• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

SnakeEyes

Banned
Something has just occurred to me.

With the TTK release, and the fact that the current speculation is that the Sleeper Simulant Exotic weapon is split into 50 different pieces aboard the Dreadnaught, someone's going to need to create a Google Doc and link it in the OP of OT|28| so we can update it for people looking for the parts.

Gotta catch 'em all, after all.

I hope Bungie releases Xur figures for this weekend. Think I remember them doing that once when Ice Breaker was sold and the numbers seemed insane, can only imagine what these stats are going to be for how many Ballerhorns were sold.

Lunar FC

I hope Bungie releases Xur figures for this weekend. Think I remember them doing that once when Ice Breaker was sold and the numbers seemed insane, can only imagine what these figures are going to be.

Thought you were talking about action figures for a second there.

Anybody interested in a flawless raid tonight?

LTWood12

From the GI article linked above. I don't know what to do with this.

"It's funny, there's an interesting reaction, which is the opposite of what we wanted, because we're actually trying to create more viable options so you have more choices to pick from," says senior designer Sage Merrill. "There was a bug late in the development of Destiny where the trails didn't appear for the sub-munitions of Gjallarhorn, so you couldn't see what it was doing and it wasn't this spectacular display that it is now. However, the bug didn't get logged as, 'This doesn't look awesome." It got logged as 'isn't powerful enough.'"

This fun story gives us some insight into one of the reasons that Gjallarhorn might have become a dominating force among the Destiny community. Merrill went on to describe the intricacies of weapon balancing and why developers find it so tricky. A designer can't always trust the cold math that dictates a weapon's DPS, because our own human perceptions tinker with how a game feels balanced.

Namikaze1

Gjallarhorn #1
Got it from a legendary engram 24 hours before Xur sold it for the first time. This was back when legendary engrams could get you blue shit.

Gjallarhorn #2
Christmas week. Went and did nightfall with Zoba. I told him I'm gonna get Gjallarhorn. I totally called it.

Gjallarhorn #3-6
Dismantled. I was an idiot.

Gjallarhorn #7
Legendary engram.

Gjallarhorn #8
Trials Silver package. I stole it from Todd weeks before he got it from the Mercury chest.

Gjallarhorn #9-10
I bought them this morning.

Gjallarhorn #1

Got it from a legendary engram 24 hours before Xur sold it for the first time. This was back when legendary engrams could get you blue shit.

Gjallarhorn #2
Christmas week. Went and did nightfall with Zoba. I told him I'm gonna get Gjallarhorn. I totally called it.

Gjallarhorn #3-6
Dismantled. I was an idiot.

Gjallarhorn #7
Legendary engram.

Gjallarhorn #8
Trials Silver package. I stole it from Todd weeks before he got it from the Mercury chest.

Gjallarhorn #9-10
I bought them this morning.

I remember this one, you were being cursed when you posted it. GOLD

phen0m24

Why hasn't anyone scheduled a Gjallarhorn-only raid yet?

Where have you been? Have you seen Narmer's disturbing post? I await some sort of Narmer gif for the next OT. :p

Narmer Quest™
on PS4
9/9/14 - 8/14/15

On many a day and into the night
Narmer and friends went forth to fight
In disarray often, sensibilities tabled
As was often the case, Hard Mode™ enabled.

Once Bytestyle stood ready - yet trouble was brewing
Narmer charged forth from the room "What the !@#$ is he doing?"
Fearless his charge - all damage to absorb
After much swearing - he was naught but an orb

A foolhardy challenge - not exactly the brightest
Carry Narmer through Crota?!! Yet he proved not the lightest.
"I got this" he exclaimed charging forth at BOTH ogres
A soul in the sky marked that run as quite OVER.

With each enemy vanquished and ammo depleted
Not receiving THAT reward left our hero defeated
True fun was had, jokes left teams rollin!
But alas, all too often his precious was stolen.

He tried not to care - would congratulate the other
But would gladly have traded both father and mother
Why so elusive - just how can this be?
Many nights were spent cursing that foul R.N.G.

49 Fridays till that bright August morn
When Narmer bought his Gjallarhorn.
Go forth to battle! Solar burn all the turf!!
Enjoy for a while -
till Luke brings the nerf.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

With the TTK release, and the fact that the current speculation is that the Sleeper Simulant Exotic weapon is split into 50 different pieces aboard the Dreadnaught, someone's going to need to create a Google Doc and link it in the OP of OT|28| so we can update it for people looking for the parts.

Thought those were two different exotics

ocean

Banned
I got mine from Crota. Hard mode and I was changing gear around and accidentally stayed at level 30 throughout the whole thing. Someone on the party chat goes "dude why are you level 30? You're not gonna do any damage" but I never even considered it was me.

Team killed Crota first try (somehow I stayed alive) and they're like "dude Gjallarhorn nice!" When I realized it was me, I lost it.

Drizz thanks for that fateful run!! So so good :)

Where have you been? Have you seen Narmer's disturbing post? I await some sort of Narmer gif for the next OT. :p

Narmer Quest™
on PS4
9/9/14 - 8/14/15

On many a day and into the night
Narmer and friends went forth to fight
In disarray often, sensibilities tabled
As was often the case, Hard Mode™ enabled.

Once Bytestyle stood ready - yet trouble was brewing
Narmer charged forth from the room "What the !@#$ is he doing?"
Fearless his charge - all damage to absorb
After much swearing - he was naught but an orb

A foolhardy challenge - not exactly the brightest
Carry Narmer through Crota?!! Yet he proved not the lightest.
"I got this" he exclaimed charging forth at BOTH ogres
A soul in the sky marked that run as quite OVER.

With each enemy vanquished and ammo depleted
Not receiving THAT reward left our hero defeated
True fun was had, jokes left teams rollin!
But alas, all too often his precious was stolen.

He tried not to care - would congratulate the other
But would gladly have traded both father and mother
Why so elusive - just how can this be?
Many nights were spent cursing that foul R.N.G.

49 Fridays till that bright August morn
When Narmer bought his Gjallarhorn.
Go forth to battle! Solar burn all the turf!!
Enjoy for a while -
till Luke brings the nerf.

A+

10/10 would read again.

That AABB rhyme scheme is just fantastic. Walt Whitman and Pablo Neruda would be damn proud.

Namikaze1

I'm not gonna lie, I threw my first Gjallarhorn into the vault after getting it. I too didn't think I needed it taking an exotic spot that I could better use it for Hawkmoon and Monte Carlo (it was good before the AR nerfs!!!)

Lee

"I can overpower a gun just by adjusting the audio," says Merrill. "People will say, 'this gun is useless,' but then we change the audio to give at this huge sniper boom and the next day people will say, 'this gun is completely broken and overpowered.'" All we did was change the audio. It doesn't matter if guns are really balanced, it matters if they are perceived as being balanced. I could have a gun that is completely underpowered, but if everybody assumed it was really strong because it felt badass, we would probably still have to do some balancing to it."

I feel like some people at Bungie are completely fucking disconnected from the community. There are crazy intricate spreadsheets on DPS and TTK for every gun in this game, hundreds of videos regarding optimal rolls for every gun, and they act like we have the "perception of balance" of a fucking toddler.

Sorry. Rant over. This guy just sounds super condescending. We know which guns are overpowered and it has nothing to do with how they sound. We play this game every day ffs.

silly, we will hit OT 29 or 30 by the time TTK hits.

also, it wouldn't surprise me, and it would be pretty cool if they released each piece, 5 at a time each week, for 10 weeks. kind of like the queens bounties. Each piece will be a bounty and they will have just vague clues or riddles as to there whereabouts. like a scavenger hunt.

TheGentleman

Neo Member

Just thinking on that, would've been neat if once you got all 50 Ghost pieces you unlocked a skin for your Ghost, as well as a Trophy/Achievement.

In answer to your post I do hope someone creates a google Doc for those that don't have time to explore the ship looking for the pieces. ^^

Can't wait for the DLC though, Have the physical CE pre-ordered,
Good thing about living in NZ, no mad dash for pre-orders
most times

Lnkn52

Narmer needs a new avatar

Gjallarhorn_icon1.jpg

Sigh. Nothing but dragon Strikes after the nightfall. I really want to hope there will be more people looking for groups during the weekend :(

That post ragequit friend list purge is taking its toll on me.

Kalamari

I feel like some people at Bungie are completely fucking disconnected from the community. There are crazy intricate spreadsheets on DPS and TTK for every gun in this game, hundreds of videos regarding optimal rolls for every gun, and they act like we have the "perception of balance" of a fucking toddler.

Sorry. Rant over. This guy just sounds super condescending. We know which guns are overpowered and it has nothing to do with how they sound. We play this game every day ffs.

I agree, I think they tend to use somewhat of a cowboy approach when balancing things rather than looking at how things truly interact within the game's mechanics.

Gjallarhorn #1: first time playing PoE 28 on my Hunter. My last guaranteed exotic from lvl 28.

Gjallarhorn #2: random nightfall 3 weeks later.

Gjallarhorn #3 and #4: today from Xûr.

I played almost every day from day 1 until xmas and never got a Gjallarhorn. I quit and came back 3 days before HoW, then got my Gjallarhorn.

KxoZz

Okay, someone give me tips on Ash Factory Rerolling.
Currently I have Grenades and Horseshoes, Clown Cartridge, Heavy Payload, Fitted Stock and Single Point Sling.
I know G&H is the most important. Fitted Stock and SPS are probably useless on a RL.
Should I keep it with Clown Cartridge or try and get something else like Tripod or Tracking?

phen0m24

Okay, someone give me tips on Ash Factory Rerolling.
Currently I have Grenades and Horseshoes, Clown Cartridge, Heavy Payload, Fitted Stock and Single Point Sling.
I know G&H is the most important. Fitted Stock and SPS are probably useless on a RL.
Should I keep it with Clown Cartridge or try and get something else like Tripod or Tracking?

Ash Factory you want:

Javelin
Tripod (or Clown Cartridge would work)
Grenades and Horseshoes

I got 6 ghorns in about 2.5 months. Pretty much all from raids and nightfall.

Hell, there wasn't a sought after weapon I didn't get at least once if not multiple times. I still believe to this day that it was the single best run of luck destiny will ever have since the patch changes the drop system.

Top Bottom