• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baliis

But then I think about all those shielded enemies in a raid :(

I feel like there's a lot of potential with how the Cabal AI acts for cool set pieces, but yea. I like the Cabal design and all, but actually fighting them sucks.

The cabal have no depth imo, just a race that likes to blow stuff up. Someone even mentioned a grimoire card said they were running away from the vex....BC they are the real final boss.

Presumably an expansion for them would add more depth, they are kinda lacking right now in presence.

I've been trying to play around with my network setting for the past few days because I keep getting anteater and baboon errors whenever an event happens in the game world (like a public event appearing or a pack of wolves dropping).

Oddly enough, anything match-made works perfectly (although a little laggy) like strikes or pvp.

I don't think it's a NAT issue because I put my Xbox on the DMZ and got an open NAT.

I just found this one setting in my router's webpage called "Ping from WAN" and it's currently disabled.

Does anyone know if this affects the game at all?

I was reading up on it, and apparently it's a security feature that makes it so your router doesn't respond to a 'ping' from the internet (whatever that is).

Any IT experts in here?

rtytyty.gif

Lol.

That dump splashback >.>

It's a Half-LifE3 hint.

:p

There's something there. I'm sure of it.

Like in the archive mission, why did the systems recognise us as Dr. Shim?

Our ghost didn't seem to know who Dr.Shim was going by it's reaction.

Or....

I think it's far more likely that your Ghost is Dr. Shim! Or at least a copy of one of Dr. Shim's copies. And, that Ghosts themselves are the most advanced form of proxy bodies.

Ghost-Shim wouldn't recognize Maya (Exo Stranger) because he probably doesn't have any of his original memories (just like the Exo), but The Ishtar Archive computer might have identified him by his thought patterns.

The idea of Ghost once being a flesh in blood person is evident in his use of common idioms from pre-Golden Age humanity. He even has some residual memory of using DOS at some point. His mind is obviously copied from someone who lived before the Golden Age even began!

spyder_ur

Damn, was looking forward to playing Trials alot tonight cuz I'm headed out of town tomorrow. Guess not.

PSN always seems to go down at the worst times, though that's probably just something I only think and say when it's down.

Haybro

Damn, was looking forward to playing Trials alot tonight cuz I'm headed out of town tomorrow. Guess not.

PSN always seems to go down at the worst times, though that's probably just something I only think and say when it's down.

Man that sucks! Let me know if you manage to get back on.

Gonna play somehting else for the night.

Best teams are out there and they want blood.

Holy shit some losses you dont even know whats going on and you're dead.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Gonna play somehting else for the night.

Best teams are out there and they want blood.

Holy shit some losses you dont even know whats going on and you're dead.

I would call this practice day. Don't buy any buffs and just play to get familiar with map and competition. If you somehow got to mercury then it's icing.

Anyone have gorgons?

Hard Crota x3 and Atheon x3?

Gorgons always respawn you crazy kids. An earlier theory was that you had to find and kill the one Gorgon that wouldn't respawn since this would indicate it wasn't "immortal" and therefore parallel Medusa in the Greek myths. Ideally you were supposed to take the relic Aegis from the Gate Keepers back to Gorgons (this part is completely doable) and kill the Medusa Gorgon with it, as if completing the Aegis with Medusa's head. Then... Something? Would happen.

But they've since patched in an auto team wipe when the relic leaves the jumping puzzle and enters the Gorgon darkness zone. And no one has ever found a non-respawning Gorgon. That said... I'd still be down to mess around later if PSN cooperates.

Fucking players with Trials are snotty as fuck "Messenger wrecks man!" Goes 1-9 "don't tell me how to play".

:-/

Damn, who were you playing with? (assuming it's not a DGAF'er since that doesn't sound like anyone I know)

Gordon

Thinking about cashing in every rad and ass mat to attempt to get the ram and night hawk

Talk me down gaf
My buddy did that this morning - cut through 300+ motes beforehand too. He got the nighthawk. He's salty as fuck about the ram tho lol going to run some raids later for more mats to convert.

My buddy did that this morning - cut through 300+ motes beforehand too. He got the nighthawk. He's salty as fuck about the ram tho lol going to run some raids later for more mats to convert.

When it comes back on, in gonna do it!

Then xurwill sell them both next week :(

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Supposedly participating 7-11 stores already have them. I imagine you could call ahead of time if there are any stores nearby.

Yuuuuup picked up a few from the one on my way home.

Who wants code #1? First to reply can have it, just please let's limit this to non-NA peeps for now.

P.S. Only condition, add me on PSN: crophonso

My friends list is weak yo.

Definity

Yuuuuup picked up a few from the one on my way home.

Who wants code #1? First to reply can have it, just please let's limit this to non-NA peeps for now.

P.S. Only condition, add me on PSN: crophonso

My friends list is weak yo.

I will take it.
EDIT:
Actually, didn't read the fine print about the non-NA section, lol.
I'm disqualified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom