don't have are Sunbreakers and I would seldom even use those. Ugh. I guess getting a second character to 32 can be my weekend goal. It blows we are a month away from any meaningful changes to this game. So many things are still broken. Yes it was refreshing to hear they know how awful their code is in plain English, but they also failed to mention how glitched to fuck their beloved new hard-means-hard Crota's End raid is.

It has to be a skeleton crew actually still working on Destiny 1, the majority of which are prioritizing DLC and how to assure the changes maximize the incentive to buy it, not enjoy it. The rest have fucked off to Destiny 2. I hate the patronizing tone everyone takes when someone complains about something needing to be fixed quicker. "Oh, I'm sorry are you a programmer?" No, I'm not. But I have watched countless other games, equally or exceedingly more complex, with way fucking smaller budgets and teams than Destiny get larger patches done much quicker, more frequently and with a shit load more transparency and a lot less condescension from the devs. If they actually thought any of the things we have been complaining about for months were a big deal, they could have fixed them if they wanted to. But that requires them spending their money, and why would they want to do that when minor fixes don't = more sales? There is no way Bungie doesn't have the resources and talent to resolve the majority of our laundry list. Those resources are just working on the expansion/sequel whatever it turns out to be to get another $60 (probably will actually be $90 again) from us. This is fine for a company to want to maximize revenue, but I am done with hearing people pretend that some how Destiny has reached the fucking singularity with code complexity that simply cannot be resolved or adjusted in a timely manner.

I'm sorry for the cynicism but I am sick of them telling us that they value our time, our money and us as a community, but then all of their actions being the complete polar opposite of that. If they came out and said, "fuck ya'll, it would be a relief. But no, everything with this game is a carrot on a stick. From the loot system to the way they talk to their community. Yeah you feel like you are wading in the same pool of shit, but I promise the good stuff is right around the corner. CE HM put a lot of us on the brink, but I can definitely see HoW being a genuine breaking point. Not just a bunch of heated posts on GAF, but walking away from this game completely, and unfortunately the community and never coming back. I know I am certainly leaning that way if some major changes aren't made leading up to and at the launch of HoW. It is such shame because not only the potential Destiny has, but how great the community is that has formed around it, all willing it to become this better and more exciting game. We are on your side Bungie, but we all have our limits.

Sorry for the rant, but it does help to get this stuff off your chest sometimes. It sucks feeling frustrated about a hobby that functions primarily as a stress reliever in your day to day life.

Shito

I'm not even going to bother.
This sums up my past weeks with the game quite perfectly.
With all the stupid decisions Bungie is making time and time again, even if they're usually pretty small or not that important, I'm starting to think "why even bother"...

I guess if you're playing casually, it doesn't matter. But when HoW comes out, you can assume that on average, 4 out of the 7 dailies per week will be DLC only and 2 out of the 4 NFs per month will be DLC only (based on how they handled CE).

btw you were right man. Not having a Gjallarhorn means we have the benefit of not worrying over synths. Let the rest of our raid mates worry about synths :p

Namikaze1

Don't need Glowhoo equipped. It's just a random drop.

Glowhoo doesn't need to be equipped, but you need to get it as a drop on your character I believe.
Nope. You don't even need to have Glowhoo drop. I can't remember which gaffer it was but they got the crux on their first HM completion.

yea, that stupid green indicator is there forever for my alts.
Same here. I wish we could turn that stupid indicator off.

LiK

I just read the Weekly, glad the heavy weapon ammo glitch was discussed in detail. Too bad we didn't get any updates about the CE raid weapon perk glitches.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sorry guys, should have been a bit more clear. When I meant they need to fix black hammer, I meant the perk hive disruptor that breaks the ammo refill perk, same with word of crota.

They are great weapons, just the perks need fixin' ;)
Given how much problems they seem to be having fixing the Heavy Ammo bug, I doubt they'll be able to fix Hive Disruptor any time soon. And since HoW is like 6 weeks away and those weapons will be obsolete, they might not even bother.

yea, that stupid green indicator is there forever for my alts.
At least the Urn quest gives you five motes? lol

btw you were right man. Not having a Gjallarhorn means we have the benefit of not worrying over synths. Let the rest of our raid mates worry about synths :p
Said that weeks ago! On my three characters, I still have like 80 synths that I've just collected since the game launched. No reason to use them. lol

purg3

slept with Malkin
I just read the Weekly, glad the heavy weapon ammo glitch was discussed in detail. Too bad we didn't get any updates about the CE raid weapon perk glitches.

I just read it also and I'm glad. But it's pretty bad that when I first saw the banner image for the weekly update with all the heavy ammo, I immediately thought they were going to nerf heavy ammo drop method of emptying your primary and heavy that has popped up lately.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What's the current roll like? The first time he sold them, the roll was Discipline +91/97. Can't remember what the rollers the second time he sold though I do remember them being just a bit lower than the first.
The current roll is shit. Pretty much the bare minimum for gloves at like 88 or whatever.

But again, you will need to upgrade them anyway, so it doesn't matter either way.

LiK

Same. I'll finish both this weekend. I can't stand the green indicator but I also don't wanna loose bounty space.

I might do that since all my guys are 32 now so it should be a breeze. maybe just listen to some podcasts while I do them.

What's the current roll like? The first time he sold them, the roll was Discipline +91/97. Can't remember what the roll was the second time he sold though I do remember them being just a bit lower than the first.

yea, i'm curious too. The Stand Asides he sold last week had much lower stats than the ones I bought the first time he had them.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I think it has been roughly 1.5 month since for the first time in a long fucking time, I'm almost Bounty free

Only have 5 left to do on my Titan, and all 3 of my Characters will have caught up to Reset
Hell I even double bounty today on my Hunter to push the leveling a little faster

Now I have 32 Warlock, 32 Hunter, and a 31.5 Titan (needs 42 R.Shards (have 7 at the moment, can swap 80+ R. Energy, but Glimmer Grind...) for Body + Better Roll on new boots, too much DIS still

I only have 30 Heroic Weekly to run on each of my Characters, maybe a VoG or 2 from Oracles till GK, then I have nothing to do in Destiny till Tuesday reset barring Bounty hunting

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just read it also and I'm glad. But it's pretty bad that when I first saw the banner image for the weekly update with all the heavy ammo, I immediately thought they were going to nerf heavy ammo drop method of emptying your primary and heavy that has popped up lately.
I assume this would be easily fixed if they just nerfed the Icebreaker by slowing the recharge rate or made the automatic ammo regen happen faster.

Top Bottom