• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blunoise

Congrats! One of the most difficult and rewarding experiences in the game :)

Thanks and yes it is so awarding. I keep looking at me loot and emblems like trophies. I only wish Bungie could implement some type of guardian room or be able to go inside your ship and place your guns and achievements on your walls for friends to see when they visit.

Just wait. If someone else called posting the OT, let them do it. 20k posts isn't a hard rule, going over a few pages is fine.

What the issue after 200 pages?
It used to be mega-threads would cause performance issues for the website I believe, so they began capping them at 20k posts to avoid the problem.

GhaleonEB

What the issue after 200 pages?

My understanding is, much past 20k posts and the thread sizes start to cause problems with the database. For example, when the Halo 3 thread ran to 100,000 posts, it was too large to move or archive. (I think that was one of the threads that led to the current policy.)

It's not a big deal if this runs a bit long, but there should be a new ones soon. If someone other than the person who was going to post it does so, I suggest the title of "The Taken Thread". :p

Apt101

Holy shit.

We've made half a million posts on Destiny OTs.

:|

image.php

ethomaz

Banned
My understanding is, much past 20k posts and the thread sizes start to cause problems with the database. For example, when the Halo 3 thread ran to 100,000 posts, it was too large to move or archive. (I think that was one of the threads that led to the current policy.)

It's not a big deal if this runs a bit long, but there should be a new ones soon. If someone other than the person who was going to post it does so, I suggest the title of "The Taken Thread". :p
Ohhhhh it is a database performance issue... not a limitation itself.
Fine. I was thinking about not being possible to post anymore or something like.

Thanks.

Deku Tree

I sent Boguester a PSN message. Not sure if he's around currently though

GutZ31

Apparently it's a DGAF Civil War kind of day...

GG Gutz, but what was up with not waving back? Where's the DGAF love?

lol, didn't even notice until your name popped up from dying first.
Was a rather stressed out experience for me, as the guys I was running with kept telling me what to do.
Was my 5th time on that map ever.
GG indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom