• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

ethomaz

Banned
First to reply gets a carry to 9-0 on Xbox One.
Meeeeeeeee
I really wanted but I'm PS4 :(

Edit - Top of the page.

YEAP THE MOST OP CLASS IN THE GAME GETS EVEN MORE OP!!!

CD47nlaUMAAXnD_.jpg:large

Here's my Trials of Osiris tips post from last thread
You can add to your tips ;)

[Easy Mode]
- Make the Lord Warlock
- Use the Exotic The Ram
- Be happy not being killed anymore

I'm looking to knock out all three Nightfalls as soon as the flip occurs. If anyone else is interested, feel free to sign up.

1) ShaperofStories
2) ???
3) ???

Rehsa

Well new OT, very nice. Finally did PoE 28 on all my toons, was fun. 3 shards and some decent weapons. Got Hygiea Noblesse with full auto and zen moment, a shotgun and a machine gun. Maybe this week I can try 32 with you guys and level up a character, maybe ToO this weekend :)

playing league of legends, it makes me realize how much more fun ToO is

because holy crap some people are dull in the noggin', they are.

LordofPwn

Got killed inside a bubble by Skolas' Canon.
Got Shot around a corner while invisible
Skolas not getting stunned
Skolas teleporting mid stun
Randomly taking damage from no apparent direction
Getting shot through floors
Damage numbers not popping up
Damage not registering correctly.

Less than 30 minutes to get to Skolas followed by 2 hours of bullshit that I can't do anything about. That'll be about 8 hours in PoE 35 with 2 Skolas kills but only 1 clear this week.

34s done in 30 minutes no problems at all
Two manned a 32 though. Solod most of it too.

M3Rocket

I would like to try one more time to get the boots for my Titan from ToO. I have just enough passage coins for all the boons left from all my attempts over the weekend. Is there someone on right now on PS4 that can help me get to 5-wins please?

Kyne

Thanks to you and shady for the runs. Sorry it didn't work out better. See you guys for IB!

Yeahhh no problem.

Big thanks to Hawkian, fig, and Twilight this weekend for helping out. See everyone at Anomaly next week!

:(

Bring on Iron Banner.

I'm a lowly lvl 31 that dropped out of Destiny during Crota time. I'm trying to get back in the game. Should I try getting a group together to finish Crota's End a few times or should I get new vendor gear with marks?

Lunar FC

So i'm doing the Wolves' Gambit story mission and keep dying for no reason. This first area is the furthest I've ever gotten in the raid so i'm feeling i'm doing something wrong?

I feel the game needs more content already. POE just doesn't feel as epic as raids.

Agreed. These 4 rooms are already getting tedious. The raids may be the same thing, but felt like they had better staying power.

Wierd thing is. I have Zero drive to fill out my Exotic collection this time. I got all of them for TDB, but HoW isn't doing anything for me.

Honestly, I have about 10 more legendaries to ascend and I won't have anything left to keep me coming back.

Wallach

So i'm doing the Wolves' Gambit story mission and keep dying for no reason. This first area is the furthest I've ever gotten in the raid so i'm feeling i'm doing something wrong?

If you don't kill the oracles (the green orbs that appear with the music note sound) they will instantly kill you after a set time.

Frenden

Banned
My best Int+Dis gear with hand cannon reload will only get me to 32 for Iron Banner.

Will 32 hamstring me for banana? Are we mostly stuck running that crappy +Str PoE gear?

Lunar FC

If you don't kill the oracles (the green orbs that appear with the music note sound) they will instantly kill you after a set time.

I keep getting to the 5th one and can't get past it, would it be recommended to not do this alone?

edit: also get your eyes checked, the oracles are defiantly yellow. :p

I can imagine that you did some secret carrying behind the scenes as well!

I did a little bit, although not as much as I'd hoped. Combination of IRL and Pantheon matches taking forever limited how many runs I did. Hopefully I can get more consistent time in next weekend.

I just want to reiterate how awesome it was to see people like EJ, tears, Unstable, Zoba, Drizzay, Vaal, and many others give so much of their time to bring some Mercury joy to those of us that wouldn't otherwise have what it takes.

