• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Shito

Only thing that is bad is 200 for all characters. Whatever I can deal. It has no limit.
Yeah, they keep the "small" limit to make sure we can't hoard a lot of those marks for when a future expansion hits.
The fact that we can now farm them for how long as we wish all week long more than make up for it for me. That's the best solution.

A weapon at the vendor costs 125. The cap is 200. I cannot buy 2 weapons I want because arbitrarily set numbers are set to annoy you.
But you can.
You buy the first one, then you go on and win the marks needed for the second one.
You can't just buy 2 weapons *at once*, because Bungie wants you to only buy one at a time / not be able to stock up on marks and buy a whole set at once.

lt519

So one thing I counted.

He had all Year One primary weapons and there were 11 Primary Exotic plans for Year Two hidden. So 11 new exotic primaries, that's pretty awesome.

Namikaze1

Lol @ people thinking there's no Year 2 version of Gjallarhorn

There were some folks on the stream complaining about the lack of year 2 Hawkmoon when it was shown in the teaser yesterday

I'm a little bummed about not all exotics moving to year 2 but overall everything sounds great. Everything looks like a huge improvement over what has come before.

goram end of page

U2CRvN3.gif

deku pls

So you guys are excited to have to grind marks to re-buy the exotics you already have and then have to level it up again? Oh and there is a chance that the exotic you like won't be in Year 2. How is this a good thing?

NastyBook

Anyone else notice we cant buy crafting materials from the crucible quartermaster anymore.
Didn't notice that. They better not have taken that away just to give the Ghost some purpose out in the field...

Yeah, who am I kidding? Soon as I get home, I'm gonna delete all the extinct mats and shaders and stock the fuck up on the big four.

There were some folks on the stream complaining about the lack of year 2 Hawkmoon when it was shown in the teaser yesterday

The difference being he had a year 1 horn and there was no upgrade in the list. So on patch day there is no Horn 2.0.

Shito

So you guys are excited to have to grind marks to re-buy the exotics you already have and then have to level it up again? Oh and there is a chance that the exotic you like won't be in Year 2. How is this a good thing?
They are not the same exotics.
They have different perks / models.
So, yes, I am excited to be able to level up an upgraded version of year 1 exotics.

stb

It didn't seem like they were reaching in and taking Y1 exotics OUT of your existing inventory. You can re-buy them if you dismantle them, or buy a second for an alt.

My only gripe are the marks being shared. Eventhough it's easy to reach 200, I wish you could have 200 per character. But other than that, this game will feel completely new.
I dont understand this gripe.

With the marks being shared, I can mix marks from all of the factions together regardless what character I earned them on. Isn't this monumentally better than maxing out a faction and you can't earn any more that week, buying something and having 'spare change' in marks that you can't use?

And with no limit? The 200 wallet seems a minor inconvenience unless you just wanna be a mark millionaire :)

lt519

It didn't show when he had the Year One blueprint which was interesting. But why nerf the wolfpack rounds if you weren't going to carry it forward. Unless that one that looked like the Year 2 Truth was really Year 2 Horn. They also rattled off some guns like "You'll find new exotics to replace your new Red Death, Horn, etc"

Will wait for reddit to analyze.

get back out there and grind, you fool!

Why do people still make jokes about this? Yes, Destiny is a grind. That is how the game works. We're almost a year from release and people who still play the game act shocked when it continues to be this way.

He probably didn't have a year 1 Hawkmoon, but you could see he definitely had a year 1 Gjallarhorn.

Klyka

Banned

We have played MMOs and don't give a shit about old gear when new gear is introduced.

OH NEIN; MEIN GJALLARHORNEN

puuulleeeeaaaze

If you could ascend Day 1, what would be the point in using any of the new gear? It's not a 2 level difference like before. It's 6 levels. This system lets you see and use the new upgrade leveling path and then when you hit max level you can buy your new version. And it's not just a higher attack value. It's got new perks.

Yes. Some will be left behind, but how many of you used all your exotics? I never even equipped Eternal Warrior. Plan C was fun before FR nerf. Universal Remote? eh. They can't keep adding 20 exotics per year ad infinitum. Exotics are for the year and a select few will be carried forward. Sounds good to me.

Mindlog

Well maybe you shouldn't expect to be able to upgrade and purchase massive amounts of things on day 1.
Obviously it's just there to gate progress and 'increase engagement.' There's no reason to decrease the limit so significantly and promote alt play in the manner they did.

Top Bottom