• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

flkraven

Maybe the PvP announcer will say "You Pete Carroll'd it" when you lose a close match.

3405415.jpg

What do you guys think of a PVP-Only the100.io group? Would it see use?

I need... let's say... eleven responses to gauge if it's worthwhile so please reply to this post. As I think about it, PvP is something I'd actually benefit from forming groups in advance for personally.

Just as an FYI, you can join more than one the100.io group at a time. You aren't restricted to the one you currently have. I'm joined to both my original the100.io group (kinda dead now) and the GAF one.

so cute you're in love first DGAF Marriage!!

Haha I think we have way too many for a marriage..

Nice!

Sounds like you had an AMAZING trip! Dhruv is a master player and so generous helping players!

Yup, it was incredible. DGAFers are seriously the best!

This is the most top-shelf of vibes.

Thanks. Likely I'll visit the US next year so looking forward to meeting more DGAFers in that side of the globe.

Do you have a gallery somewhere? I missed the other pics.

Yeah I'll post a link on the weekend when I have a chance to go over the 6000 pics I have on my phone :)

PS: there is an album just with pics of no0blet falling asleep at various places ;)

Now this was truly a page top worth camping! Great picture and post, sounds like you had an incredible trip. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

Truly was. Our DGAF community is phenomenal, so glad to be a part of it.

NeoGAF around the world! Not just a clan :)

Making a trip like you did is just awesome, hope you had fun everywhere!

Absolutely and thanks again. The land of deadly spiders and kangaroos awaits if you ever plan a trip down under ;)

j-wood

Panic fist can be stopped but you gotta kill during the start of the animation. Usually gotta be lucky.

I had this awesome moment/maybe a glitch.

A surprised a titan as my warlock with blink, he panicked and used his super. I somehow melee'd him as his fist was coming down and killed him too. The ticker showed I killed him with the titan explosion icon. I somehow ricocheted it back into him lol.

phen0m24

No, not planning on it :p lol

This post.... Disappoints me. :(

Making a trip like you did is just awesome, hope you had fun everywhere!

Did you guys put the wafels in his bag or what?

That explains why I can't find your Gamertag then :p

See? See, Hawkian?! 4 words. MULTI PLATFORM NOOB RAIDS. ;)

Time to change the topic :p

My final DGAF meetup of this trip, none other that our very own Sword Master aka Darth Penguin aka Dhruv!

MyNh4rx.jpg

That marks the end of this amazing trip, and I'll just finish by listing the DGAFers I met up with over the course of this month:

No0blet16
Gala aka Galavita
Lima aka Revolver Ned
GlamFM
EJROBINSON
TearsofBlood
Dhruv_hanom aka Darth Penguin

Had an amazing time and looking forward to meeting more splendid DGAF folk in the future!

Hon'ble mention: Deej and Lars @ Gamescomm :)

Also Fig who was a stone's throw away but apparently doesn't know how to swim :p

Darth Penguin, slayer of Crota and every boss in Bloodborne, including the elusive iRawr. :)

Hello DP!!! :)

I know whoever is in charge of OT and such has everything under control, but if anyone wants new headers I've made a test one:

headertest64qcr.png

That looks awesome.

sikkinixx

BD can be stopped with a Shotgun+Melee combo, you have a 50/50 chance but a Panic Fist can't be stopped

But if a blade dancer is anywhere close their attack sticks to you no matter how you try to jump away. People just mash the button and bounce around getting kills.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
PvP... Ash factory or Dreamwaker (Dream is leveled and has hard launch, tripod, javelin and tracking).

I just got the Ash in an IB drop, though, and I've heard pretty good things. I have lots of glimmer and parts to reroll...

Anything with Grenades and Horseshoes. Tracking, unless its Truth Tracking, is a bit overrated imo.
Yeah but you only kill a person or two. The blade dancer is so over powered and lasts so long.

Bladedancer is probably the weakest super in the game imo. Just has too many ways that it can be outplayed. Huge windup, restrictive and telegraphed usage, can only be used in a lag-free game, extremely vulnerable to team shooting and just less versatile than Radiance too.

Panic Button? You pretty much have less than half of a second to get a headshot with something big and you better hope they were hurt ahead of time too.

I've always hated the vertical aspect of it too. You should be able to triple jump out of it.

I bought TTK collection on XB1 after a lot of thought. One of the best game purchases I've ever made!

Anyways, I'm @ 25 now after 3ish weeks. Doing a lot of Vanguard missions to get my 1st Legendary.

So....anyone wanting to do a casual VOG run? Haven't done any raids yet :(

I'm usually available from 7PM GMT to 9PM since I'm playing from Dubai.

GT: taimoorh
Hi. You might struggle to reliably find a raid group here because most people are on PS4. If you do see an Xbox group forming then just explain that you are new to raiding, the guys and gals here are usually happy to sherpa a new guy through. The other thing is that with TTK so close there has been somewhat of a drop in actual gameplaying activity with most discussion centred around the upcoming content
Also If you like you can use these really handy alternatives:

www.the100.io - I believe a DGAF Xbox group has recently been formed on this site, check Hawkians posts for more info. You can also find and join an active Xbox group.

/destinysherpa and /fireteams on the reddit forums are good places to find a group too.

