• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Deku Tree

iwHqzgiBOd0tN.gif

For TTK lets me do this then I'll buy it.

lt519

The one big downside for me: no more genuine vanity items. Both ghosts, and more importantly, class items have perks now. So that awesome Honor of the Cormorant I wear sometimes, I now have to decide if it's better to look good or to have good perks.

Wonder if you can infuse them to the higher levels? They seemed to imply it would help people pick what they wanted to look best but never mentioned class items. I thought the same thing about that being a bit of a bummer.

Preparing for TTK checklist:

1. Buy upgrade materials from quartermasters.
  2. Buy heavy ammo from Xur.
  3. Don't dismantle things

What else am I missing?

Those are the three I picked up on.

Ooooh misinterpreted the screen, he did have some grayed out. I guess they show all Year 1's regardless of whether you have them but not Year 2's.

Maybe? I don't know exactly and I'm guessing we won't know for sure until 9/15.

Wait, are people actually that annoyed with the 200 mark cap? It's pretty irrelevant. Just buy something or use them in some way and then continue on earning them like you would have anyway.

I've had nothing to spend marks with today. Nothing for a long time. I always just buy planetary mats to go from 200 to 150, over and over for the last couple of months.

Going from 2 different types of marks to 1, and having it be shared with no weekly limit, is pretty awesome.

If Nightfall still gives you 15 marks, in 1 day of 3x Nightfall, you'll have 45 marks. That's not including Weekly Heroic for another what, 30?. 75 marks for those activities alone. Grab an engram or upgrade something!

What else am I missing?

Can you explain why people should do what you suggest (And the things may suggest in the future)? The stream was cutting in and out for me and I would love to hear a detailed explanation of what is best to do.

Kalamari

Hmm, some raid or strike encounters may require sword blocking. Things might get real interesting.

Also, I am kinda sad to see old class items not get any love now that they are more than cosmetic. I really like my Vanilla Crucible Titan mark.

Klyka

Banned
Wonder if you can infuse them to the higher levels? They seemed to imply it would help people pick what they wanted to look best but never mentioned class items. I thought the same thing about that being a bit of a bummer.

Those are the three I picked up on.

if you find the screenshots from when he went into the class item and showed his perks,you might be able to see if there is an infusion icon on the left.

Yep that's an "armor infusion icon" on the left

here is the "weapon infusion icon"

MrDaravon

I didn't even try to keep up with this thread since stuff was moving so fast, but a couple of questions I don't think they addressed that maybe I missed?

-They said that existing Vanguard/Crucible Marks will change into faction commendations on 9/15 that you can trade in for rep right? Did I also hear correctly in that they said those commendations will be at the postmaster? If so, doesn't that totally screw over anyone saving daily public event packages there for quick XP gain?

-Did they say anything or address if the emblem/shader/ship/exotic collections will pull from stuff you had previously but no longer have or not?

-Do Year One Legendaries decrypt into Legendary Marks? They kept saying today and even tweeted after the stream to not dismantle anything into Year Two starts, but I have a vault completely full of exotics and legendary gear, so that's not particularly helpful information -_-

Navy Bean

I haven't heard a logical reason of why the 200 mark cap would matter. Why would you want to save them? At the very least, you could be using them on legendary engrams to keep you under the limit.

Not a huge deal but it's just a pain to manage. If I'm playing and forget that marks are maxed (which will happen a ton) then you lose out on any marks gained. Also, will have people you're playing with always asking to go to tower to spend marks.

I don't understand why my marks are being turned into commendations redeemable for rep.

Why can't my marks be turned into commendations redeemable for new marks?

-Do Year One Legendaries decrypt into Legendary Marks? They kept saying today and even tweeted after the stream to not dismantle anything into Year Two starts, but I have a vault completely full of exotics and legendary gear, so that's not particularly helpful information -_-

Lots of people here posted that they do, but I don't think they said explicitly that year one legendaries turn into marks. I'm keeping mine around just in case, though.

