• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Deku Tree

GAFfers did this first ages ago. Team Epic Sax bubble train + Unknown837 as a hunter.

Also someone found HoW content in the base game again :/

7zLQ4VX.jpg

Lot more here.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2umska/house_of_wolves_dlc_release_date_in_may_19/

May 19? They are really gonna make us wait that long for finished content?

I'm sure this has been answered before but....

If I do hard crota first, then go back and do normal, do I still have a chance at normal raid weapon rolls (black hammer, hunger, light...etc?)

I don't need anymore weapons, just curious really. At least I can shard them for something if I run to help people out later.

Nope, HM will exhaust your normal roll as well as hard.

Well There is 1 new mode or maybe I just never seem this gun before
Wait, HoW is May now?
Well there is a few months of very very thin content and with the majority of players
That I play regularly with already burnt out
ready to drop this game.

edit: maybe its also good for the burnt out people to regain their desires to play..but bloodborne..

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm fine with it coming out in May. Plenty of games to play before then and I don't like how fast things get outdated. They could still update things out now and improve the experience instead of piling up bad things one after another.

E92 M3

I'm fine with it coming out in May. Plenty of games to play before then and I don't like how fast things get outdated. They could still update things out now and improve the experience instead of piling up bad things one after another.

Well according to Luke, our gear shouldn't get outdated. I am hopeful!

Deku Tree

Quit it.

No!

Bad Deku Tree. Bad.

If it has a new attack stat, it's new. (Not to me, personally. I just realize this is how marketing is going to run with it.)

I'm just the guy who read the reddit thread and posted it here... I'm not going to be playing a lot of video games in May
because I have a second child due a few weeks earlier.

May? Oh wow. No way there's enough content to last that long.

#BBGAF

If it's really May 19 for HoW then I guess it's going to be BB.

I feel like I have already grinded TDB content to the ground and I have almost everything I want... Crota HM under leveled with all the glitches often feels like a chore.

Daemul

The thing is though, the reason why there was so much outcry about base weapons and armour being made outdated so quickly, was because raid weapons and armour were much rarer drops. People hadn't reached level 30 or gotten many of the raid weapons by the time the TDB came out.

This, however, is not the case with TDB. Drop rates for raid armour and weapons has been increased, and many people have already collected everything, something which did not happen with the base game and VoG.

If Bungie wanted a 5 month gap, then they should have made drop rates similar to the base game and VoG, so that people would still have a reason to play.

Homeboyd

I should have just said #ForeverNothingButSongOfIrYut since I have received 7 of that, and nothing else from Normal mode.
This is me. I have every possible exotic/raid gun in the game except for Song of Ir Yut and Thunderlord. EVERY SINGLE OTHER ONE, but those two. And now no one plays normal anymore so I really won't get it.

Ok GMT Gaf,

We have 5 for around 7:30 ish GMT to do 3 HM Crota runs.

We just need a solid sword bearer to join us (Drizzayyyyy / iRarw where are youuuu lol)

I believe the team is all 32's

let me know if anyone else is interested with your setup if anyone drops etc.

PSN: MandrakeUK

Lol, wow poor Archon Priest, he didn't stand a chance. Archon + Solar Burn + Black Hammer = dead man shuffle. It took me three times longer just clearing the pre boss ads than it did to kill him. Just one big Black Hammer combo with stun lock. Ahhh, felt good to solo a NF again. What a great week of NF and Weeklies. If only I had Hand of Crota for the void burn part.

damn, nobody is interested in doing a weekly with me. what am i doing wrong??? are people only interested in nightfall/raids?

i'll just stick to my tiger strikes for now.

People like to do Nightfall first so you get the bonus. And a good amount of people like to hold off on weeklies until later. It usually goes raids -> Nightfalls (or vice versa) -> weekly in terms of order of important.

I'm just the guy who read the reddit thread and posted it here... I'm not going to be playing a lot of video games in May

Sorry, I was specifically referring to the "already finished content" part of your post.

You should know that content isn't finished. Especially considering Crota's End isn't really finished... just like VoG isn't finished.

vendor gear with 39 max light?

Yup not gonna bother going after the last 32 pieces from Crota

It would be safe to assume that these values were put in before Luke made his post here, and thus are simply placeholder values.

Ok GMT Gaf,

We have 5 for around 7:30 ish GMT to do 3 HM Crota runs.

We just need a solid sword bearer to join us (Drizzayyyyy / iRarw where are youuuu lol)

I believe the team is all 32's

let me know if anyone else is interested with your setup if anyone drops etc.

PSN: MandrakeUK
I have classes in ~3 hours, should get some reading done instead of browsing gaf :p but I won't be back home and able to get online for another ~6 hours. Pm drizzay for sword bearing help. But it is day time for us so he might not be on :p

Edit:

If it's really May 19 for BB then I guess it's going to be BB.
congrats for the kid :) I always enjoy kids :p and bloodborne is out March 24

Deku Tree

Well There is 1 new mode or maybe I just never seem this gun before
Well there is a few months of very very thin content and with the majority of players
That I play regularly with already burnt out
ready to drop this game.

edit: maybe its also good for the burnt out people to regain their desires to play..but bloodborne..

Weird that legendary weapons now have base unupgraded 300 attack with HoW but purple armor still has 18 light to start. TDB tower purple armor starts at 24 light...

Bradach

There should be a system where you can trade items in Nightfall and reward sections of raids, etc. If they aren't going to give us a full trade system they should at least do that.

Yes, Diablo 3 has a good system where you can trade legendaries with the people who were on your team when you got them provided you do it within 2 hours.
A system like that wouldn't interfere with their idea of being able to "tell a badass story for every sweet jewel in your arsenal" because you would have been there.

IHaveIce

Banned
This is me. I have every possible exotic/raid gun in the game except for Song of Ir Yut and Thunderlord. EVERY SINGLE OTHER ONE, but those two. And now no one plays normal anymore so I really won't get it.

I would always play normal with you. <3

In fact Xb1 peeps I have a Crota normal CP if somebody wants to help me out

Homeboyd

I would always play normal with you. <3

In fact Xb1 peeps I have a Crota normal CP if somebody wants to help me out
Yeah I just mean we usually always run and get HM done first so I can't run normal after. Most people are still hunting hard mode drops but there's nothing left for me there so I just need normal. If I can get the song, I'll be done with normal forever.

Save a normal CP if you would?

Id be down too...still no black hammer or hunger of crota for me. If we Can get a group we can take him down easy

When did u wanna run it? I'm free most of the day.

Who else is up for a couple Normal Crota Kills? Anyone have the checkpoint?

1. grimlock33
2. Greenymac

I'm pretty sure this is wrong just like them saying that you need Glowhoo or that you can get the Crux by playing it multiple times that week. I will let you know later though. We knocked out 3 normal Crota CP to see if I can get HoC and will do hard in a few hours.

Its not true. I got my crux last week after having cleared normal earlier in the week with a group of friends.

Greenymac

When did u wanna run it? I'm free most of the day.

Who else is up for a couple Normal Crota Kills? Anyone have the checkpoint?

1. grimlock33
2. Greenymac

Im around all day but would likevto do it soon, I have a buddy whod help so that would make us 3

Edit. He went offline, so its just us....

Midas

Haha, May 19th must be wrong. What do they expect us to play until then if it would be true? At least we'll have Bloodborne.

Ambitious

Sorry, I was specifically referring to the "already finished content" part of your post.

You should know that content isn't finished. Especially considering Crota's End isn't really finished... just like VoG isn't finished.

It would be safe to assume that these values were put in before Luke made his post here, and thus are simply placeholder values.

I'm not giving Bungie the benefit of doubt anymore. I expect those values to be final. Regarding not repeating the mistake of "vendor gear invalidating the efforts of raiders": We'll probably be able to trade in raid gear for HoW commendations in order to buy HoW vendor gear. Some shit like that.

Top Bottom