Spoo

So if I want everything (shader, emotes, etc) from TTK and I want to go digital, should I just buy the digital CE? (even though I have the base game, plus expansions)

vctor182

Panic fist can be stopped but you gotta kill during the start of the animation. Usually gotta be lucky.

Yeah I've killed them and panic bombs too but they're so rare and they keep their supers. If a hunter is casting their super and someone kills them dead their super is gone

PvP... Ash factory or Dreamwaker (Dream is leveled and has hard launch, tripod, javelin and tracking).

I just got the Ash in an IB drop, though, and I've heard pretty good things. I have lots of glimmer and parts to reroll...
With exactly the same roll Ash factory is marginally better, you need tripod/clown cartridge, javelin and grenades and horseshoes in this current meta though, tracking isn't too good.

chur

So if I want everything (shader, emotes, etc) from TTK and I want to go digital, should I just buy the digital CE? (even though I have the base game, plus expansions)
Get the $40 version. On the 15th all the extras will be available for $20.

*snip*

Thanks. Likely I'll visit the US next year so looking forward to meeting more DGAFers in that side of the globe.
*snip*
Truly was. Our DGAF community is phenomenal, so glad to be a part of it.

Absolutely and thanks again. The land of deadly spiders and kangaroos awaits if you ever plan a trip down under ;)

if you're ever near DC/Baltimore, hit me up!

Namikaze1

Well shit. Thinking of doing something similar to what I did for the enemy races with the Battle of Six Fronts and the Battle of Twilight Gap.

DY_nasty

Yeah I've killed them and panic bombs too but they're so rare and they keep their supers. If a hunter is casting their super and someone kills them dead their super is gone

This is the greatest sin.

I didn't find this out until I started my Titan and began PvP with it. I was disgusted. lol

Let Gunslingers get all of their unused GG shots back on revive. Totes fair, breh.

taimoorh

Hi. You might struggle to reliably find a raid group here because most people are on PS4. If you do see an Xbox group forming then just explain that you are new to raiding, the guys and gals here are usually happy to sherpa a new guy through. The other thing is that with TTK so close there has been somewhat of a drop in actual gameplaying activity with most discussion centred around the upcoming content
Also If you like you can use these really handy alternatives:

www.the100.io - I believe a DGAF Xbox group has recently been formed on this site, check Hawkians posts for more info. You can also find and join an active Xbox group.

/destinysherpa and /fireteams on the reddit forums are good places to find a group too.

Thanks for the info on the100 site, will check it out. Difficult to find Fireteams or Sherpas on the subreddit because of my time zones. Hopefully I find better luck on the100 :)

phen0m24

DRIZZAY! HAWKIAN!! SCIENCE QUERY

ok so someone posted on the IGN Fireteam Chat Group (on FB) about the relic bubble.

They said it was possible to shoot ROCKETS out of the relic bubble IF the relic holder was standing behind them.

Has this theory been proven oh wise guardian lords? This requires verification if not.

5 Horns 1 Atheon. No problem.

DY_nasty

With exactly the same roll Ash factory is marginally better, you need tripod/clown cartridge, javelin and grenades and horseshoes in this current meta though, tracking isn't too good.

I kinda don't like tracking because it can force you into some shots that you may necessarily not want. Without it, you can kinda peek around a corner and thread the needle with a rocket between 2 or 3 doors to hit an area that's waaaaay outside of radar range. Tracking can get your rocket hijacked.

Also, I like not having to ADS for heavy too.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

ok so someone posted on the IGN Fireteam Chat Group (on FB) about the relic bubble.

They said it was possible to shoot ROCKETS out of the relic bubble IF the relic holder was standing behind them.

Has this theory been proven oh wise guardian lords? This requires verification if not.

I thought it was known, but yeah you can shoot rockets if you stand infront of the relic holder. No need to jump or anything.

LTWood12

Is there enough room for 5 people to stand in front of the Aegis? Sure doesn't seem like it, but I could be wrong. Also, thanks for making me think about Destin Legarie. Seriously just the best guy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks for the info on the100 site, will check it out. Difficult to find Fireteams or Sherpas on the subreddit because of my time zones. Hopefully I find better luck on the100 :)
Here's the GAF group for Xbox https://www.the100.io/groups/1658

That's completely accurate, it's just dangerous. Plus, rockets make Atheon dance around which makes his squishy spot harder to get with your Black Hammer or whatever.

What do you guys think of a PVP-Only the100.io group? Would it see use?

I need... let's say... eleven responses to gauge if it's worthwhile so please reply to this post. As I think about it, PvP is something I'd actually benefit from forming groups in advance for personally.

I'd use it.

sikkinixx

Anything with Grenades and Horseshoes. Tracking, unless its Truth Tracking, is a bit overrated imo.

Bladedancer is probably the weakest super in the game imo. Just has too many ways that it can be outplayed. Huge windup, restrictive and telegraphed usage, can only be used in a lag-free game, extremely vulnerable to team shooting and just less versatile than Radiance too.

Panic Button? You pretty much have less than half of a second to get a headshot with something big and you better hope they were hurt ahead of time too.

I've always hated the vertical aspect of it too. You should be able to triple jump out of it.

The vertical on the havoc is some Shit for sure.

Top Bottom