X-Frame

It seems strange that now that they can have pages in the Vault, what is stopping them from going to 10 pages?

I guess there is a good reason or if they're now intentionally limiting the amount we can carry.

lt519

I want to know if my e-light is gonna be worth anything!!!

I didn't see all the trade in options with the factions because they went so fast, I'm hoping these are an option. At least break them down for rep or marks. I can't imagine they'd just leave them for nothing.

dB Viper

Can someone confirm this for me?

If I have 200 of each mark on 3 characters (1200 total) would it makes sense to just carry 200 and spend the other 1000 on materials?

I realize I will miss out on commendations if I do this.

LiK

It seems strange that now that they can have pages in the Vault, what is stopping them from going to 10 pages?

I guess there is a good reason or if they're now intentionally limiting the amount we can carry.

Year 3 - another page

rNilla

Wait, are people actually that annoyed with the 200 mark cap? It's pretty irrelevant. Just buy something or use them in some way and then continue on earning them like you would have anyway.

It's not a huge deal but it does probably mean more trips to and from the Tower across all three characters between grinding sessions. Hard to say until we experience it firsthand.

Also, are the prices still the same? I didn't catch any of that.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Being able to buy engrams for marks is awesome! Very excited for how this new marks system will work.

Is reforging gone?

I saw the node for accending your weapon but didn't see anything to show reforge.
* but I think I did see the weapons he had equipped when they were at the gunsmith.

Maybe? I don't know exactly and I'm guessing we won't know for sure until 9/15.

yeah but what about about those 350 mark giving activities oh wait what they only give like 15 or 20 max ok lmao

lt519

Can someone confirm this for me?

If I have 200 of each mark on 3 characters (1200 total) would it makes sense to just carry 200 and spend the other 1000 on materials?

I realize I will miss out on commendations if I do this.

My interpretation is that all marks will turn into commendations and you'll have to earn Legendary Marks from scratch (besides the commendations giving legendary marks).

They always blamed last gen for the vault space so they probably re-worked the entire back-end but are probably still limited somehow.

He had a Monte Carlo year 1 blueprint yet no year 2 (which was also revealed yesterday). They said you have to find them.

Unfortunately I don't think he had Monte Carlo. If you look at the screen shot he has TLW, Suros, and Red Death. All the others are greyed out. If you look above, TLOW, Suros, and RD have their respective remixes available, but Juju, Hawkmoon, and MC don't.

I'm getting the vibe that there is no Gjallarhorn 2.0. I hope I'm wrong.

Sullichin

Is there a text summary of all this stuff somewhere? Can't watch a stream recording at work. Pretty confused reading a bulleted list on reddit and this thread :(

Owensboro

What else am I missing?

Can you explain why people should do what you suggest (And the things may suggest in the future)? The stream was cutting in and out for me and I would love to hear a detailed explanation of what is best to do.

1. From the stream it looked like the quartermasters aren't going to sell materials anymore. This also lines up with Ghosts now showing gathering nodes and/or boosting how much you gather from nodes.

2. I have no idea, I'd love clarification on that one.

3. Because you'll get more benefits from dismantling them once the expansion drops, or they can be used on other weapons somehow (to increase attack values?)

I'd love for someone to clarify 2 and 3, because I missed most of those thanks to a stupid work call.

My question to add: 4. How does infusion work exactly? That's the point where I got the call I had to answer and I missed everything.

deoee

I've had nothing to spend marks with today. Nothing for a long time. I always just buy planetary mats to go from 200 to 150, over and over for the last couple of months.

Going from 2 different types of marks to 1, and having it be shared with no weekly limit, is pretty awesome.

If Nightfall still gives you 15 marks, in 1 day of 3x Nightfall, you'll have 45 marks. That's not including Weekly Heroic for another what, 30?. 75 marks for those activities alone. Grab an engram or upgrade something!

You still up for NF action soon? :'D

Top Bottom