• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Somehow im stuck onlevel 29. Havent hadthe chance to do raids yet and without that it seems very hard to get to level 20....not to speakof level 32 and beyond.

Any tips?

Farm marks and buy vendor gear. That'll get you to 32 alone. Buy 3 pieces and ascend an exotic armor if you have one.

If I'm ever on when you are, let me know if you need help with ToO. Think I handled myself pretty well today with my first-ever time playing PvP Sunsinger.

...even though we didn't get to go to Mercury.

Rosso, Izuna and I just got destroyed. A game of Thorns indeed.

well today was a hell of a day

• logged on hyped for trials of osiris, paid Xur a visit and rolled Nighthawk on first engram
  • missed a spot with main group so i got stuck with reserves. lost ONE game but otherwise wrecked everyone
  • got epic loot drops - auto rifle, pulse rifle (lol) and that sniper though. actually the stability sucks so i'm having a hard time getting used to it
  • attempted to level up my titan before i got bored and switched to story on warlock.
  • carried some scrubs ;)
  • played with main team and went undefeated because all the tryhards got scared AND GOT ICEBREAKER YUS and a bunch of emblems, ships and armor
  • took a break and got teabagged by skolas
  • played sweaties and OMG MY K/D RATIO FUCK YOUR HOST LASTWORD

'twas a very perspiring day of destiny with lots of loots and etheric stuff. and that lighthouse space is gorgeous. tomorrow should be interesting

i'm so salty about those new PvP maps because otherwise this is a solid expansion. those maps almost completely killed it and i still am not overly fond of Prison of Psion Waves

And weasel error after this game. Great timing. As long as it doesn't happen mid-game, it can kick me all the way back to birth for all I care.

Stantron

if you are trying the 45 second kill strat its not as easy as the videos make it look. First there is a bit of luck involved, if he comes too close to you guys (especially walking up into the stairs area) its almost certainly a wipe. You can mitigate this somewhat by firing rockets at him ASAP, they sort of stagger him and keep him from running up too far forward but luck is involved. If you wait too long though he almost certainly will always run up and smash your face in, one person should be in charge of shotgunning servitor while other 2 get into position (with bubble) and fire rockets immediately.

Second you can wipe easy just by having a shank (or teammate) run in front as you are firing a rocket, it helps establishing positions early but not against NPCs.

Third its really dependent on people firing their rockets as fast as possible, you need to down him before the first mine is at 15 seconds or the mines will wipe you. You can try to get around this by having one person start heading to the mines at 12-15 secs but then you have less dmg on him and that person is exposed to crossfire. You can of course opt to split the strat and galla him to 20-50% then go deal with the mines and swap poison and then return to rocketing him, but again the adds can murder you without titan bubbles.

Lastly while it is doable with 2 gallas and a hunger its pretty tough with even just 3 gjallahorns, takes a lot of practice in getting that rapid launching of rockets smoothly done between 3 people. Also be sure to aim the rockets in, they seem to land much faster and reliably rather than hipfiring. As people have noted as well, blessing of light is fine don't need weapons the boost they give gjalla is trivial (like 3290 to 3406 initial impact, no change on wolf packs).

Lastly it is easier with 2 titans since the first bubble will almost always run out (even with bastion) right at the end, unless your group is really fast with firing rockets.
Down to a fucking sliver twice. Waiting for ammo to recharge for a third... o_O

LiK

Finally did all those Petra wanted bounties. Waiting for them was pretty annoying. So many randoms camping the spots like me lol

Also, 365 FB is godly

Great Skolas kill with a team of all Hunters and only 2 Horns, killed him in time to defuse first mine wave. Shout out to Camokid and Fahlco!

Horn = irrelevant, confirmed.

Few quick questions for you guys:

1. I have a couple etheric light to bring my Warlock up to 34. Should I be leveling up armor that helps me with PoE 35 (strength over discipline) or leveling up the armor I use for PVP (discipline over strength) to help me with ToO and Iron Banner?

2. As a sort of follow up, what's the difference between being 33 and 34 in ToO and Iron Banner? I've always been max whenever I've played Iron Banner.

3. Is there any way to get rid of (special) ammo synth aside from using it one by one?

Thanks!

1.) I'd prioritize ToO gear first since tiny can get way more ELight than in PoE, at least 4 per run I think compared to 1 in 35 PoE. Once you've got that you can ascend lots of stuff.

2.) From what I've heard Lv33 is fine, similar to one level down in IB.

