• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

GutZ31

What is Titan skating :|

Short Answer: Pressing the jump button constantly while running forward.

Long Answer: Using catapult for top speed, or control for longer bursts of top speed, you gain horizontal thrust by timing your jumps to propel you forward, rather than up.
By repeatedly turning boost on and off, you can force your jump to continue to thrust at its highest speed, which is at the very beginning of the jump.

My XB1 Destiny Weapon Exotic Drops in Order:
TLW
Universal Remote
Patience & Time
Ice Breaker
Patience & Time
Patience & Time

Out of all the weapons, why does P&T happen 3x? Hahaha

Also 3 Full VoG Hard netted me the following weapon:
Praedyth's Revenge (dupe)
CM

That's all!

I seem to have better results when skating with increased control on. I might be doing it wrong with catapult though.

Increased control actually is faster than catapult lol. The directional control actually factors much more in terms of your speed gains than catapult does.

Catapult sux. It should've been like blink for titans.

GutZ31

I seem to have better results when skating with increased control on. I might be doing it wrong with catapult though.

I have heard a lot of people say that.
Catapult is hard to get 3 bursts out of, but I am able to do it pretty regularly.
It is a hell of a lot easier with control though, and a lot more consistent.

I would suggest using control for learning, and if you feel comfortable doing it, try to use catapult to see how fast you can get going.

Increased control actually is faster than catapult lol. The directional control actually factors much more in terms of your speed gains than catapult does.

Maybe I am mistaken?
I tested it out a few times and it's felt slightly faster with catapult.
Maybe it's the fact that control lasts longer.

XB1 Glimmer Farm
Anyone want to? I have GK Normal.
Iron Banner made me super broke and I want to buy more stuff! Goldspiral, Helm just because, and 2 more Etheric Lights. Oh and the Spear.

Is that the 2nd to last perk? Because I do it better with that haha

Yeah that's the one.

That would be hilarious to see haha

I have heard a lot of people say that.
Catapult is hard to get 3 bursts out of, but I am able to do it pretty regularly.
It is a hell of a lot easier with control though, and a lot more consistent.

I would suggest using control for learning, and if you feel comfortable doing it, try to use catapult to see how fast you can get going.

I'll have to try it out some more. I don't play Titan much but even half ass skating makes it much more enjoyable.

Finished up some trials with explicit and dmh and figured I should do one Dragon strike before doing some iron banner.

GOT A FUCKING HOPSCOTCH

:D

EDIT: I rolled it once and got Outlaw, Snapshot, and Counterbalance

Should I keep??

Wow congrats man im tearing my hair out as i have the "one more run" syndrome currently at 57 strikes since i heard about hopscotch.

PatDH

XB1 Glimmer Farm
Anyone want to? I have GK Normal.
Iron Banner made me super broke and I want to buy more stuff! Goldspiral, Helm just because, and 2 more Etheric Lights. Oh and the Spear.

I'm keen! GT PatDH1

Iron Banner almost cleaned me out as well.

Short Answer: Pressing the jump button constantly while running forward.

Long Answer: Using catapult for top speed, or control for longer bursts of top speed, you gain horizontal thrust by timing your jumps to propel you forward, rather than up.
By repeatedly turning boost on and off, you can force your jump to continue to thrust at its highest speed, which is at the very beginning of the jump.

Titans have such bad ass jumps you can glide and jump to gain momentum some people use it expertly to hover over doorways and such.

PatDH

Aww sorry man

Adding you now.

EDIT: CRAP, I don't have Venus unlocked so the checkpoint never saved -_-
I'll let you know when I get the checkpoint. I know a few of us have it

All good! I'll add your GT anyway, always good to have more people to game with.

Edit: Sweet as you beat me to the adding haha.

Unstable

About to carry this man right here to Mercury.

2173227.jpg

Thanks irawr =p

Nice one stabie! Hopefully you get a good viewer boost as well from it.

I think I have finally gotten used to the messenger. What middle run of perks do people use? Even with lag last night I was finishing in the top 2 most the time. Rank 4.5 currently and only done casual IB this week. The grind to 5 is so easy. May even get my Titan to 3 tonight once I hit 5.

Trace

Banned
Also, DestinyTrialsReport any and all LFG people before you join them. I haven't found a K/D over 1 yet.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I am better in trials than I am in regular crucible. Gives me more time to snipe and do things without resorting to blink shotgun which I don't care to do.

Hello new thread! Kinda burned out on Destiny right now but I need to get the Necrochasm. I think its time to start doing HM Crota again.

Klyka

Banned
Just have 2000 Rep for Iron banner rank 3 to go to get my first Etherical Light :D

Hope I can do half of that maybe tonight and the rest tomorrow!

GutZ31

Adam Boyes:
I used a rubber band on my controller to make my characters run in circles while people killed stuff in the loot cave to get 2 of my characters to 20 in 48 hours.

omg, this is hilarious

Top Bottom