• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Frostburn

I'd like to formally request to get carried to Mercury sometime this week if possible. I am avarage at best at PVP and just want to go at least once. I will practice when I can leading up to this Friday.

X-Frame

If I don't finish all the Petra bounties for the week today, do they disappear tomorrow or can I still do them?

GhaleonEB

If I don't finish all the Petra bounties for the week today, do they disappear tomorrow or can I still do them?

They will not leave your inventory if you have them; my daughter finished ones from HoW launch week over the weekend, then grabbed the new ones.

All aboard the new thread, but alas, not the Mercury train.

GhaleonEB

OT22 lasted 11 days. E3 starts on the 15th. This one will probably not last much longer than that.

I'm still soaking up House of Wolves and in two weeks Comet news will be upon us. I won't be on board for Mercury, but I'm already on the Comet hype train.

LiK

OT22 lasted 11 days. E3 starts on the 15th. This one will probably not last much longer than that.

I'm still soaking up House of Wolves and in two weeks Comet news will be upon us. I won't be on board for Mercury, but I'm already on the Comet hype train.

man, i remember you weren't into this game that much waaaaay back. now you play it more than me ;)

Trakan

People actually have a problem with sharing checkpoints or cheesing encounters? lolll

I really hope Bungie goes crazy with new exotics for Comet. Give me more than 3 new weapons. Make them unique and worth using. The base game had twenty.

I hope an exotic buff comes for the shitty ones soon too.

Ken

As someone who quit before TDB and returned at the end of TDB, I feel like all the best exotic armor is still from launch: Praxic Fire, Symbiote, Armamentarium, Saints 14, etc,. No one really talks about TDB exotics.

Nighthawk and The Ram seem pretty up there from this patch though, the former for PVE.

Trakan

As someone who quit before TDB and returned at the end of TDB, I feel like all the best exotic armor is still from launch: Praxic Fire, Symbiote, Armamentarium, Saints 14, etc,. No one really talks about TDB exotics.

Nighthawk and The Ram seem pretty up there from this patch though, the former for PVE.

Yeah, Nighthawk is my new favorite. It does something unique. It's not just "provides unstoppable" like that titan helmet. Not sure what they're thinking with some of these exotics. A lot of armor needs buffs too.

Frenden

Banned
As someone who quit before TDB and returned at the end of TDB, I feel like all the best exotic armor is still from launch. Praxic Fire, Symbiote, Armamentarium, Saints 14, etc,. No one really talks about TDB exotics.

I would preach about ram from the rooftops if I could. 20% extra armor. It's like a sunsinger melee overshield permanently.

I was able to stay alive in Qodron by slamming a melee into the detainment shield to trigger life gen.

I was able to stay alive reliably on Crota hard with whacking adds to regen health.

I love this thing.

todd360

I was so surprised when I saw the episode 7 image I slapped together in 5 minutes is in the OP. I would have put in more effort had I known. Should have kept the HoW mythocast image in the last op. I think I did a good job on that one. Oh well.

BondFancy

I would preach about ram from the rooftops if I could. 20% extra armor. It's like a sunsinger melee overshield permanently.

I was able to stay alive in Qodron by slamming a melee into the detainment shield to trigger life gen.

I was able to stay alive reliably on Crota hard with whacking adds to regen health.

I love this thing.
Does the Ram work on sunsinger?

Yay new thread. Perfect to leave my May Rage in the last thread. My focus for a while is mainly PvP. What's up, June. I am determined to be like my old Halo PvP self.

Frenden

Banned
Does the Ram work on sunsinger?
Yes. And during radiance or scorch it adds to those totals. It makes you an absolute tank.

With max armor, I've survived golden gun shots at range. Tripmines get shrugged off too.

The best thing about the Ram? With max armor even a voidwalker survives two thorn headshots.

ethomaz

Banned
Yes. And during radiance or scorch it adds to those totals. It makes you an absolute tank.

With max armor, I've survived golden gun shots at range. Tripmines get shrugged off too.

The best thing about the Ram? With max armor even a voidwalker survives two thorn headshots.
Bungie made Warlock even more OP?

I was so surprised when I saw the episode 7 image I slapped together in 5 minutes is in the OP. I would have put in more effort had I known. Should have kept the HoW mythocast image in the last op. I think I did a good job on that one. Oh well.

Listening now and lol'ing at your Spanish VoG story. Good stuff Todd.

I'm going to take a guess and say those bonuses don't apply during regular Crucible, I tried a tank Sunsinger build(Going with the defense boost during Radiance), I still died as fast with the Ram.

blackjaw

I want one of those

LiK

i wanna play PoE 35 tomorrow. hope you guys will invite me.

altho if i'm playing TW3 then no dice.

Frenden

Banned
I'm going to take a guess and say those bonuses don't apply during regular Crucible, I tried a tank Sunsinger build(Going with the defense boost during Radiance), I still died as fast with the Ram.
They apply. There may have been mitigating circumstances there--folks have tested and posted results to Reddit.

traveler

Not Wario
Is it guaranteed that comet news gets dropped at E3? Feels weird given that HoW just came out, but I guess if it's really slated for the Fall, the announcement needs to be sooner rather than later and there's no better place than E3.

Trakan

I read the reddit thread too. Max armor and the Ram gives you like 225 HP in normal crucible compared to about 200 without it. Flame shield, radiance, and the ram is like 400% damage reduction or something crazy.

The only good exotic armor piece that came from TDB are the Don't Touch Me's and Ruin Wings could be pretty good if they actually worked.

Frenden

Banned
I read the reddit thread too. Max armor and the Ram gives you like 225 HP in normal crucible compared to about 200 without it. Flame shield, radiance, and the ram is like 400% damage reduction or something crazy.
Yup. Been playing with it since and feel like an indestructible god.

Top Bottom