• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

matmanx1

Admonisher is way too slow to qualify (great blast radius though). Fear and TA depending on the roll will either lack a little Blast Radius or some Velocity to really say they're "better" than Gjallarhorn in PvP. Ash Factory and R. Fury for sure tho.

Gjallarhorn has the nice bonus of being the only RL in the game which can reliably kill a Bladedancer due to Wolfpack Rounds. If you're going Exotic Truth will usually be a better option anyways, but Gjally is super solid.

And I'd love to use Truth in PVP more but with the current state of Destiny PVP you are seriously gimped if you aren't using an exotic primary, at least in Iron Banner.

Ikkarus

Yeah keep on rollin' those legendary rockets. Gunsmith went crazy and gave me this great Ash roll. Got an obscene amount of easy kills from it last IB.

mo883UA.png
I got exactly the same roll as well, can't wait to level it up!

Owensboro

It can absolutely be done w 2-3 rather easily, but I still think a full team of 6 is best. Definitely the most fun with the most comraderie, the only downside is having to organize 6 people. We did two flawless raids this past weekend, including some pretty new raiders, and they were easy as pie.

There've been a lot of people expressing interest in doing Flawless Raider, there's probably enough to support another 2 runs at least. I'm happy to Sherpa if people want, maybe even tonight if that works.

I'm another that would be down for trying flawless. Of course, the fear of screwing it up for everyone will be MASSIVE.

nOoblet16

you can kill a Bladedancer with I a patiently timed Matador/ Party Crasher/ Fallwinters Lie
From full health? No you can't really...it's also too unreliable because of how fast blade dancers zig zag. If they are tagged and have taken a little bit of damage then it works but otherwise it's very very difficult to get a headshot on a Bladedancer with a shotgun...especially one that gets a kill.

Shotgun+blink/lock melee or TLW+blink/lock melee works well to counter a full health bladedancer though.

Kyoufu

And I'd love to use Truth in PVP more but with the current state of Destiny PVP you are seriously gimped if you aren't using an exotic primary, at least in Iron Banner.

I've been doing Crucible without exotic weapons equipped lately.

Messenger
Matador 64
Jolder's Hammer

Ganhyun

Lol PoE is dead on DGAF. It's reset day and basically no LFG posts.

To be fair, i asked earlier, to schedule for later tonight. :)

but yea, not as many LFG posts for POE now. Its definitely not holding up as well as I think Bungie wanted it to. We still have two months until Taken King.

I know :( As someone who took a break when HoW launched I am feeling it now. I started back up about three weeks ago and it's all about that Trials now. I just want the last two exotics from there. That's the only reason I do PoE each week.

if i get a third, can you help me finish Skolas a couple times this week? sorry about sunday, didn't round up a third, so didn't bother following up with you.

For sure man, I'm sure we can find some time that works. Any days in particular that will be best for you? Much easier modifiers this week.

@ Drizzay: don't know if you saw it in the last OT (think it was after you posted the new link), but I would like to have the Sons of Mithras added as DGAF clan in the OP if that's still possible. It is not a pure DGAF clan but lately we had a great influx of awesome DGAFers. Thanks!]

Yes, for sure! I'll look you up on Bungie.net then probably just repost that linked post from the OP since I'm not sure if I can edit something from a closed thread. We gotta get the Sons on there!

sjay1994

Since we are all talking about how dead PoE is, does anyone here want to do skolas?

I have never done 35 PoE before, and I would prefer to play with Gaffers

Ganhyun

From full health? No you can't really...it's also too unreliable because of how fast blade dancers zig zag. If they are tagged and have taken a little bit of damage then it works but otherwise it's very very difficult to get a headshot on a Bladedancer with a shotgun...especially one that gets a kill.

Shotgun+blink/lock melee or TLW+blink/lock melee works well to counter a full health bladedancer though.

He scrubbed it up, but yea, you 'can' do it with at least 2 shotgun shots and a melee. :)

Per my example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwX-Eu1gpa8

I cut off my next sentence, which was basically along the lines of how the fuck did he not kill me.

matmanx1

There's Messenger and Hopscotch...top class PvP weapons.

One's a Trials weapon and the other is a random reward from certain playlists, right? So much good gear from Trials. Unfortunately, I am not great at PVP. 1.0 K/D is good for me, most of the time.

Since we are all talking about how dead PoE is, does anyone here want to do skolas?

I have never done 35 PoE before, and I would prefer to play with Gaffers

I'll probably do skolas this week x3.