3.) Nope, only 5 min at a time unless you get offered the Invective bounty. If you go key farming make sure your consumable inventory is full and you won't pick up any more, so that's something at least.

Lace

7-2 right now with my scorecard. Had to cool off after 2 losses in a row. If anyone has a good group hit me up :> looking to finish strong.
Psn:reaperchad.

So those of you who are struggling with Trials of Osiris and are about to tear your hair out, you're welcome to play with me tomorrow. I'll do my best to play with as many of you as possible. I might not be able to carry entire groups through 9 rounds all the time but I'll be on and able to play. I also want to try and raid and finish Skolas sometime this weekend.

PSN: TwilightGap

Just send me a message or FR [and let me know you're from GAF]. I'll post again when I can start playing.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
So those of you who are struggling with Trials of Osiris and are about to tear your hair out, you're welcome to play with me tomorrow. I'll do my best to play with as many of you as possible. I might not be able to carry entire groups through 9 rounds all the time but I'll be on and able to play. I also want to try and raid and finish Skolas sometime this weekend.

Just send me a message or FR [and let me know you're from GAF]. I'll post again when I can start playing.
Me!!! Carry me zoba.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Got this. And of course all the rewards at the vendor.

iJkC9lmILV4dP.png

Got enough Etheric to bring my hunter to 34. Now I can join with Ruffy on POE 35 as a 34. Also gave me more passage coins. Going to use that for my hunter tomorrow on another Trials run.

I'm actually doing a lot better in Trials than I thought I would.

LiK

I did pretty well with my second card, 4-0 currently. It's not too bad. I'll join you tomorrow.

well today was a hell of a day

• logged on hyped for trials of osiris, paid Xur a visit and rolled Nighthawk on first engram
  • missed a spot with main group so i got stuck with reserves. lost ONE game but otherwise wrecked everyone
  • got epic loot drops - auto rifle, pulse rifle (lol) and that sniper though. actually the stability sucks so i'm having a hard time getting used to it
  • attempted to level up my titan before i got bored and switched to story on warlock.
  • carried some scrubs ;)
  • played with main team and went undefeated because all the tryhards got scared AND GOT ICEBREAKER YUS and a bunch of emblems, ships and armor
  • took a break and got teabagged by skolas
  • played sweaties and OMG MY K/D RATIO FUCK YOUR HOST LASTWORD

'twas a very perspiring day of destiny with lots of loots and etheric stuff. and that lighthouse space is gorgeous. tomorrow should be interesting

i'm so salty about those new PvP maps because otherwise this is a solid expansion. those maps almost completely killed it and i still am not overly fond of Prison of Psion Waves

My short destiny day included...

1. Spending 276 motes of light resulting in not even one HoW exotic.

2. Getting curb stomped on 2 ToO passages.

Not as good as yours but not terrible me thinks.

Edit: Very cool of you to offer your help to gaffers.

I had you on my friends list but you're not showing up? Anyway sent fr again.

how much are you charging per win lol?

Zocano

I haven't seen the pulse rifle yet, how garbage is it? Should I give up hope for any good pulse rifles this expansion? Am I forever stuck with Red Death and Three Little Words?

Today was a good day.

First Trials attempt and we got a perfect run and got to the lighthouse.

30 minutes ago we just beat lvl 35. FUCK THAT SCORCH CANNON.

God that shader is sick

cool. will add for TOO carry :p

I haven't seen the pulse rifle yet, how garbage is it? Should I give up hope for any good pulse rifles this expansion? Am I forever stuck with Red Death and Three Little Words?

it's basicallly a red death clone. i'm not sure if the impact and rate of fire are exactly the same but it's a 2 headshot kill.

i don't like pulse rifles that fire slow though. i'm used to Halo's BR and it's gotta have around that rate of fire otherwise it feels weird with the bursts

First impression of the Trials? I don't like it, but then I'm not a fan ov PvP in general. This just brings out the worst aspects PvP has to offer: an endless stream of Thorn, Last Word, Golden Guns and Radiance at the final fucking second.

Zocano

it's basicallly a red death clone. i'm not sure if the impact and rate of fire are exactly the same but it's a 2 headshot kill.

i don't like pulse rifles that fire slow though. i'm used to Halo's BR and it's gotta have around that rate of fire otherwise it feels weird with the bursts

I guess I should take a look at it once I get it.

I agree though about the fire rate. Either they refuse to make a BR equivalent (it'd have to be 3 headshot kill I think given other weapon's TTKs) or they just don't know what they're doing with the pulse rifles.

Maybe one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom