• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah, can be online in about half an hour if you can wait.

I can join for 35 PoE, in about 30-40 mins.

I'll wait. Will bring my 33 hunter. I'll be good for stealth dismantling and reviving and such. 365 Fatebringer and Horn still hurts 35 enemies.

Will do weeklies and bounties in mean time.

I'm going to start dismantling non-rare and non used weapons now. They gave us more vault space but it's not even close to being enough for all this new content.

Gala

The last Tanniks encounter with only two and one of them 30 is really hard. Anyone willing to help us out? We wiped the second time now

raindoc

My To-do list:

• Trials - The (chest) armor for my Warlock is a must-have for me. With all the boosts equipped, that should be doable. Unfortunately none of my non-gaf friends play PvP in Destiny, so I'm really counting on you folks.
  • PoE 35 with my Titan (34)
  • PoE 32 and at least 34 with my Hunter

I can. Thanks Ruthless!

No worries.

Could I get in on this on my Warlock?

I'm a 34 titan so we'll have a mix of 3 classes, shouldn't be an issue as long as everyone spams the horn on Skolas :p

I'll wait. Will bring my 33 hunter. I'll be good for stealth dismantling and reviving and such. 365 Fatebringer and Horn still hurts 35 enemies.

Will do weeklies and bounties in mean time.

I'm going to start dismantling non-rare and non used weapons now. They gave us more vault space but it's not even close to being enough for all this new content.

True, I have no space at all. Have to get rid of unused legendaries and dismantle exotics I don't use.

Raybunny

My To-do list:

• Trials - The (chest) armor for my Warlock is a must-have for me. With all the boosts equipped, that should be doable. Unfortunately none of my non-gaf friends play PvP in Destiny, so I'm really counting on you folks.
  • PoE 35 with my Titan (34)
  • PoE 32 and at least 34 with my Hunter

My To-Do list:

Farm 2 treasure keys
PoE 35 with Hunter 34
PoE 35 with Warlock 34

Lace

Just went 7-1 in Trials before group disbanded. I'm down to play more but would always prefer a group who party chats.

Psn: reaperchad

lupin23rd

The last Tanniks encounter with only two and one of them 30 is really hard. Anyone willing to help us out? We wiped the second time now

Gotta switch my gear over to another character but could help out if you still need it.

PSN is lupin23rd

Stantron

At 35 skolas with 33 and 34 titans.
We made it to him but are having trouble.
Any expert who knows how to help can join?
We've been at it for a couple hours, just wanna get it done.

Did PoE 28 for the first time with my Warlock, was super excited to see what exotic I was gonna be getting..

Got No Land Beyond.

That's enough Destiny for me for the rest of my life(till tomorrow).

Theorry

So proud.

At 35 skolas with 33 and 34 titans.
We made it to him but are having trouble.
Any expert who knows how to help can join?
We've been at it for a couple hours, just wanna get it done.

if you are trying the 45 second kill strat its not as easy as the videos make it look. First there is a bit of luck involved, if he comes too close to you guys (especially walking up into the stairs area) its almost certainly a wipe. You can mitigate this somewhat by firing rockets at him ASAP, they sort of stagger him and keep him from running up too far forward but luck is involved. If you wait too long though he almost certainly will always run up and smash your face in, one person should be in charge of shotgunning servitor while other 2 get into position (with bubble) and fire rockets immediately.

Second you can wipe easy just by having a shank (or teammate) run in front as you are firing a rocket, it helps establishing positions early but not against NPCs.

Third its really dependent on people firing their rockets as fast as possible, you need to down him before the first mine is at 15 seconds or the mines will wipe you. You can try to get around this by having one person start heading to the mines at 12-15 secs but then you have less dmg on him and that person is exposed to crossfire. You can of course opt to split the strat and galla him to 20-50% then go deal with the mines and swap poison and then return to rocketing him, but again the adds can murder you without titan bubbles.

Lastly while it is doable with 2 gallas and a hunger its pretty tough with even just 3 gjallahorns, takes a lot of practice in getting that rapid launching of rockets smoothly done between 3 people. Also be sure to aim the rockets in, they seem to land much faster and reliably rather than hipfiring. As people have noted as well, blessing of light is fine don't need weapons the boost they give gjalla is trivial (like 3290 to 3406 initial impact, no change on wolf packs).

Lastly it is easier with 2 titans since the first bubble will almost always run out (even with bastion) right at the end, unless your group is really fast with firing rockets.

Few quick questions for you guys:

1. I have a couple etheric light to bring my Warlock up to 34. Should I be leveling up armor that helps me with PoE 35 (strength over discipline) or leveling up the armor I use for PVP (discipline over strength) to help me with ToO and Iron Banner?

2. As a sort of follow up, what's the difference between being 33 and 34 in ToO and Iron Banner? I've always been max whenever I've played Iron Banner.

3. Is there any way to get rid of (special) ammo synth aside from using it one by one?

Thanks!

Damn really? I was hoping it was 34 or 35.

Either way I still need to run both. Maybe when I get home if there's anyone up for it.

I thought people said the exotic bounties could drop from Lv34 or even Lv32 PoE bosses? Don't have one myself so can't confirm but pretty sure people had posted that with pictures of it popping from the 34 boss.

I know elemental primaries only drop from Skolas but I think that's it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ummm. What the hell happened there? We started a match and won right away. Not that I'm complaining. Bulletproof came up.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
my first legendary engram turned out to be a shotgun, judgment iv or vi I dunno. Was hoping for a legendary sniper, oh well! Still nice to finally have a legandary weapon even though I'm not going to use it with this character.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Dumb question, but if I got enough wins to get the chest in ToO, could I give that chest to another character or is it "soft-locked" to that class so you can't swap it?

Dumb question, but if I got enough wins to get the chest in ToO, could I give that chest to another character or is it "soft-locked" to that class so you can't swap it?

Do you mean the chest piece or the Lighthouse chest after going 9-0?
Either way it's tied to one character, as you need the ticket to get both and you can't transfer the ticket afaik.

Ken

You can swap them but afaik you can only buy the chest for whatever job you did the passage on so unless you roll multiples of the same it's useless.

Also you can buy multiple chests and weapons from the vendor.

duck_sauce

Somehow im stuck onlevel 29. Havent hadthe chance to do raids yet and without that it seems very hard to get to level 20....not to speakof level 32 and beyond.

Any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom