• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Nuszka

y4NROV.gif

Fuck PvP in destiny
"Misadventures" my ass

Had so many situations like that, at some stage i just stopped recording it, when i encounter this amount of lag i immediately leave the match. This is the way we are meant to play crucible lol.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Had so many situations like that, at some stage i just stopped recording it, when i encounter this amount of lag i immediately leave the match. This is the way we are meant to play crucible lol.

With the sales they keep bragging about maybe, just maybe, they could invest in some servers.

But im sure profit > gameplay

Bah pvp makes me salty in this game.

It seems like way more heavy ammo is dropping too. Killed a group of thralls and about 10 heavy ammo packs dropped.

Xur, the bringer of purple rain. God of the arena tower.

Cade

Glad I got a vanguard mentor missive earlier and it was the good roll so I can get Invective. I've been wanting it for a while now. Got it earlier and now I'm on the last part, trying to scrounge Glimmer.

Glad I got a vanguard mentor missive earlier and it was the good roll so I can get Invective. I've been wanting it for a while now. Got it earlier and now I'm on the last part, trying to scrounge Glimmer.

Eww that the one where you gotta buy lots of green ammo?

Its much easier now with ether chest farming and PoE and what not.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Knightbone Guard legendary gauntlets. Yay or nay?

Also I can't remember but you can't equip 2 Exotic weapons at the same time right? I know you cant with armour. I use my Ice Breaker loads so dunno if its worth getting the Gjallarhorn.

I have 7 coins at the moment and could use the next 6 from the Weekly to get the Insurmountable Skullfort.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Knightbone Guard legendary gauntlets. Yay or nay?

Also I can't remember but you can't equip 2 Exotic weapons at the same time right? I know you cant with armour. I use my Ice Breaker loads so dunno if its worth getting the Gjallarhorn.

I have 7 coins at the moment and could use the next 6 from the Weekly to get the Insurmountable Skullfort.

Only 1 exotic of each type at any one time.
1 weapon & 1 armor

Seriously dont be scared to run it i mean how do you think we all learned VoG.Just let it be known its your first time and have them just say what needs to be done after about two runs youll be bossing people on what to do.

Do you or anyone need PoE 34,32 or nightfall just gotta be competent should be a piece of cake?

Last time we did it I still have it burned in my mind. Literally a baptism of fire, since to warm up we ran my first nightfall while waiting for the rest of the newbie tem.

My worst issue is "going blind" when swarmed. I reach a point where once I screw up I can't see where I am going or think fast while trying to run for a safe spot. Usually the result of abusing the shotgun in close range or letting the enemies getting too close due to not killing them on time. I relly should spend some time levelling up the Suros Regime. it is still good for PvE, isnt it?

I still need somebody for POE 32 or even trying 34 for the first time, but chances are there won't be a lot of people left by late night. Isn't there an EuroDgaf group? (for timezone matching)

Hey guys
So this is an attempt to gather some intel from those of you who regularly get to the Lighthouse (or very close to it!). I can do pretty well in the Crucible usually, and I've even managed to own a fair few matches in Elimination, but when it comes to Trials everything seems to fall apart.
Any advice that you guys can offer? Is there a class/subclass you find easier to win with? Particular loadouts? I've done all of my Trials attempts through LFG, so that probably isn't helping me out much either :p

I still need somebody for POE 32 or even trying 34 for the first time, but chances are there won't be a lot of people left by late night. Isn't there an EuroDgaf group? (for timezone matching)

I recommend a good hand canon they kill quicker then use a shotgun if they get too close.Just always know how much ammo you have in the clip and how many bullets it takes to drop them if you get up close and personal.

I can do a 34 PoE if you wanna do it now psn is Legendkilla3rd or just add me and i among others here will help teach what we can.

Hey guys
So this is an attempt to gather some intel from those of you who regularly get to the Lighthouse (or very close to it!). I can do pretty well in the Crucible usually, and I've even managed to own a fair few matches in Elimination, but when it comes to Trials everything seems to fall apart.
Any advice that you guys can offer? Is there a class/subclass you find easier to win with? Particular loadouts? I've done all of my Trials attempts through LFG, so that probably isn't helping me out much either :p

Theres others who are better suited to explain trials basically the meta is hand cannon.TheLastWord and Thorn also Hawkmoon is what kills quickest and if your good at shotgunning use that if your a kjhovey at sniping do that.Most use hunters for blink jump or warlocks for self revive and excellent burning gernades which can drop a groups health to the point a tap will kill them.with the burn perks.

The pvp requirements for the exotic bounty to get thorn are going to kill me.
I've given up already on it. The only idea I can see is meeting for a match of rumble or clash and killing ourselves on purpose all the time until we get the 500 points. And yet it would be a pain without primary void weaponry

Tecnniqe

Banned
The pvp requirements for the exotic bounty to get thorn are going to kill me.

I've given up already on it. The only idea I can see is meeting for a match of rumble or clash and killing ourselves on purpose all the time until we get the 500 points. And yet it would be a pain without primary void weaponry

As long as you maintain a 0.4K/D void damage you are going to complete it :)
But yes, Void Adept Jewel i had came in real handy

Hey guys

Don't run off on your own. Always try and get revives if you can. Gear that lets you quick revive helps a lot, like the crest of alpha lupi. Golden gun is my favourite PvP class. I always run with Hawkmoon, the Supremacy / Her Benevolance (queen snipers) and a rocket launcher that explodes nearby the enemy.
Keep in mind that the enemy will usually try to push in if one of your team mates die, so be ready for that. And try to prevent the enemy team from reviving their team mates. If you have a sniper with enough impact you can instantly kill a revived player when they're still in the animation. Go for a headshot as soon as their feet hit the ground. Other then that it's just getting used to the usual play styles and lines of sight on each map.

If you play as a sunsinger or bladedancer use fire/arcbolt grenades. They tend to hit and damage the enemy very well, giving you an opportunity to get the easy kill, or causing them to retreat. Sunsingers grenades are a real pain if you use set them to ignite enemies and extra burn time and damage. Enemies hit by that one are out of play for a long time and will hardly have any health left. You can also see where they're going as you'll see the damage points from the burn coming from them.

Hey guys

Run with either of the pro's on GAF, they can give you a lot of pointers. Important is to have fun, be verbal and try to revive your teammates. As already mentioned the holy trinity of exotic hand cannons is probably your best bet, but pulse rifles can mess up a sniper's aim easily (I can relate). Choice of secondary depends on your play style: either shotgun (paired with blink is so annoying) or sniper. Gear-wise I would recommend one of the quick revive armor pieces (Alpha Lupi on Hunter and Titan, and Light Beyond Nemesis for Warlocks). Also, builds with high Discipline and/or Intellect seem to work best for me.

Namikaze1

At least you guys have more Void options now. I had to use Atheon's Epilogue to complete that bounty back in November. That and Praedyth's Revenge. Didn't had a Truth or Corrective Measure at the time so I was without a void heavy. I spent 4 hours one November morning to grind that out.

Kyoufu

At least you guys have more Void options now. I had to use Atheon's Epilogue to complete that bounty back in November. That and Praedyth's Revenge. Didn't had a Truth or Corrective Measure at the time so I was without a void heavy. I spent 4 hours one November morning to grind that out.

I used a void fusion rifle back when FRs were awesome.

I miss fusion rifles :'(

maomaoIYP

Particular loadouts? I've done all of my Trials attempts through LFG, so that probably isn't helping me out much either :p
I'm an average trials player, so my tips may be just of average use. Heh.
LFG isn't good at all for trials at all. A lot of players are only looking for flawless or nothing and will quit as soon as there's a loss. You need to play with a team whom you can click with, communication and a friendly rapport makes a world of difference. I have had the best games playing with gaffers, and even if we're all pretty average I have lots of fun.
Don't be afraid to lose if you're not familiar with tactics for trials, you learn more than if you keep wiping your card to start from scratch.
Don't crowd your teammates in lanes, knocking into each other messes up shots.
Talk to each other and try to set up flanking opportunities.
I usually only use two types of exotic armor: quick revive or grenades on respawn. I prefer quick revive because you should always prioritize reviving teammates.
Learn to count your damage. Health ranges from about 190 to about 220 (with ram) based on skill setup. For example, one headshot with thorn gives 87, arcbolt grenade does 120. This means that it's a guaranteed kill. Same with firebolt grenades.

Living across the world from my little brother, watching him play on stream with the Devils is so exciting. Drizz, Stabie, Rubenov, Zoba, the Devils and everyone else who carries players through Trials: you guys are awesome.

Watching these games is more tense than playing myself :p They're 5-0 so far!

Had to go to bed so I missed the stream, but its awesome to hear he got to run with those guys. That experience would outdo any shitty random match made baggers. Good on everyone that's taken time to help someone they've never even spoken with before. Overall Destiny has a great community and I'm proud to be part of it.

Thanks for taking the time to give me Trials advice guys. I've been through many combinations of armour/weapons and can't seem to settle on sniping or shotgunning. I've watched Unstable's and Nghtly's streams plenty and they just make it all look like child's play :p
I only really want to get to Mercury for the grimoire. I know I could get carried there pretty easily, but I'd like to know I could eventually get there myself, you know?

Namikaze1

I've seen way too many people complaining over the past 24 hours due to being locked out of Weekly to get coins for the Gjallarhorn. People should know by now that Weekly rotates through every non-Ps exclusive strike. Of course there will be a week where the Weekly is a DLC. Bungie didn't wake up Tuesday morning and said "Let's fuck some people over by making this week's weekly from one of the expansions and have Xur bring Gjallarhorn."

I've also seen a lot of people saying they're reinstalling the game to get Gjallarhorn.

And now I've seen people complaining about Taken King requiring you own the year one expansions. No shit. Taken King continues TDB storyline and makes references to your actions against the House of Wolves.

As long as you maintain a 0.4K/D void damage you are going to complete it :)
But yes, Void Adept Jewel i had came in real handy

Since only kills from the secondary weapon count, my ratio goes down fast. I am not terrible with a pulse or scout while going for the mid range, but shotgun always ends in death for me. I tried with fusions and nothing either. Did not try sniping in control naps as I only played clash and rumble.

todd360

I've seen way too many people complaining over the past 24 hours due to being locked out of Weekly to get coins for the Gjallarhorn. People should know by now that Weekly rotates through every non-Ps exclusive strike. Of course there will be a week where the Weekly is a DLC. Bungie didn't wake up Tuesday morning and said "Let's fuck some people over by making this week's weekly from one of the expansions and have Xur bring Gjallarhorn."

I've also seen a lot of people saying they're reinstalling the game to get Gjallarhorn.

And now I've seen people complaining about Taken King requiring you own the year one expansions. No shit. Taken King continues TDB storyline and makes references to your actions against the House of Wolves.

Fook this dlc ridden game. Its straight up infested with dlc. Also their isn't enough content in main game. We need more content.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Since only kills from the secondary weapon count, my ratio goes down fast. I am not terrible with a pulse or scout while going for the mid range, but shotgun always ends in death for me. I tried with fusions and nothing either. Did not try sniping in control naps as I only played clash and rumble.

I found aiming with the shotgun gives more consistent kills. Give that a go if you dont already.

maomaoIYP

Are you doing it with a hunter? It was a lot easier doing it with a void subclass.

Top Bottom