• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Are you guys really giving the titan smash flak over other supers? :( I feel like it's the most situational and hardest to get into position for of all the supers. On most maps, you have to telegraph from so far away and outside of control flags or salvage caps, it isn't like there are often clusters of people packed together. That's why we save it to panic fist, if you try to use it proactively somewhere you get shot dead way before you're in range. Might as well just sit on it and troll someone for a denial kill.

I don't think there's a more guaranteed kill in the game than a Titan hitting a corner with super lol

Also, death from above fist of havoc on heavy is like.... unstoppable imo lmao

Its usage is really, really dependent on map awareness though. Just like anything that's AoE based. You can't treat it like the Golden Gun, where you spot a guy and say "he's gonna get killed to death". If you understand flanking, particularly how to get to the higher traffic areas through more than 2 or 3 ways, then you can blindside a crowd VERY easily. A map like Asylum in particular is a Titan paradise.

Watched Datto's video about new strike, his playthrough, and I just don't hear how Nolanbot is supposed to be better than Dinklebot. Nolan North sounds just as uninterested and flat, just extra monotone making him tad worse than Dinklage.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPOoTaWXoq0

The biggest problem has always been the writing, but... I really don't like what I've heard of Nolanbot either. Too high pitched and nasally, sounds annoying to me. Doesn't seem to fix the voice direction and delivery problems (still flat and uninterested like you said) but now the tone is worse imo.

That line at 1:45 in the video: "A tank? Why would you bring a tank to space?" The way he says tank, ehhh...

SpecX

Y2 Thorn.
The horror.

vader_NOOOO.jpg

Sure. I'll log on, send me a PSN msg if I'm needed.

Yeah he just held the relic. Or used Super Good Advice maybe, haha.

Edit: the fastest way is to not use the relic bubble at all. Just drop the relic, fire two rockets, pick it back up to avoid a wipe, repeat. 6 Horns better than 5.
Join my party if you can plz.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This looks cool. I tried 100.io back when it was released but didn't feel like the quality of people was any different/better than LFG and it seemed clunky to find a match. It's hard to know when I'll get on (i.e. when my kids will go to sleep) and then it sucks waiting for things to get going.

I feel like nothing can beat the speed of finding a group through destinylfg.net, and that's the most important thing to me. Yeah, sometimes the group sucks and no one talks, but most of the time it's just normal people and the conversation is good. Some groups are excellent and hilarious. Unfortunately for Trials most competitive people are kinda douchey but I've just learned to live with it and enjoy winning. After Mercury I'll play new cards with whoever and drink and have fun.
This thread or a site like destinyLFG will always be better for just quickly establishing a group and hitting launch ASAP. They're really for different fireteam-building strategies. I'm hoping all of the above can coexist and work to eliminate some of the grouping issues- few and far between as they may be- that people within our community have had finding groups and especially ones that might be at odd hours or otherwise tricky to fill.
Having the option to choose between such OP strategies is a delight in and of itself.

"Will I melt the time-controlling alien robot god with this godkiller weapon or this godkiller weapon? Oh, what a cruel world to force me to make such decisions!"

Meanwhile, Atheon is in the background going, "Aw, c'mon! I'm supposed to be scary!"
this is a wonderful post and you are wonderful.

The biggest problem has always been the writing, but... I really don't like what I've heard of Nolanbot either. Too high pitched and nasally, sounds annoying to me. Doesn't seem to fix the voice direction and delivery problems (still flat and uninterested like you said) but now the tone is worse imo.

That line at 1:45 in the video: "A tank? Why would you bring a tank to space?" The way he says tank, ehhh...

I think he is supposed to sound timid and scared and worried, compared to your guardian that seems to be calm and collected.

What do you guys think of a PVP-Only the100.io group? Would it see use?

I need... let's say... eleven responses to gauge if it's worthwhile so please reply to this post. As I think about it, PvP is something I'd actually benefit from forming groups in advance for personally.
I'd probably use it for when I can't find people from SoM to play late at night but only for 3v3 gametypes.

todd360

You know what would be funny? What if we searched for destiny hate posts on gaf throughout the many destiny sucks threads collect any gamertags we see. Then we wait until the 15th and see if any of those people bought the dlc and are playing it. Then we make a thread on gaming side with the proof and eat popcorn while we watch the meltdowns. The best destiny shitposts we can find with people playing taken king will be hilarious.

Something like the call of duty steam boycott picture.

Spoo

With the 100io groups, can you join as many as you want? I'd like to be a member of at least 2, but I don't want to take up slots for others who need to get in (basically I'd like to make sure that the two friends I have who play with me, both gaffers, can be in the same group).

GutZ31

You know what would be funny? What if we searched for destiny hate posts on gaf throughout the many destiny sucks threads collect any gamertags we see. Then we wait until the 15th and see if any of those people bought the dlc and are playing it. Then we make a thread on gaming side with the proof and eat popcorn while we watch the meltdowns. The best destiny shitposts we can find with people playing taken king will be hilarious.

Thats like locking them all out of our little box.

rX3aRWI.gif

Fillion: "Give us the primus or we blow the ship" part got me to chuckle. But yeah Nolan pls.

gunawi

What do you guys think of a PVP-Only the100.io group? Would it see use?

I need... let's say... eleven responses to gauge if it's worthwhile so please reply to this post. As I think about it, PvP is something I'd actually benefit from forming groups in advance for personally.
I'm in

phen0m24

With the 100io groups, can you join as many as you want? I'd like to be a member of at least 2, but I don't want to take up slots for others who need to get in (basically I'd like to make sure that the two friends I have who play with me, both gaffers, can be in the same group).
You can join 3

GhaleonEB

A lot of people who were turned off from the initial game are interested in TTK now that many of their issues are being directly addressed. I think that's a good thing, nothing to call people out about. :p

Worthy top-of-the-page camp, it was awesome meeting you guys at Gamescom and Amsterdam!
Great to hear you enjoyed it and hopefully we'll meet again in Australia
Please don't let the spiders attack me while I'm getting kicked by a kangaroo

Roos are friendly. You can play football with them.

their foot your balls XD

Sorry DJ, a dingo ate EJ and all your stroopwafels :p

That dingo story is actually made up.

Also, I mainly had stroopwafels to spite Phaeton for torturing Drizzay with his Thunderlord drops all the time :p

Spoo

A lot of people who were turned off from the initial game are interested in TTK now that many of their issues are being directly addressed. I think that's a good thing, nothing to call people out about. :p

Yeah, I mean, I feel like everyone at some point who plays Destiny has had a "rage" moment. Maybe it happened on a thread, in game, just with friends -- but everyone has been annoyed with Destiny at some point to some degree.

I remember being super burnt out on vanilla and questioning the design decisions among other things. Coming back into it, even now before 2.0, has been pretty sublime.

FyreWulff

You know what would be funny? What if we searched for destiny hate posts on gaf throughout the many destiny sucks threads collect any gamertags we see. Then we wait until the 15th and see if any of those people bought the dlc and are playing it.

Ran into this player recently

CNcesYoUwAAYBSK.jpg:large

You would make a terrible christian. :p

Kalamari

So gear is less of a factor in high level PvE this time around. The pressure is really on Bungie then this time around, it needs to be fun or else gamers will just play some other sci-fi fps this fall.

GlamFM

Banned
Time to change the topic :p

My final DGAF meetup of this trip, none other that our very own Sword Master aka Darth Penguin aka Dhruv!

MyNh4rx.jpg

That marks the end of this amazing trip, and I'll just finish by listing the DGAFers I met up with over the course of this month:

No0blet16
Gala aka Galavita
Lima aka Revolver Ned
GlamFM
EJROBINSON
TearsofBlood
Dhruv_hanom aka Darth Penguin

Had an amazing time and looking forward to meeting more splendid DGAF folk in the future!

Hon'ble mention: Deej and Lars @ Gamescomm :)

Also Fig who was a stone's throw away but apparently doesn't know how to swim :p

We didn't get enough time!

Let's do it again next year!

Lnkn52

Reworked V:
header2zioy1.png

In white text:
header3n3p7l.png

Dead Orbit:
deadorbit_test09rs1.png

If you want all the headers consistent with the slanted design I can do a faction test replacing the vanguard logo with a slanted rectangle with the logo, with the header color matching the faction.

Jelly. These look great.

Bogeypop

I posted a new group on the100, let's see if it fills in time.

Can we do PoE 32 as well? If not that's ok, think there's another group going in 30 minutes so I can join them after we finish this 34 up. Need to get 1000 points for my Elder Cipher and I might as well get my weekly Cores while I'm at it.

I don't think there's a more guaranteed kill in the game than a Titan hitting a corner with super lol

Also, death from above fist of havoc on heavy is like.... unstoppable imo lmao

Its usage is really, really dependent on map awareness though. Just like anything that's AoE based. You can't treat it like the Golden Gun, where you spot a guy and say "he's gonna get killed to death". If you understand flanking, particularly how to get to the higher traffic areas through more than 2 or 3 ways, then you can blindside a crowd VERY easily. A map like Asylum in particular is a Titan paradise.

Smart use is key for all the supers I agree. In general though I would take razor's edge with blink over foh in most situations where foh is good, it's just so much more flexible. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the new stuff plays out in the pvp meta...hopefully somewhat balanced.

Spoo

So close to Xur day. (please have hawkmoon).

Also I finally watched the stream for the shield bros. I actually think it's a pretty neat strike, but wtf at bringing back the tank from mars strike :| Feels a bit lazy.

todd360

I understand that. I just think it would be hilarious. I'm sure you want to call them out too. Deep down inside you want to force crow down their collective throats.

You would make a terrible christian. :p

lol. I sure would.

Spoo

I really wish certain things like this would indicate if they were hostile or not.

See a random bubble around, but no titan? Well, no real way to know if it's friendly or not.

Yeah I feel that way with grenades. I die a lot from DoT nades thinking they are my teammates :\

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Just looks like having blind on and tricking people to come in?

That wasn't even Saint-14 shenanigans

something about a titan bubble will make even the most collected and skilled players lose their fucking minds and scream "I have to kill that motherfucker responsible for making this purple dome. He dies today. My order demands it."

Top Bottom