• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Light levels have me more confused than I ever was with the old system. Can I wear good looking Common/Rare gear and still be level 40 in Iron Banner/Trials? If so, cool. I don't need to wear Oryx's asshat for faster sprinting when waking the Hive.

xinek

Ok, please forgive my confusion. I stopped playing Destiny last fall, and I'm going to boot up my game to see where my character is and so on, since I'm planning on getting TTK. I have no DLC, and my level is in the high 20s. I'm in the DestinyGAF NA Central clan, but it looks pretty dead. How do people team up for strikes and stuff? This thread? I'd like to try a raid, but I think I'm too low level. *kicks dirt*

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yeah I think it was.

Yes, it was.

Ok, please forgive my confusion. I stopped playing Destiny last fall, and I'm going to boot up my game to see where my character is and so on, since I'm planning on getting TTK. I have no DLC, and my level is in the high 20s. I'm in the DestinyGAF NA Central clan, but it looks pretty dead. How do people team up for strikes and stuff? This thread? I'd like to try a raid, but I think I'm too low level. *kicks dirt*

Strikes got its own matchmaking playlist.
Raid you should get doing in 26-27s i think.
This is baby's first MMO though >__>
by baby I mean me.
. I'd rather that picture say level 31/light level 10 (making that up) than it say level 31/light 242
Less of a MMO and more of Open Matchmaking Lobby Hangouts with Instanced Raids and whatnot.

Lnkn52

Light levels have me more confused than I ever was with the old system. Can I wear good looking Common/Rare gear and still be level 40 in Iron Banner/Trials? If so, cool. I don't need to wear Oryx's asshat for faster sprinting when waking the Hive.

chicken wings

!purge Phaethon

Gjallarhorn_icon1.jpg

todd360

Uhh why are there people logging on to buy this and then complaining they are locked out of farming coins because they don't have the dlc? Why would you even want to use a ghorn on stuff you played a thousand times when their is new content to melt with ghorn?

find out what level your at. if your appropriate level (with 3)for the activity, Im sure we can get you through it

Uhh why are there people logging on to buy this and then complaining they are locked out of farming coins because they don't have the dlc? Why would you even want to use a ghorn on stuff you played a thousand times when their is new content to melt with ghorn?

wut, where hoo?

TheBear

Hey guys I was mucking around with destiny last night (tried to buy a gjallerhorn and was 16 coins short) and thought to myself 'destiny is alright, maybe I should buy TTK' until I realised that I have to spend $80 to get it digitally because I am running vanilla. This kind of seems like bullshit, because I am more than happy to spend $60 on it which is the price of a whole new game, but $80 on expansions is crazy. I know there's cheaper ways to get the physical copy but this isn't an option for me. So what are my options? Sit and hope for a price drop?

Also, if I was to pick up the expansions now, am I wasting my time battling with the current levelling system? Currently lvl26. Just don't want to waste my time collecting flowers or some shit to gain a level and then jump like 10 levels after playing the new patch for an hour.
Lastly, I never got around the playing vault of glass. How do I get in on that?

Cheers

yes you can wear Common/Rare gear in IB/ToO but just like it is now, you'll be at a disadvantage VS the other players. it's the same as jumping into ToO today wearing all Common gear.

the level next to your name will matter much less when TTK comes out. the Light stat gained from weapons and armor is how you get stronger after capping at level 40.

I guess you could say level 40 is the new 20 in TTK :)

Hey guys I was mucking around with destiny last night (tried to buy a gjallerhorn and was 16 coins short) and thought to myself 'destiny is alright, maybe I should buy TTK' until I realised that I have to spend $80 to get it digitally because I am running vanilla. This kind of seems like bullshit, because I am more than happy to spend $60 on it which is the price of a whole new game, but $80 on expansions is crazy. I know there's cheaper ways to get the physical copy but this isn't an option for me. So what are my options? Sit and hope for a price drop?

Also, if I was to pick up the expansions now, am I wasting my time battling with the current levelling system? Currently lvl26. Just don't want to waste my time collecting flowers or some shit to gain a level and then jump like 10 levels after playing the new patch for an hour.

Cheers

your questions:
if you don't have expansions getting coins this week is crappy because the weekly is a DLC strike :(. trying to run strike playlist, hopefully youll get there :)

You can buy the whole kit an caboodle for 60 on TTK launch day. Do NOT buy the expansions right now.

You can get to level 32 buy just grinding for marks (strike playlist or just playing Crucible) and buying gear in the tower, no DLC required for that.

Grinding for "flowers" is a thing of LONG past. you dont need to farm for planet mats anymore if you dont want to. you can use your vanguard or crucible marks to buy them in the tower. 10 marks for 20 mats

Also Mat and glimmer requirements have been significantly reduced for upgrades.
example:
OLD: 16 mats a node
New 5 mats a node

If you want to play VOG, just make an LFG post right here and get it going. if you see one forming hop in. Everyone here is quite high level and can walk you through VOG no problem. just remember, to get into any activty, you have to be within 3 levels of the requirement.

EVERYTHING I mentioned doesn't require ANY DLC

Have fun Guardian and welcome back to the fold!

Have they said if all of these new exotics (excluding what I assume will be the one raid-only exotic) will be attainable from everywhere else? So the day after TTK comes out, I could run VoG/Crota and possibly get these new weapons?

PEW PEW BOOM!

or is the other way around......

Have they said if all of these new exotics (excluding what I assume will be the one raid-only exotic) will be attainable from everywhere else? So the day after TTK comes out, I could run VoG/Crota and possibly get these new weapons?

it didn't work that way when TDB launched. meaning you couldn't get the new exotics from VOG for example. which was nice, because then I knew the game wouldn't troll me with yet another No land beyond.

Daemul

I hope these people logging back into Destiny to get the Horn have been following the news and know that it's getting nerfed, otherwise there's going to a shitstorm when 2.0.0 comes out soon.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
They haven't said it but it likely won't work like that. It didn't for the other dlc and it shouldn't for this one. Should give a people a reason to go back to past raids/poe (for the raid specific exotics)

Ophelion

I hope so. That will give high level players some minor loot-based incentive to run the old raids for those that don't see "for the fun" being a good enough motivator.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I hope so. That will give high level players some minor loot-based incentive to run the old raids for those that don't see "for the fun" being a good enough motivator.
Yeah but if those loot tables are updated newbies will complain about how hard it is to get a mythocast and crux

I want them to implement a collection system for the old Raids. much like the shader unlock system we could unlock raid gear/weapons/emblems and not worry about vault space.

Yeah but if those loot tables are updated newbies will complain about how hard it is to get a mythocast and crux

vex and crux are on their own roll and and doesn't take up the "exotic roll"

you can get a vex and another exotic on Atheon for example. it wouldn't effect anything.

I hope these people logging back into Destiny to get the Horn have been following the news and know that it's getting nerfed, otherwise there's going to a shitstorm when 2.0.0 comes out soon.

hopefully they stick around long enough to see how much the game has changed and wont really care.

who am I kidding! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

EloquentM

aka Mannny
vex and crux are on their own roll and and doesn't take up the "exotic roll"

you can get a vex and another exotic on Atheon for example. it wouldn't effect anything.
Ohh, now that I think about it you're correct. What was their reason for not including a new loot table for vanilla VoG and CE? To account for upgraded exotics and new exotics in edition to the vanilla pool?

E92 M3

Cheers

You can buy the $60 dollar version and sell the disc. DLC are codes.

Top Bottom