• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

ocean

Banned
Dead Orbit Rank 53 yielded me my 2nd Revenant shader, cool. Giving this one to my titan to look sexy and mysterious as hell.

- 3 Hanged Man
- 2 Nowhere
- 2 Revenant
- 0 Bittersteel

Where are you bittersteel? Where are you dead orbit ship?
A super cool meta message that a ship called Fermi Solution is inexplicably absent.

Definity

Awesome stream. Was able to tune in for the skolas kill. Good stuff guys. I need to go back and watch the trials action.

nOoblet16

Should I reroll?

Matador 64:
  • Field Choke
  • Shot Package
  • Rifled Barrel
  • Final Round

No aggressive ballistics?
In any case do not reroll...you have most of the good perks, getting the same with aggressive ballistics would be a quick way of running out of weapon parts.

No aggressive ballistics?
In any case do not reroll...you have most of the good perks, getting the same with aggressive ballistics would be a quick way of running out of weapon parts.

Is aggressive ballistics that necessary? It looks like a good shotty with extreme range

Hedera

Well, missed Unstable's stream with Adam due to sleeping in... Is it archived?

Also did Adam get a Gjallarhorn? It would have been great catching that on stream :p

I just realize that I am missing a Cabal grimore card, is there a mini boss for PoE that is Cabal?
You have to do level 28 until you get him at the final round. I believe he only appears at that level.

Unstable

Also did Adam get a Gjallarhorn? It would have been great catching that on stream :p

You have to do level 28 until you get him at the final round. I believe he only appears at that level.

Uploading the best part (DJ BOOYA) to Youtube now. Should be online momentary

nOoblet16

Is aggressive ballistics that necessary? It looks like a good shotty with extreme range

Not necessary but it's the best choice for the barrel....especially considering field choke is useless on your build (because your range is already maxed out).

Aggressive ballistic brings a 10% increase to impact. An increase in damage works the same way how something like luck in the chamber or final round can be a good choice for a OHKO weapon like shotgun (because it practically increases kill range even further). Imagine you damage someone at 10 meter range but leave them with 5% health instead of OHKO because of damage drop off and then they kill you...you would have gotten that kill because you would have done higher damage overall (even after the drop off) with aggressive ballistic.

Shito

Only caught the end of the stream when waking up, but it doesn't seem he did: he was answering "I don't know, I still don't have a Gjallarhorn" to Stabie and Drizzay's "are you full on heavy?" questions. :)

Hedera

Uploading the best part (DJ BOOYA) to Youtube now. Should be online momentary
Awesome!
Only caught the end of the stream when waking up, but it doesn't seem he did: he was answering "I don't know, I still don't have a Gjallarhorn" to Stabie and Drizzay's "are you full on heavy?" questions. :)
Ah, oh well... Would have been fun if he got one live, the odds though not so great of course.

Also did Adam get a Gjallarhorn? It would have been great catching that on stream :p.

Sadly still no GHorn for Adam. He got an Arc Scholar on Mercury, a kinetic Messenger from packages, a Her Benevolence from the PoE 35 chest, a ton of Etheric Light and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.

It's all a blur now. Holy shit I'm so tired.

Not necessary but it's the best choice for the barrel....especially considering field choke is useless on your build (because your range is already maxed out).

Aggressive ballistic brings a 10% increase to impact. An increase in damage works the same way how something like luck in the chamber or final round can be a good choice for a OHKO weapon like shotgun (because it practically increases kill range even further). Imagine you damage someone at 10 meter range but leave them with 5% health instead of OHKO because of damage drop off and then they kill you...you would have gotten that kill because you would have done higher damage overall (even after the drop off) with aggressive ballistic.

Hmm I might reroll. What do you think is better Partycrasher or Matador?

nOoblet16

Hmm I might reroll. What do you think is better Partycrasher or Matador?

Depends.
Party Crasher would be better against 2 v 1 situation (or if you miss) due to faster fire rate, Matador is just better at those bullshit range kills.
I would personally use matador

Sadly still no GHorn for Adam. He got an Arc Scholar on Mercury, a kinetic Messenger from packages, a Her Benevolence from the PoE 35 chest, a ton of Etheric Light and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.

Kinetic messenger from package?!

Hedera

Fun times nonetheless I bet ;p

Gonna check out the video now.

