• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

420bits

33 lock lfg either 34 PoE or ToO (im not supermegaawesome at pvp so if you expect 9-0 you got some carrying todo ;P )

PSN: inco, just add or msg me

Got an interesting helmet from Xur's engram for my hunter.

11334250_1114911758525126_4373346788176828313_o.jpg

Welp, went 9-1 with a blueberry from LFG in-tow. Should have known better than to play Trials this late, mostly only try-hards are on at this time lol.

But I can't be mad, got lots of cool shit, solar AR, the rocket launcher, Titan/ Hunter chests, Hunter helmet, two pieces from the straight fugly ToO armor set that drops post-match and tons of EL (I guess I have no excuse anymore not to commit and use some on my old PVP gear).

I don't understand the thought process behind locking elemental primaries for pvp. Elemental damage has no purpose in crucible.

never thought about that but yeah that doesn't make much sense

i want a solar version of that jewel or osiris.. has anyone seen the prison of elders hand cannon yet?

I don't understand the thought process behind locking elemental primaries for pvp. Elemental damage has no purpose in crucible.
Doesn't Skolas drop them? It's just really rare. Tbh, ToO is a littttttle ridic with its reward payout but you gotta work for those wins a lot more than killing Skolas imo.

Readvacancy

Neo Member
jvhr2sll.jpg

I did it. I've ascended to the 1%. My group was randoms and we cleaned house. Playing Trials has been the funnest activity so far. I'll be trying on my Titan tomorrow if anyone is looking for a partner.

First match of ToO: all three of us spawn into our own completely EMPTY map, stand around until Overtime, no capture point spawns and the other team somehow caps it and wins. Exact same thing happens second round so we have to leave and discard our card.

Is this some lag switch BS? How does that happen? Other team kept waving and we could see the text pop up but no people anywhere to be seen.

First match of ToO: all three of us spawn into our own completely EMPTY map, stand around until Overtime, no capture point spawns and the other team somehow caps it and wins. Exact same thing happens second round so we have to leave and discard our card.

Is this some lag switch BS? How does that happen? Other team kept waving and we could see the text pop up but no people anywhere to be seen.

wow pvp has already been cheesed

People are getting shady. The Honeymoon was this morning when the casuals out numbered the dudes willing to do anything for a win.

Dude I met on LFG claimed he experienced his team getting booted to Orbit twice, it counted as a loss regardless if you had the boon or not. There's also a thread on reddit about it already.

oh my god i need it
Looks basically the same as the new Exodus tbh, just larger blast radius but less velocity. Still won't be shit once I use my EL on one of my Steel Oracles.

How do you get the Trials armor that's not for sale this week? Is it dropping after the match?

8 wins package drops either a trials weapon or piece of gear. Stuff that drops from matches is 36 light and looks similar to old vendor gear. Isn't Egyptian themed

So what's the general consensus on best Trials primary? Hand Cannon or Scout?

I'm curious about the longevity of ToO. Of course it was the first day, so everyone wants to experience the new thing per se. However, what happens in a few weeks when everyone has the gear they want? Who's going to be left playing it? Most of the hardcore pvpers are just smashing everyone, that gets old, for both sides. The players that just did it for the gear won't play anymore. However, since the more hardcore types will probably stick around, this should lead to more competitive matches in the future, maybe.

I'm curious about the longevity of ToO. Of course it was the first day, so everyone wants to experience the new thing per se. However, what happens in a few weeks when everyone has the gear they want? Who's going to be left playing it? Most of the hardcore pvpers are just smashing everyone, that gets old, for both sides. The players that just did it for the gear won't play anymore. However, since the more hardcore types will probably stick around, this should lead to more competitive matches in the future, maybe.

idk. I'm far from great at PvP, but trials is the most fun I've had in PvP ever. I may never get to mercury, but I'm just having fun with the mode so I can definitely see myself playing this on a consistent basis jus cuz.

Ikkarus

I think the fact it drops Ethric Light more commonly will keep people playing it more and more plus the chance for the Exotic bounty to pop will keep people playing it more and more.

So fucking close to flawless ToO. Got into a really good group. We went 9-1. I didn't have the coins prior for the Mercy Boon, but someone else on my fireteam did so they went to Mercury by themselves. :(

Oh well, got some good loot and leveled up to 34 on my Warlock. Nearing in on all 34.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom