• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

I feel a sense of relief and also sadness knowing that I spent about 3 hours shooting shit over and over again.

3,580, need 20 more. I will have 3,600

4 Rumble = 5
21 VIP Pats = 5
1000 Titan Kills = 5
30 Skirmish = 5

It will be done

You plan to stop at 3600? Why not go to max?

Namikaze1

Personally I think rumble is pretty easy.Aubrey it's, because I'm only carrying myself.
I played 5 games. In 4 of them, everyone but me were using Thorn. I was using the Last Word. Came close to winning one of those 4 matches. Only won one of those 5 matches and it was the only one where only one guy was using Thorn.

Can Bungie just release the weapon patch already?

Edit: your unedited post will live on through this one! Bwuahahahahaha!

I played 5 games. In 4 of them, everyone but me were using Thorn. I was using the Last Word. Came close to winning one of those 4 matches. Only won one of those 5 matches and it was the only one where only one guy was using Thorn.

Can Bungie just release the weapon patch already?

Edit: your unedited post will live on through this one! Bwuahahahahaha!
Screw you. I'm so tired. Worked 11-9 yesterday and today I got up at 6 to go and work 7-4. Fuckkkkk

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
PoE small chests have a high chance of giving you Strange Coins. Just do PoE28 till you have enough. :)

Doing the process now to unlock PoE. Just finished the quest where I head to the Vault and now doing the one to climb the tower.

How hard is the PoE and does it have matchmaking?

Did you give Bungie your email address? That nets you 9 coins. Just not sure if they will arrive in time before Xur leaves...

Yea got my coins a few weeks back.

Doing the process now to unlock PoE. Just finished the quest where I head to the Vault and now doing the one to climb the tower.

Check your postmaster, there was a glitch during the week where Bungie resent all the coins

3,600 is the goal for now, after I'll work a little less frantically to get the missing grim scores :)

Sometimes it is, out of 8 matches I only won 3. The other 5 I was always 2nd or 3rd place :/

Titan Rank 3 (500 kills away, Warlock Rank 2 (100 kills away), Warlock Rank 3, Rumble Rank 2 (24 wins away), Rumble Rank 3, Salvage Rank 1 (13 wins away), Salvage Rank 2, Salvage Rank 3

Until Max. Knocking out Rumble with Warlock. And once that is done I'll be doing Salvage with my Titan then switching to my hunter when I can.

Namikaze1

Remember to go visit Eva, Nami.

*goes to do Rumble for an hour and a half*

*goes to Tower, hands in Crucible Bounties, and switches to Titan*

*goes to Tower, upgrades second Found Verdict, heads back to orbit, and closes game*

I keep forgetting her. Logging on again just to see her wares.

PoE 28 is very very easy and has MM.
32, 34, and 35 don't have MM. But I'm sure some nice people around here will run it with you.

I'm telling Eva you don't love her anymore Nami.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
PoE 28 is very very easy and has MM.
32, 34, and 35 don't have MM. But I'm sure some nice people around here will run it with you.

PoE 28 has matchmaking and it is easy. The rest do not.

Alright thanks guys. Think I've unlocked PoE now.

Check your postmaster, there was a glitch during the week where Bungie resent all the coins

Sadly nothing. :(

Edit: Ok I got 2 Treasure Keys. These chests only at the end of PoE?

At least you guys have more Void options now. I had to use Atheon's Epilogue to complete that bounty back in November. That and Praedyth's Revenge. Didn't had a Truth or Corrective Measure at the time so I was without a void heavy. I spent 4 hours one November morning to grind that out.

I did it with a fusion rifle before the nerf. Easiest bounty ever. On those days special weapons could be used as a primary anyway.

E92 M3

I love that when Titans shoulder-charge me in Crucible when I have my Ram on, they just run away expecting me to die. The Ram has saved me from so many charges, and then I shotgun them in the back before they have even realised what happend.

It is honestly hilarious. I've even walked away from a Ranlock once lol.

Draper

I feel like an idiot. Where can I find the weekly heroic so I can try to accrue some coins? Is it the same as the nightly? Am I able to access it at level 28?

Let me guess, no communication?

Lemme guess, they ungratefully bitch at you?

Oh god. That already sounds bad.

Pretty much all of this. Plus the cold reality of not enough overall skill to compete with the full sweaty teams we kept matching. Teams with 2.0 K/D's and 80% wins in Trials. If my buddies combine for 6 kills + 20 deaths... bleeaarrgghhh.

They can't snipe so they bitch about me sniping and want to shotgun rush... But they can't move fast so when I rush they end up half a mile behind me. Trials is a completely different beast than any other Destiny PvP. It's hard to explain to most people. You can't be impatient with "an itchy trigger finger" as my friend described himself.

You need to understand sight lines, orb control, applying radar pressure, baiting grenades, staying alive while pressuring/baiting, getting a pick then pushing, how to pinch when you have a man advantage, when to revive and when NOT to revive. Most of all you have to be patient and play smart. Scrubby teams have become an endangered species in Trials by now, the large majority are at least decent to good. PvE players who only wanted loot have been forced out by the PvP players who enjoy the competition.

First week of TTK Trials with all new loot will see a scrub-splosion. I can't wait.

Silvard

Pretty much all of this. Plus the cold reality of not enough overall skill to compete with the full sweaty teams we kept matching. Teams with 2.0 K/D's and 80% wins in Trials. If my buddies combine for 6 kills + 20 deaths... bleeaarrgghhh.

They can't snipe so they bitch about me sniping and want to shotgun rush... But they can't move fast so when I rush they end up half a mile behind me. Trials is a completely different beast than any other Destiny PvP. It's hard to explain to most people. You can't be impatient with "an itchy trigger finger" as my friend described himself.

You need to understand sight lines, orb control, applying radar pressure, baiting grenades, staying alive while pressuring/baiting, getting a pick then pushing, how to pinch when you have a man advantage, when to revive and when NOT to revive. Most of all you have to be patient and play smart. Scrubby teams have become an endangered species in Trials by now, the large majority are at least decent to good. PvE players who only wanted loot have been forced out by the PvP players who enjoy the competition.

First week of TTK Trials with all new loot will see a scrub-splosion. I can't wait.

I want to be good at Destiny's PvP. I'm decent, or at least consider myself decent, in random Crucible matches and I think I have some capacity for learning. I want to put in effort to improve and become a capable player on my own that is a credit to a team, especially for the more competitive modes of PvP like Trials, which I see as the real end-game.

But it's hard as an up until now solo player. I'm hoping that now that I'm playing with DGAF I'll get more chances to practice, and learn from people better than me.

Deku Tree

Nice write up!

I am expecting (hoping too) that based on Luke Smiths comments that they are taking the PvE focused gear like the Elemental damage Primaries out of the Trials loot table. If they do that then maybe the scrub-exploration when they open TTK trials won't be as big as the first time.

I love it when Bungie tries to play a crucible community game and the servers and code are trash. Rumble is making me cynical. Why did I just join another game where the person was leading with 790.

Stop it Bungie.

EDIT: JOINED ANOTHER GAME AND THE GUY HAD 500+ POINTS ALREADY

maomaoIYP

I want to be good at Destiny's PvP. I'm decent, or at least consider myself decent, in random Crucible matches and I think I have some capacity for learning. I want to put in effort to improve and become a capable player on my own that is a credit to a team, especially for the more competitive modes of PvP like Trials, which I see as the real end-game.

But it's hard as an up until now solo player. I'm hoping that now that I'm playing with DGAF I'll get more chances to practice, and learn from people better than me.

I play crucible solo as well, and I find that the Elimination game mode incredibly useful for practising for trials.

That sounds a lot different from what im used to D: . I have "mastered" control and clash and always do 20+ kills , 2 k/d and 5000+ points these days but i fear the success on that wont translate to trials lol

Silvard

That sounds a lot different from what im used to D: . I have "mastered" control and clash and always do 20+ kills , 2 k/d and 5000+ points these days but i fear the success on that wont translate to trials lol

I've found that it doesn't. But I'm really unexperienced and rusty to boot.

I don't even know why they let you take a group of 3 into rumble, basically every fireteam just feeds one guy kills so they win. Reminds me of the old nuke boosting with tac inserts in free for all from MW2.

Deku Tree

Kinda pisses me off that I haven't even sniffed the 4th horsemen and its exclusive to the Playstation for now. What's the point if you never get it?

Do DS+Crota 3x a week and you'll get it eventually. It's quite rare to get any other way.

I've only seen two drop for me in a huge number of Crotas.

So is this a good week for a first time Skolas POE attempt? It's the last Triumph I need for the Year 1 emblem. Just wondering if it's worth grinding to upgrade my shiny new Gjallahorn by Monday.

There have been 3 sets of modifiers since they removed the elemental burns. This week is in the middle in terms of difficulty but only last week is annoying enough to make it worth avoiding. This week is totally cool and next week will be even easier if your Horn isn't maxed in time.

Hardest: Lightswitch and Small Arms (last week)
Middle but still easy: Angry and Catapult (this week)
Easiest: Brawler and Juggler (next week)

I still remember going through Trials the moment it unlocked with Trace and Toast, we steam rolled everyone. But yeah I remember you always said staying alive is the most important thing, it has even helped me get my close friends to Mercury a couple of times. Because I didn't give a damn about PVP, until I started playing IB one month with Stable and you. And I've learned a lot from just playing with the best on GAF. It's made me a better player. So yeah. I've been patient and smart in ALMOST every trials game. :p

Top Bottom