• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

nOoblet16

Yeah, if I do use the Truth I use it without tracking, but I do tend to ADS as I try to get kills from far away.

It's just not for me.

This does not make much sense to me really, if you are using ADS AND try to get kills from far away then Truth will be even more suitable for you as long range is where lack of tracking starts to show up since you get people jumping and gliding away from your rockets....Truth on the other hand simply will not miss in that situation.

Technically ADS provides no benefit to you with rocket launchers unless you have tracking...even for things far away. Unless you do it out of habit.

LTWood12

I'm making a return to Victoria's Secret. I'm a 30 year old man, but being in here makes me feel like an insecure 12 year old.

So basically it's like Trials.

Ganhyun

Yea it's just lag.
I do not understand how you can lag so much that you are literally doing weird shit and fucking up the game's animation. Like he killed you before you even see his animation then he goes over to the other place and that's when you see his animation pop up.

I don't understand how that happens and keeps going on for the entire game. I don't see this in any other game, you sometimes come across people who walk into walls or keep running straight but they end up disconnecting or they become normal, over here in Destiny people can play the entire match like that... I mean the nature of P2P game is that if someone is lagging for you then you will be lagging for him and as such both of you will have similar difficulty in hitting each other...here though one guy kills everyone and everyone else has massive trouble killing this guy.

Just what the fuck?

Other games do have it, just not as bad. Bungie has, since Halo 3 that I can recall, tried to make the match as fair as possible to all players. If you remember, Halo 3 started that system where they added a small window of time to a kill to see if you would have killed your opponent too.

I think they expanded upon that. In my opinion, a bit too much, as evidenced by the fact that someone lagging that badly gets that kind of advantage (because, lets face it, how can you be sure he is where your screen shows him to be with that bad of a lag?) in PVP and doesn't get kicked/lagged out.

This makes me sad haha, but hey now we have something to chase again lol. I'll try and stream some goodies tonight depending on what we end up doing :D

Yeah man.... how little I knew back then. I was so pressed for vault space that I didn't even give it a second thought when dismantling....

It's a good thing I popped that golden gun as a distraction :|

Macello always be stealin' mah killz
Yeah, you sure softened him up for me.

Owensboro

I'm making a return to Victoria's Secret. I'm a 30 year old man, but being in here makes me feel like an insecure 12 year old.

So basically it's like Trials.

Hell, I feel that way if I accidentally wander into the Women's Underwear section of Macy's. Some things you just never get over.

(in before "accidentally") (har har)

Yes, for sure! I'll look you up on Bungie.net then probably just repost that linked post from the OP since I'm not sure if I can edit something from a closed thread. We gotta get the Sons on there!

Thanks Drizz that would be awesome! Luckily we welcomed some more players as a couple of older core members will be out of the commission for some time. My future looks a bit brighter but I still need to figure stuff out for at least 2 weeks, Gaz will be traveling through different countries from the UK back home to Australia and we just received word that Akai got a baby girl :)

We wanted to recognize the members of the community. This group has been together for so long now, coming into year 1, the OT has become more about the game; it's about those that contribute that make this OT possible.

We will rotate the grimoire every OT. I wanted to add memorable quotes from the previous OT, but time wasn't there.

Oh wow, just saw the OT properly on my laptop now, had no idea I had a grimoire card. Thanks Lnkn and Drizzay, looks awesome and great idea to have rotate in the OT.

DGAF the best GAF :)

zewone

This does not make much sense to me really, if you are using ADS AND try to get kills from far away then Truth will be even more suitable for you as long range is where lack of tracking starts to show up since you get people jumping and gliding away from your rockets....Truth on the other hand simply will not miss in that situation.

Technically ADS provides no benefit to you with rocket launchers unless you have tracking...even for things far away. Unless you do it out of habit.

Habit and I feel there's a zoom effect (even slightly) when focusing down sights.

But, again, I completely disagree.

If I'm aiming at someone peeking out of a door way and fire a rocket, it will go straight through the door way and blow up and kill the person.

If I did the same scenario with Truth (I've done it and swore off it for this very reason) the rocket will "track" the player and swerve into the wall rather than just fly straight and pass through the door.

E92 M3

As long as you aren't still staring at the 12 year old girls, I think you're fine.

kMIoxpr.png

nOoblet16

Other games do have it, just not as bad. Bungie has, since Halo 3 that I can recall, tried to make the match as fair as possible to all players. If you remember, Halo 3 started that system where they added a small window of time to a kill to see if you would have killed your opponent too.

I think they expanded upon that. In my opinion, a bit too much, as evidenced by the fact that someone lagging that badly gets that kind of advantage (because, lets face it, how can you be sure he is where your screen shows him to be with that bad of a lag?) in PVP and doesn't get kicked/lagged out.

Yea I mean I did say other games have it but it either goes away or leads to them getting kicked mostly.

As you must know there are many kinds of lag, this particular kind of lag is different from the delay which is caused due to latency issues. This lag is most definitely caused due to packet loss and unstable data transfer....a lot of other games just kick you out if you have a lot of packet loss over a period of time as you simply end up ruining the game for everybody by teleporting everywhere...not in destiny where the person ends up being top of the table.

nOoblet16

Habit and I feel there's a zoom effect (even slightly) when focusing down sights.

But, again, I completely disagree.

If I'm aiming at someone peeking out of a door way and fire a rocket, it will go straight through the door way and blow up and kill the person.

If I did the same scenario with Truth (I've done it and swore off it for this very reason) the rocket will "track" the player and swerve into the wall rather than just fly straight and pass through the door.

This is a limitation of your own self and habit, not the gun because the gun is fully capable of killing that person peeking out of the doorway without tracking into the door if you don't ADS.

You aim when you want tracking you don't aim when you don't want tracking....the little zoom effect is completely unnecessary for a non-precision/exploding weapon like a RL since you aren't trying to get a direct hit with it unlike other guns. Basically a Truth will do everything a good roll Ash factory does.

Potential newbie raiders this week, it is looking very unlikely that I'll be able to host a raid this Thursday. I'll also be unable to the following week as I'll be out of the country. Sorry :( Those of you keeping score, this will be the first time I've missed two in a row since I first began them back in November 2014.

I'll cover for you this week, already have a bunch of first timers looking to do CE and get the 'going in blind' experience.

Any newbies and first timers looking to do Crota's End raid, let me know so I can organize a group.

So, for my first reset day ever thanks to France national day today, I got a really fun afternoon with a really insaaaane luck on the drops.
I ended up getting...

* Crux
* Monte Carlo
* Vex
* The whole VoG set for my titan
* The infamous bugged 2 elder cyphers at the same time

... all of them I were missing.
The Vex and Monte Carlo dropped from the same Atheon kill!

I feel... spoiled. ^^
Thanks to everyone I've played with today, and a big special thanks to...

... both of you for an awesome way to end this day.
I'm exhausted, but it was really fun, and even though the fight could use a tinyyyy biiiit less snipers (urg!) I had a lot of fun running circles around Skolas with you two!
Also thank you ruthless for streaming all this, my girlfriend -- whose visiting her parents this week -- had a great time watching me scrubbing it up with all of you. :)

Now to farm those chests for my last triumph...

Congrats, you had some crazy drops for sure...always great when someone gets loot they don't already have.

Dave_6

You should jump in on the flawless run. Also, I could have used you this past weekend for trials. I was in full scrub mode.

I may be up for a flawless (attempt) tonight. If so, it may be 7:30 CST before I can log on though.

My super scrubbiness (just made that up) was most of the problem. Here I am wanting to go for 3 wins this weekend on each character so I can get the chest. :/

spyder_ur

You should jump in on the flawless run. Also, I could have used you this past weekend for trials. I was in full scrub mode.

My rusty self would blow it and not even Grip would be able to save me on a flawless.

Yeah, was away last weekend and once I saw the map I was not desperate to hop back in last night. I missed any conversation - do people think they are going to rotate the trials maps between what we have already seen? That would make next week, what, Cauldron?

Thanks Drizz that would be awesome! Luckily we welcomed some more players as a couple of older core members will be out of the commission for some time. My future looks a bit brighter but I still need to figure stuff out for at least 2 weeks, Gaz will be traveling through different countries from the UK back home to Australia and we just received word that Akai got a baby girl :)

Ooh Gaz is coming home. One more Aussie joins the pack! Yellow bars for everyone!

Also Akai is married and had a kid? Wow I had no idea, always thought he was a student like yourself. Congrats to him, I've known him via Destiny since launch, he was the first Son of Mithras on my psn list.

Top Bottom