• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

My worst Destiny nightmare is beaten. Huge thanks to Shito and of course our sherpa Ruthles the Barbarian Jr. for helping us getting Skolas to his fucking knees!

Congrats! It was fun to watch and you all played really well together especially since there were two first timers on the kill.

lsGcHLI.jpg

Congrats to both hedera and shito, it was a team effort :)

Might do a Skolas run with Macello once we are both out of work if you are interested.
Also what rolls did you end up getting on that hopscotch?

Tested a lot last night and here what I realized:

1) Maxed stability and headseeker don't work great together.
That's because you want your pulse rifle to move up a bit on every burst so you can get 2 body shots and 1 head shot. With maxed stability the sight basically does not move.
So if you go with max stability you might wanna pick hidden hand instead of headseeker.

2) You want distance. What makes ppl pissed about the pilgrim is how hard it hits from all the way across a map. Hand-Laid Stock kills your range that is already lower than the messenger's. At that point you might as well use a hand cannon.

So HLS is a bad choice imo. You want either braced frame (max stability, 24 in the mag instead of 30) or smallbore (improved range and stability [not maxed], slower reload and 24 in the mag as well).

In the end, I believe Hidden hand goes great with braced frame.
While Headseeker does better with smallbore.

I settled with Red Dot/Sureshot, Hip Fire, Smallbore, Headseeker.

Need to test it today tho to see how effective it is.

Hedera

Congrats! It was fun to watch and you all played really well together especially since there were two first timers on the kill.
Thank you all in the chat! I had the stream open but was to concentrated to read anything :p

Edit: best top of the page ever!
Cause I'm in it

phen0m24

Look it's a new OT! Nice title! ;)

So my son has been playing at night on the ps4,relegating me to the barren wasteland that is xbone duty
sorry, xboners
. He apparently has a wish list involving Trials with Fig. Sorry Fig, you've been chosen. :p

So if you see "me" on chances are the voice will be a little higher and likely fewer Arnold impersonations.

Upside is Josh knows how to play pvp.

WipedOut

I think it's time they put other play lists in IB.

Fixed.

You ditched us last night for another team! Haha, it's all good though, as it worked out for both of us.

We made it to Mercury. Of course, Koro did the heavy lifting, but Shiny and I had some good kills as well. I think the best round I had was when I was last guardian standing on our team and was able to pull off a double down to finish the other team.

Then, I followed that up with one of my scrubbiest moments when I was last guardian standing again and missed my nova bomb on the last enemy only to get killed. I panicked and should have just shot him, as he had very little health. I should have recorded it, would have been funny to watch.

I was running off to help them with PoE but they had already done them, started out just to get help with the helmet and ended up with a trip to mercury so yes, it worked out best for both of us.

It almost didn't happen though, we were 7-0 with one loss, mercy had been redeemed. Facing a really good team, they went up 4-1, they proceed to kill themselves the next 3 rounds, I was like what the hell is going on, 4-4 they didn't kill themselves, we all met in the court and two just stopped and started dancing, the other guy had aleady died. They let us win the match, they had an 8-1 card and they just wanted the coins. Lucked out big time.

I did get the final kill in win 9 though, tied up 4-4, fist of panic closed it out.

EDIT: The match that almost was a loss - https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR?instanceId=3010336135&characterId=2305843009274353237

That is BS! Been all day in the crucible and the only way is Shotgun + melee. Shotgun alone only if its final round. If you meant as they are poping their super then yes.

I rolled all my high impact shotties with Shot Package and took many out where coming straight ahead, aim down sights, shoot, dead

Nuszka

Well.... I guess the next weapon I'm after is the hopscotch pilgrim.... that's really all that's left now. I have the messenger and it kicks ass, but because the pilgrim is hard to get and seems to be a great pvp weapon.... I must have it :p

Perfectly happy with everything else I have and the rolls.

it has a chance to drop in PoE, strikes, nightfalls, and weeklies right?

Just got back from a drinking spree and still in a tipsy state , but can you remember when I said I sharded my ash rocket cause it looks ass , do you remember il when I said I sharded pilgrim saying I could not spent any notes on weapons which are soon gonna be inferior in looks department to future stuff. Share master here , can't wait to come back home so I can rethink all the decisions I did. Btw hello ot 26 , my first post in it. Dude I am internet available already ( started drinking since 11 am ) so if you stream any stuff I would be greatly appreciated:)

Shito

So, for my first reset day ever thanks to France national day today, I got a really fun afternoon with a really insaaaane luck on the drops.
I ended up getting...

* Crux
* Monte Carlo
* Vex
* The whole VoG set for my titan
* The infamous bugged 2 elder cyphers at the same time

... all of them I were missing.
The Vex and Monte Carlo dropped from the same Atheon kill!

I feel... spoiled. ^^
Thanks to everyone I've played with today, and a big special thanks to...

Twitch.tv/djruthles

Streaming skolas with hedera and bonsoir.
My worst Destiny nightmare is beaten. Huge thanks to Shito and of course our sherpa Ruthles the Barbarian Jr. for helping us getting Skolas to his fucking knees!
... both of you for an awesome way to end this day.
I'm exhausted, but it was really fun, and even though the fight could use a tinyyyy biiiit less snipers (urg!) I had a lot of fun running circles around Skolas with you two!
Also thank you ruthless for streaming all this, my girlfriend -- whose visiting her parents this week -- had a great time watching me scrubbing it up with all of you. :)

Now to farm those chests for my last triumph...

noomi

This dropped for you in Trials? Perfect stats and perks.

Nah dude... that's what Brosiris is selling for everyone to purchase :D

That's because you want your pulse rifle to move up a bit on every burst so you can get 2 body shots and 1 head shot. With maxed stability the sight basically does not move.
So if you go with max agility you might wanna pick hidden hand instead of headseeker.