I ascended all my raid stuff last week and ended up with 2 Etherics left. Need EL just in case.

GRIP

I would be interested in a flawless tonight for sure.

EDIT- Oh hey, my name change went through. Nice.

You gonna be on tonight?

Maybe we can try to get the regulars to go for a flawless run if they're up to it (or if they're even on). Would be a nice change up from our regular activities.

nOoblet16

He scrubbed it up, but yea, you 'can' do it with at least 2 shotgun shots and a melee. :)

Per my example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwX-Eu1gpa8

I cut off my next sentence, which was basically along the lines of how the fuck did he not kill me.
Well if you are going shotgun+melee combo then you don't even need two hits, one would do. I've even taken out bladedancer with TLW and melee so consistently that I rarely even die,at worst I end up with a trade...with shotguns you'll just need one shot and a melee.

But you can't one shot and kill without melee...that was my point. Unlike a Gjallarhorn which can one shot a bladedancer while no other weapon can...only other stuff that can one shot a bladedancer are supers.

Dunlop

I ran a 32 yesterday and it was the first group in weeks, which sucks as I need PoE 34's as I am completely out of etheric light to level any gear.

I hope bungie realizes this and starts selling them via Xur

Raybunny

you can kill a Bladedancer with I a patiently timed Matador/ Party Crasher/ Fallwinters Lie

That is BS! Been all day in the crucible and the only way is Shotgun + melee. Shotgun alone only if its final round. If you meant as they are poping their super then yes.

zewone

Admonisher is way too slow to qualify (great blast radius though). Fear and TA depending on the roll will either lack a little Blast Radius or some Velocity to really say they're "better" than Gjallarhorn in PvP. Ash Factory and R. Fury for sure tho.

Gjallarhorn has the nice bonus of being the only RL in the game which can reliably kill a Bladedancer due to Wolfpack Rounds. If you're going Exotic Truth will usually be a better option anyways, but Gjally is super solid.

I'd personally put Gjally as 2nd due to it being the only other launcher with tracking and proximity plus it can kill a bladedancer.

Better is a relative term. I'd give the horn big con in being exotic.

I'd rather use an exotic primary than take up my slot with a horn.

Axoman

Glad to hear you went to the promised land. I played PVP like a toddler yesterday - it was abysmal lol.

I didn't play much better. There was one match I didn't even get any kills, only an assist. The first couple rounds went really quick and I think by the 3rd round I realized I hadn't gotten any kills yet. I bring up I haven't gotten any kills so far, and Koro is like "I'm going to keep it that way". He proceeded to take out all three on the 5th round I think, leaving me with no kills that match.

nOoblet16

Better is a relative term. I'd give the horn big con in being exotic.

I'd rather use an exotic primary than take up my slot with a horn.
Better is not a relative term when you are talking about which is the best,Truth is the best RL in PvP and there is nothing relative about that as it's a fact.

Whether it is a preferred choice for load out or not...that is a different question and one that you are considering while making your load out and them being exotic results in you having lower preference for them. But if we are purely talking about what's the best PvP RL in the game then Truth is the easy winner.

noomi

I'll probably do skolas this week x3.

I ascended all my raid stuff last week and ended up with 2 Etherics left. Need EL just in case.

Might do a Skolas run with Macello once we are both out of work if you are interested.

Also what rolls did you end up getting on that hopscotch?

E92 M3

I didn't play much better. There was one match I didn't even get any kills, only an assist. The first couple rounds went really quick and I think by the 3rd round I realized I hadn't gotten any kills yet. I bring up I haven't gotten any kills so far, and Koro is like "I'm going to keep it that way". He proceeded to take out all three on the 5th round I think, leaving me with no kills that match.

Standard Koro protocol.

zewone

Better is not a relative term when you are talking about which is the best,Truth is the best RL in PvP and there is nothing relative about that as it's a fact.

Whether it is a preferred choice for load out or not...that is a different question and one that you are considering. But if we are purely talking about what's the best PvP RL in the game then Truth is the easy winner.

What makes it the winner over Ash Factory? It has less blast radius and less velocity than a perfectly rolled Ash Factory?

I see tracking as more of a negative in that it causes the rockets to curve into objects it other would not have if it was flying straight.

I really need to run PoE 34 and 35 more. Got to get two more cyphers to drop to complete the exotic collections again. Will be up for running a few in a couple of hours if anyone fancies it

nOoblet16

What makes it the winner over Ash Factory? It has less blast radius and less velocity than a perfectly rolled Ash Factory?