Hey, I have ps plus on my account and I'm playing on my wife's account in the same ps4

It won't let me play any crucible as it's saying no ps plus. This has never happened before. How do i fix this?

Depends.
Party Crasher would be better against 2 v 1 situation (or if you miss) due to faster fire rate, Matador is just better at those bullshit range kills.
I would personally use matador
I hope you don't mind helping me with this one as well:

I just rerolled my Party Crasher to have:
  • Aggressive Ballistics
  • Shot Package
  • Single Point Sling/Snapshot/Smallbore
  • Kneepads

Do I keep this one? And if so what perk should I pick between the three?

ocean

Banned

• Aggressive Ballistics
  • Shot Package
  • Kneepads

Keep it. It'll have a tad less range than Rifled/Reinforced Barrel but it'll still be super close to the range cap with Smallbore.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
whoa, new thread all up in this piece. It looks great. I guess at this rate the next one is the one I wanted to call forging rights to, unless we have some kind of media blitz and kill this thread in two weeks. Colonel?!!!? This is me on Sunday morning just realizing now that the reason you told me to download rocket league on Friday, which I did, was because it's a PlayStation Plus game and going to disappear from freedom or already has actually. holy crap man. I owe you one, thank you

nOoblet16

• Aggressive Ballistics
  • Shot Package
  • Kneepads

Rifled barrel is a must, after shot package it's top priority followed by aggressive ballistics. Last perk can be anything as it doesn't affect you all that much, but kneepad is the best for it followed by Luck in the chamber and final round.

Langy

Does anyone wanna do a PoE run at all? was thinking of 32>34 and then maybe Skolas...

Or failing that anyone for trials?

PSN is Langoit...

MrDaravon

I just got my first legit 10-kill streak in IB for that bounty, and it's only my second 10-kill streak of all time (at least since I switched to PS4). I know people here do that all the time casually, but I'm super pumped haha :D. We took two territories, then I just hung back and played it smart, cloaked a lot and whored out my HMG etc. Obvious stuff, it just tends to never come together like that for me. I really needed this as my first game after my shitshow performances yesterday, good morale booster for the very long day ahead.

Adam Boyes is a super cool dude, awesome that DGAF helped him out there.

Well good luck to them with Skolas. If they are having trouble with Pilot they aren't going to beat Skolas any time soon.

Apparently killing Pilot first try counts as having trouble.

Entire PoE 35 run took 1 hr 23 min with a grand total of 1 wipe vs Skolas due to the worst possible mine RNG.

Fun times nonetheless I bet ;p

Gonna check out the video now.

It was an absolute blast. Definitely one of the best Destiny days I'll ever have, considering the first-try HM VoG flawless happened ~12 hours earlier.

Morning DGAF. I'm going to brunch with the woman instead of working out. Pray for me. I'll be up for some IB later this morning if anyone is on. Just need to bang out the last rank.

Rifled barrel is a must, after shot package it's top priority followed by aggressive ballistics. Last perk can be anything as it doesn't affect you all that much, but kneepad is the best for it followed by Luck in the chamber and final round.

Thanks I'll use this info going forward.

--

Also anyone glimmer farming later? I'm about to run out and do groceries but I need glimmer. . I think I'm also going to stop my hunt to get a HP pulse

Apparently killing Pilot first try counts as having trouble.

Entire PoE 35 run took 1 hr 23 min with a grand total of 1 wipe vs Skolas due to the worst possible mine RNG.

It was an absolute blast. Definitely one of the best Destiny days I'll ever have, considering the first-try HM VoG flawless happened ~12 hours earlier.

You guys played 35 with Adam Boyes too?
That's awesome. Dgaf getting awesome recognition. Is there a vidya of that?

Definity

Adam is such a cool down to earth guy. Always like seeing him on stage for Sony. Maybe he can breakout the turntable next E3 and jam?

moris

Hey, I have ps plus on my account and I'm playing on my wife's account in the same ps4

It won't let me play any crucible as it's saying no ps plus. This has never happened before. How do i fix this?
You're not the only one. I'm having this problem as well.

MrDaravon

Holy shit I've had 3-4 games in a row now where I'm getting 10-kill streaks. I must have had the best night of sleep in my life last night or something, goddamn.

Edit: Got a Party Crasher, what do you want on these? Mine rolled Final Round, Rangefinder, then Flared Magwell/Quickdraw/Rifled Barrel for the middle column.

Top Bottom