2) You want distance. What makes ppl pissed about the pilgrim is how hard it hits from all the way across a map. Hand-Laid Stock kills your range that is already lower than the messenger's. At that point you might as well use a hand cannon.

So HLS is a bad choice imo. You want either braced frame (max stability, 24 in the mag instead of 30) or smallbore (improved range and stability [not maxed], slower reload and 24 in the mag as well).

Awesome, lots of great info in there. I was stupid enough to dismantle two of them early on in HoW :( Now I want/need one!

You gonna be on tonight?

Maybe we can try to get the regulars to go for a flawless run if they're up to it (or if they're even on). Would be a nice change up from our regular activities.

Yeah I'll definitely be around tonight, and would love to try for flawless with the regular group.

I'll be around tonight. I can certainly help out (or ruin) a flawless run!

Nuszka

So if you go with max agility you might wanna pick hidden hand instead of headseeker.

This sound like space magic for my drunk mind right now , quoting for future reference...

Nah dude... that's what Brosiris is selling for everyone to purchase :D

Awesome, lots of great info in there. I was stupid enough to dismantle two of them early on in HoW :( Now I want/need one!

Holy shit I did not know that. I dismantled my first Matador and my first Party Crasher because I didn't like to play with shotguns.

Thank god I got both again later.

Ganhyun

No, just lag check this out:

http://gfycat.com/OrneryThankfulIndianelephant

Was dreadful. That guy with red bar was messing up all the game. A couple more were doing the same thing.

Yea, so, you saw him/he saw you where you died at. In reality he supered you there, which is why you died there and his aftershock is there. He basically ran past afterwards to that hallway where his animation appeared. He did not super twice. There was just so much lag, between him and a couple other red bars, that the game was having trouble giving accurate information.

Kinda like how in the last IB a GAF member posted their death where the guy moonwalked off the edge. We all know the guy didn't really do it, but the lag causes all sorts of crazy things to show up.

So, laggy bullshit aside, is this not the most ridiculous Titan smash you've ever seen?
Yes, especially considering the jersey wall protected an opponent from a titan smash during heavy round in Trials. He was two meters directly in front of me. Recks and Gunnerz witnessed this.

spyder_ur

I would be interested in a flawless tonight for sure.

EDIT- Oh hey, my name change went through. Nice.

You gonna be on tonight?

Maybe we can try to get the regulars to go for a flawless run if they're up to it (or if they're even on). Would be a nice change up from our regular activities.

I'll be around tonight. I can certainly help out (or ruin) a flawless run!

That sounds stressful.

Hay I'm taking StereoType if it's back on the market.

Was going to say I want to return to run PoE for the sniper but I already have a weapon core sitting around. How is the Sniper anyways?

Raybunny

Yea, so, you saw him/he saw you where you died at. In reality he supered you there, which is why you died there and his aftershock is there. He basically ran past afterwards to that hallway where his animation appeared. He did not super twice. There was just so much lag, between him and a couple other red bars, that the game was having trouble giving accurate information.

Kinda like how in the last IB a GAF member posted their death where the guy moonwalked off the edge. We all know the guy didn't really do it, but the lag causes all sorts of crazy things to show up.

Yes, just a messy crucible. Used to it from BF3 on pc.

noomi

Just got back from a drinking spree and still in a tipsy state , but can you remember when I said I sharded my ash rocket cause it looks ass , do you remember il when I said I sharded pilgrim saying I could not spent any notes on weapons which are soon gonna be inferior in looks department to future stuff. Share master here , can't wait to come back home so I can rethink all the decisions I did. Btw hello ot 26 , my first post in it. Dude I am internet available already ( started drinking since 11 am ) so if you stream any stuff I would be greatly appreciated:)

This makes me sad haha, but hey now we have something to chase again lol. I'll try and stream some goodies tonight depending on what we end up doing :D

Holy shit I did not know that. I dismantled my first Matador and my first Party Crasher because I didn't like to play with shotguns.

Thank god I got both again later.

Yeah man.... how little I knew back then. I was so pressed for vault space that I didn't even give it a second thought when dismantling....

Is that from me, you and noomi playing salvage?

I think I remember that moment lol.

Noomi was not amused.

It's a good thing I popped that golden gun as a distraction :|

Macello always be stealin' mah killz

Nuszka

This makes me sad haha, but hey now we have something to chase again lol. I'll try and stream some goodies tonight depending on what we end up doing :D
Yeah it seems when I left on holiday last week the amount of gear I need has quadrupled... At least something to do after I get back.

Haybro

That sounds stressful.

Hay I'm taking StereoType if it's back on the market.

Was going to say I want to return to run PoE for the sniper but I already have a weapon core sitting around. How is the Sniper anyways?

You should jump in on the flawless run. Also, I could have used you this past weekend for trials. I was in full scrub mode.

nOoblet16

No, just lag check this out:

http://gfycat.com/OrneryThankfulIndianelephant

Was dreadful. That guy with red bar was messing up all the game. A couple more were doing the same thing.

Yea it's just lag.
I do not understand how you can lag so much that you are literally doing weird shit and fucking up the game's animation. Like he killed you before you even see his animation then he goes over to the other place and that's when you see his animation pop up.

I don't understand how that happens and keeps going on for the entire game. I don't see this in any other game, you sometimes come across people who walk into walls or keep running straight but they end up disconnecting or they become normal, over here in Destiny people can play the entire match like that... I mean the nature of P2P game is that if someone is lagging for you then you will be lagging for him and as such both of you will have similar difficulty in hitting each other...here though one guy kills everyone and everyone else has massive trouble killing this guy.

Just what the fuck?

Top Bottom