It's so much fun when it works out well. I managed to tune into Unstables stream at the right moment to catch T-44's run with Zoba, he made a lot of clutch plays and revives. Competition has been so fierce this week everybody on a team still has to contribute, even if it doesn't show up on the scoreboard.

My best Int+Dis gear with hand cannon reload will only get me to 32 for Iron Banner.

Will 32 hamstring me for banana? Are we mostly stuck running that crappy +Str PoE gear?

Do you have some spare ELight lying around by any chance? If so you can consider to ascend those gauntlets, because the stats sound pretty good for PvP. I did the same with the Watcher's gauntlets with HC reload that dropped during ToO. Considering a lot of people will be lv34 it might affect you a little bit, but if you're in a GAF train then there's nothing much to worry about.

Wallach

I keep getting to the 5th one and can't get past it, would it be recommended to not do this alone?

edit: also get your eyes checked, the oracles are defiantly yellow. :p

Yellow, sure. Grab a shotgun or something and just focus on them while trying to avoid most of the other dudes until you get past that part.

IB and ToO in 1 week continues thr PvP focused trend of HoW. The hardcorr PvPers are swimming in Etheric Light, but us PvEers are starved.

Hope Bungie does something to make it a little more equitable.

I would love to spend more time in PvP, but I have very limited time to play and have to pick my battles. Only got about 3 hours playtime this week. Next doesn't seem much better. :(

I'm a lowly lvl 31 that dropped out of Destiny during Crota time. I'm trying to get back in the game. Should I try getting a group together to finish Crota's End a few times or should I get new vendor gear with marks?

Do you have HoW expansion? To level up it would actually be better to tackle the PoE stuff. You could easily do Lv32 as a Lv31, which gives you an armor core that you can buy a 42 light armor piece with (you need 4 armor pieces with 42 Light to reach Lv34). Make sure to ascend an exotic as well which would be another 42 light piece.

The Crota gear is fine but drops at 30 light while the vendor stuff (I think) drops at 36. If you have the marks, vendor gear is faster and the Crota gear doesn't have any super special perks for the most part. Most useless stuff related to the Crota raid itself.

Do you have HoW expansion? To level up it would actually be better to tackle the PoE stuff. You could easily do Lv32 as a Lv31, which gives you an armor core that you can buy a 42 light armor piece with (you need 4 armor pieces with 42 Light to reach Lv34). Make sure to ascend an exotic as well which would be another 42 light piece.

The Crota gear is fine but drops at 30 light while the vendor stuff (I think) drops at 36. If you have the marks, vendor gear is faster and the Crota gear doesn't have any super special perks for the most part. Most useless stuff related to the Crota raid itself.
Will go that path then:) Have ascended my Mythoclast and wings of ruin so have atleast that to go with. Would be nice to get to 32 atleast with vendor stuff but I'll give it a shot later today. Thanks!

Kyne

IB and ToO in 1 week continues thr PvP focused trend of HoW. The hardcorr PvPers are swimming in Etheric Light, but us PvEers are starved.

Hope Bungie does something to make it a little more equitable.

I would love to spend more time in PvP, but I have very limited time to play and have to pick my battles. Only got about 3 hours playtime this week. Next doesn't seem much better. :(

weird... I'd figure the PVE'ers would have the advantage and they'd be swimming in Eth' Light from PoE and constant Nightfalls.

is that not the case?

Rhaegar

Yo

Tried to join Ev0lved1 and that spot got filled.

Sorry man, had spent about half an hour trying to find a 3rd and was spamming requests by then since I had to go to bed soon for work. I'll help you 2 man the next Omnigull no-burn with no complaints as penance.

M3Rocket

weird... I'd figure the PVE'ers would have the advantage and they'd be swimming in Eth' Light from PoE and constant Nightfalls.

is that not the case?

It is the complete opposite with HoW. There is 33% more guaranteed Etheric Light from ToO compared to PoE.

Qwell

Finally got my first trip to the Lighthouse, was a productive day even after missing 8 wins to lag switchers :(

No exotics (but I have them all anyways) but I picked up the solar auto rifle, seems decent enough, high impact and range.

Top Bottom