• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

stb

So what happens if I don't find a Hawkmoon until 9/15 or later? Will it be the Y2 Hawkmoon? Will that give me access to the Y1 Hawkmoon?

It'd drive me bonkers to have that hole in my collection.

Edit: worst top of page post in recent memory.

Juraash

A weapon at the vendor costs 125. The cap is 200. I cannot buy 2 weapons I want because arbitrarily set numbers are set to annoy you.

But since there is no cap for the week you can still buy multiple upgrades in a week. Just because you can't buy multiple items at the same time doesn't mean the system is bad. If you are playing a decent amount anyways, you should have access to more upgrades in a shorter amount of time.

lt519

He probably didn't have a year 1 Hawkmoon, but you could see he definitely had a year 1 Gjallarhorn.

He had all the primaries as far as I could see in the stream, I paid attention to that to see if I could tell how many new ones there were. Seemed to be 11, but this is all questionable now. Wondering if you do have to find the Year 2 before you can buy them.

But since there is no cap for the week you can still buy multiple upgrades in a week. Just because you can't buy multiple items at the same time doesn't mean the system is bad. If you are playing a decent amount anyways, you should have access to more upgrades in a shorter amount of time.

Yeah it's like people just want to play for three hours and get everything lol

m9hBYkj.jpg

Lol

I feel like if that's not a direct reference to Hive door farmers that's got to be the best RNG Bungie's ever implemented.

So one thing I counted.

He had all Year One primary weapons and there were 11 Primary Exotic plans for Year Two hidden. So 11 new exotic primaries, that's pretty awesome.

Not necessarily. Some of those could be more Year 1s that are being carried forward. The account they were using certainly didn't have all the Year 1 exotics on it.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
So what happens if I don't find a Hawkmoon until 9/15 or later? Will it be the Y2 Hawkmoon? Will that give me access to the Y1 Hawkmoon?

It'd drive me bonkers to have that hole in my collection.

Edit: worst top of page post in recent memory.

I immediately started wondering the exact same thing when they showed that.

GhaleonEB

So you guys are excited to have to grind marks to re-buy the exotics you already have and then have to level it up again? Oh and there is a chance that the exotic you like won't be in Year 2. How is this a good thing?

Cons: Need to re-level gear. Costs marks to acquire.

Pros. New talent trees. Exotic perk unlocked from the start. Exotics can be duped over to other characters on the account for marks. New exotics can be ascended, er, infused.

I think the pros of the system outweigh the cons by a hefty margin. It's annoying to re-level exotics, but the perk being unlocked from the start softens the blow, and new talents are the reward. It's basically a new gun.

Obviously it's just there to gate progress and 'increase engagement.' There's no reason to decrease the limit so significantly and promote alt play in the manner they did.

It's not gating progress at all. I don't think you're understaning how it works. Literally the only negative to the system is that you can't stockpile marks, but I don't understand why you'd want to do that.

I don't think Deejs remark on 'finding replacements for (weapon names here) and Gjallarhorn' was a mistake or a mis-step. They are warming us up for no year 2 version. And yeah, it may come, but seems like not right away.

speak for yourself. sorry, i'm not happy with that one thing in their entire stream.

I haven't heard a logical reason of why the 200 mark cap would matter. Why would you want to save them? At the very least, you could be using them on legendary engrams to keep you under the limit.

Klyka

Banned
I guess we can guard now?

With the swords, yes.

Apparently the element your sword does is actually what it is weak guarding against. Interesting.

I agree with a cap, just not across all characters - it's going to be a ridiculous grind to get armour/guns on all three characters

It's...gonna be the same amount of marks regardless. There is no extra grind. If you need 2000 marks you need 2000 marks.
You just have to buy stuff with a couple pitstops instead of hoarding 2000 marks and buying all at the same time.

Pros. New talent trees. Exotic perk unlocked from the start. Exotics can be duped over to other characters on the account for marks. New exotics can be ascended, er, infused.

I think the pros of the system outweigh the cons by a hefty margin. It's annoying to re-level exotics, but the perk being unlocked from the start softens the blow, and new talents are the reward. It's basically a new gun.

So much this forever.

My REAL question though is if non upgradeable exotics are lost to time if I don't acquire them by 9.15.

stb

Did I miss the "you have to re-level your old exotics" part? It looked to me like you only have to "re-level" the exotic if you "buy" a new copy of it from the collection.

Shito

I agree with a cap, just not across all characters - it's going to be a ridiculous grind to get armour/guns on all three characters
Why's that?
You need to win those marks anyways, so you just have to spend them on one item at a time instead of stocking up on marks and buy everything in one go.
You will need the *same amount* of marks than if the cap was at like 9999.

lt519

Not necessarily. Some of those could be more Year 1s that are being carried forward. The account they were using certainly didn't have all the Year 1 exotics on it.

Ooooh misinterpreted the screen, he did have some grayed out. I guess they show all Year 1's regardless of whether you have them but not Year 2's.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Welp, definitely not buying any other games this year because I know they won't get played for some time once this drops.

Lee

I haven't heard a logical reason of why the 200 mark cap would matter. Why would you want to save them? At the very least, you could be using them on legendary engrams to keep you under the limit.

It will suck for new people who earn marks twice as fast but don't have the reputation with vendors to spend them. Other than that I see no downside.

The one big downside for me: no more genuine vanity items. Both ghosts, and more importantly, class items have perks now. So that awesome Honor of the Cormorant I wear sometimes, I now have to decide if it's better to look good or to have good perks.

lt519

Anybody else here avoiding as much Taken King / 2.0 details as possible? Just kinda want to explore some of that stuff myself.

I wanted to know Quality of Life stuff so I could prepare characters if needed. Some quick tips picked up on like stockpiling Heavy Ammo and Mats might be useful. Avoiding anything Patrol, Strike or Raid related.

Klyka

Banned
It will suck for new people who earn marks twice as fast but don't have the reputation with vendors to spend them. Other than that I see no downside.

You seem to be able to trade in all kinds of stuff for rep now and i feel quests/bounties will give some decent rep.
Marks can be turned in for rep too if you have them but lack the rep level.

Lee

Preparing for TTK checklist:

1. Buy upgrade materials from quartermasters.
  2. Buy heavy ammo from Xur.
  3. Don't dismantle things

What else am I missing?

Top Bottom