I see tracking as more of a negative in that it causes the rockets to curve into objects it other would not have if it was flying straight.
You know you can dumb fire the truth to not get any tracking but get the proximity?

The aggressive tracking in Truth is well suited for PvP unlike the other tracking which is easy to avoid. The difference in blast radius and velocity is marginal as both have very high blast radius and velocity. The combo of Tracking + Proximity is what makes it a good option as you can dumb fire it

You know what Admonisher can't do? Reliably kill people who are jumping...which happens a lot in Trials.

Tracking is pretty crap for PVP.

You want Grenades and Horseshoes, which causes the rocket to explode early when near an enemy so it's WAY more forgiving. You only need to aim in their general area.

You want high velocity to get the rocket to kill your opponent as quickly as possible.

You want a high blast radius to kill with proximity from further.

velocity > radius though.

Interesting. I have all those RLs too; gotta experiment with some rolls on the Radeghast. I keep running out of weapon parts though.

zewone

Truth?
The aggressive tracking in Truth is well suited for PvP. The difference in blast radius and velocity is marginal as both have very high blast radius and velocity.

You know what Admonisher can't do? Reliably kill people who are jumping...which happens a lot in Trials.

Admonisher is on the bottom of that list I made, but it's very reliable and doesn't take an exotic slot.

Like I mentioned, I stopped using Truth because of it's tracking. It's caused me to miss out on more kills than it's helped with it's aggressive tracking. And it takes up an exotic slot.

Even if I'm using a legendary primary and special, I won't use an exotic launcher over my The Fear.

nOoblet16

Admonisher is on the bottom of that list I made, but it's very reliable and doesn't take an exotic slot.

Like I mentioned, I stopped using Truth because of it's tracking. It's caused me to miss out on more kills than it's helped with it's aggressive tracking. And it takes up a slot.

Even if I'm using a legendary primary and special, I won't use an exotic launcher over my The Fear.
Sorry I meant the Ash Factory in that post not the Admonisher..which is a bad RL, it's far too slow.

Also I mentioned this one thing in my previous post with an edit but here's it again.you can dumb fire truth to not get tracking but only the proximity, you can also dumb fire into a corner to hit an enemy who is hiding there that you can see as it works like any other proximity launcher. There is nothing that other rocket launchers do that Truth can't in PvP.

Hedera

My worst Destiny nightmare is beaten. Huge thanks to Shito and of course our sherpa Ruthles the Barbarian Jr. for helping us getting Skolas to his fucking knees!

noomi

Well.... I guess the next weapon I'm after is the hopscotch pilgrim.... that's really all that's left now. I have the messenger and it kicks ass, but because the pilgrim is hard to get and seems to be a great pvp weapon.... I must have it :p

Perfectly happy with everything else I have and the rolls.

it has a chance to drop in PoE, strikes, nightfalls, and weeklies right?

Haybro

You gonna be on tonight?

Maybe we can try to get the regulars to go for a flawless run if they're up to it (or if they're even on). Would be a nice change up from our regular activities.

Yeah I'll definitely be around tonight, and would love to try for flawless with the regular group.

zewone

Sorry I meant the Ash Factory in that post not the Admonisher..which is a bad RL, it's far too slow.

Also I mentioned this one thing in my previous post with an edit but here's it again.you can dumb fire truth to not get tracking but only the proximity, you can also dumb fire into a corner to hit an enemy who is hiding there that you can see as it works like any other proximity launcher.

Yeah, if I do use the Truth I use it without tracking, but I do tend to ADS as I try to get kills from far away.

It's just not for me.

Whoyouare

It can absolutely be done w 2-3 rather easily, but I still think a full team of 6 is best. Definitely the most fun with the most comraderie, the only downside is having to organize 6 people. We did two flawless raids this past weekend, including some pretty new raiders, and they were easy as pie.

There've been a lot of people expressing interest in doing Flawless Raider, there's probably enough to support another 2 runs at least. I'm happy to Sherpa if people want, maybe even tonight if that works.

I would definitely be interest d in the flawless raider. I know crota well but I'm sure I'll still be nervous to screw up.

Psn: manicstreet

My worst Destiny nightmare is beaten. Huge thanks to Shito and of course our sherpa Ruthles the Barbarian Jr. for helping us getting Skolas to his fucking knees!

Congrats! It was fun to watch and you all played really well together especially since there were two first timers on the kill.

Top Bottom