• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

A interesting little snippet from the GI article, "We believe the highest gear level is a little less important to the game now."

I'm not sure how to take that information. Thoughts DGAF? Am I reading something that isn't there?

Edit: Top of Page

My Warlock is ready for TTK

giphy.gif

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Did I miss anything today?
Game informer and edge article info. The former isn't really anything special except raid may be lvl 40/ 280 light on NM. Oh and the 100 thingy filled up fast. There's now an Xbox group for it.

A interesting little snippet from the GI article, "We believe the highest gear level is a little less important to the game now."

I'm not sure how to take that information. Thoughts DGAF? Am I reading something that isn't there?
They're trying to say that they don't want the grind to be about getting the highest gear anymore but about enjoying playing the game. Luke talked about it in his last quote I think.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just as an FYI, you can join more than one the100.io group at a time. You aren't restricted to the one you currently have. I'm joined to both my original the100.io group (kinda dead now) and the GAF one.
Yup up to 3, and this is crucial to making the site work for DGAF! :)
i'd be down for something like that!
I'd use it.
Hawkian, I would probably join the PvP group if you made one. PvP is pretty much all I do anymore in Destiny :D
I would use it. I've tried posting a handful of times but regular pvp doesn't get a lot of love compared to the pve deluge.
Keep 'em coming guys. This would be great if there were enough interest, I know I'd take advantage of it (whereas the100 for PvE activities is actually of limited use to me personally).

I'm starting to see the group arrangement that will serve us best crystallize... more to come. Just with the site let you look at member data more comprehensively. Even as a mod the filters are sooo limited.

Lee

This looks cool. I tried 100.io back when it was released but didn't feel like the quality of people was any different/better than LFG and it seemed clunky to find a match. It's hard to know when I'll get on (i.e. when my kids will go to sleep) and then it sucks waiting for things to get going.

I feel like nothing can beat the speed of finding a group through destinylfg.net, and that's the most important thing to me. Yeah, sometimes the group sucks and no one talks, but most of the time it's just normal people and the conversation is good. Some groups are excellent and hilarious. Unfortunately for Trials most competitive people are kinda douchey but I've just learned to live with it and enjoy winning. After Mercury I'll play new cards with whoever and drink and have fun.

shermas

With exactly the same roll Ash factory is marginally better, you need tripod/clown cartridge, javelin and grenades and horseshoes in this current meta though, tracking isn't too good.

Yeah. I don't have a PvP launcher with G and H, so I'll reroll for a bit and see if I can get that mix. I have tracking on all the launchers I use bc I usually play PvE. It'll give me something to do while I wait for TTK.

stb

Guys, stupid question:

What is limited to me if I don't have the current released expansions? Can I enjoy the game in some way or I'll run into a lot of walls preventing me to enjoy the game?

I only have the base game and I currently thinking about buying the expansion, but I want to check how things are at the moment and avoid getting disappointed again with this game when the expansion arrives.

Wait until the 2.0 patch (same day as TTK). It includes NUMEROUS changes/improvements. Destiny now is better than was, but 2.0 should be even better.

There will be a lot to do that isn't related to TTK or the previous 2 expansions.

phen0m24

I thought it was known, but yeah you can shoot rockets if you stand infront of the relic holder. No need to jump or anything.

Is there enough room for 5 people to stand in front of the Aegis? Sure doesn't seem like it, but I could be wrong. Also, thanks for making me think about Destin Legarie. Seriously just the best guy.

Here's the GAF group for Xbox https://www.the100.io/groups/1658

That's completely accurate, it's just dangerous. Plus, rockets make Atheon dance around which makes his squishy spot harder to get with your Black Hammer or whatever.

Kartik, LukeNukem and the Hawk

WHY YOU NO TELL ME THIS BEFORE?

Have we not tried 5/365 Horn salutes on Atheon yet?

"But he's dancing."
MAH HORN HAS TRACKING.
"But Black Hammer."
Put that away,
Nami
. We are melting his time straddling butt!

Dang now I want to see 5 Horns in action. Who cares if we die trying. That would be awesome.

They're trying to say that they don't want the grind to be about getting the highest gear anymore but about enjoying playing the game. Luke talked about it in his last quote I think.

Ah, well I'm all for that then...unless it's the best looking armor in the game. Well, then you know what that means.

NastyBook

Now this was truly a page top worth camping! Great picture and post, sounds like you had an incredible trip. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

Yeah, I can definitely do another run tonight. My schedule is totally flexible so just let me know what time works best for you and we can do it then.
I'm good for 9:00-9:30 p.m., EST. Or any time during that hour in case you're already in the middle of a run.

PSN: GibbShift

DRIZZAY! HAWKIAN!! SCIENCE QUERY

ok so someone posted on the IGN Fireteam Chat Group (on FB) about the relic bubble.

They said it was possible to shoot ROCKETS out of the relic bubble IF the relic holder was standing behind them.

Has this theory been proven oh wise guardian lords? This requires verification if not.

5 Horns 1 Atheon. No problem.

Haha yeah this has always been possible, usually people are just bad at attempting it and gave relic rockets a bad name. Pretty sure you couldn't fit that many people inside though, you also can't be too close to the bubble edges or the rocket will sort of clip the edge and blow you up.

I'm good for 9:00-9:30 p.m., EST. Or any time during that hour in case you're already in the middle of a run.

PSN: GibbShift

Sounds good!

Time to change the topic :p

My final DGAF meetup of this trip, none other that our very own Sword Master aka Darth Penguin aka Dhruv!

That marks the end of this amazing trip, and I'll just finish by listing the DGAFers I met up with over the course of this month:

No0blet16
Gala aka Galavita
Lima aka Revolver Ned
GlamFM
EJROBINSON
TearsofBlood
Dhruv_hanom aka Darth Penguin

Had an amazing time and looking forward to meeting more splendid DGAF folk in the future!

Hon'ble mention: Deej and Lars @ Gamescomm :)

Also Fig who was a stone's throw away but apparently doesn't know how to swim :p

Worthy top-of-the-page camp, it was awesome meeting you guys at Gamescom and Amsterdam!
Great to hear you enjoyed it and hopefully we'll meet again in Australia
Please don't let the spiders attack me while I'm getting kicked by a kangaroo

Axoman

That's completely accurate, it's just dangerous. Plus, rockets make Atheon dance around which makes his squishy spot harder to get with your Black Hammer or whatever.

If everyone is using tracking rockets though, it doesn't matter if he dances around.

My friends and I recently killed Atheon in under 10 seconds with 5 gjallarhorns during the first time's vengeance.

We were all spread out though, I don't believe anyone shooting rockets was inside the relic bubble.

It always drives me nuts when fighting Atheon that everyone just wants to shoot him with Black Hammer. I don't have one and it's much more fun imo to nuke him with the horn.

SkylineRKR

Anything with Grenades and Horseshoes. Tracking, unless its Truth Tracking, is a bit overrated imo.

Bladedancer is probably the weakest super in the game imo. Just has too many ways that it can be outplayed. Huge windup, restrictive and telegraphed usage, can only be used in a lag-free game, extremely vulnerable to team shooting and just less versatile than Radiance too.

Panic Button? You pretty much have less than half of a second to get a headshot with something big and you better hope they were hurt ahead of time too.

I've always hated the vertical aspect of it too. You should be able to triple jump out of it.

Tell me about it. I just jumped into PvP again for IB after more than a month of PvP inactivity, ofcourse lost my touch and had the brilliant plan to activate the super after the heavy ammo had already been picked up. I can tell you, a bladedancer can't do much against 3 BTRD crossfiring my ass. I felt stupid.

Other times, the lock on goes AWOL (if there is 2 guys and both are jumping typically), with Arc Blade slashing thin air. Lag can take one guy take over 3 hits, with others likely killing you.

The problem with BD is, opponents need to group up for it to be effective, you'll want that breaker medal, but that is also the most likely way to be killed out of it if one has a FoH, Heavy or something good.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Kartik, LukeNukem and the Hawk

WHY YOU NO TELL ME THIS BEFORE?

Have we not tried 5/365 Horn salutes on Atheon yet?

"But he's dancing."
MAH HORN HAS TRACKING.
"But Black Hammer."
Put that away,
Nami
. We are melting his time straddling butt!

Dang now I want to see 5 Horns in action. Who cares if we die trying. That would be awesome.
If you want to go for the 5-Horns-1-Conflux approach, it's actually better to have 2 of the 5 just stay off the middle platform altogether. stay on the side and jumpnshoot.

Yup up to 3, and this is crucial to making the site work for DGAF! :)

Keep 'em coming guys. This would be great if there were enough interest, I know I'd take advantage of it (whereas the100 for PvE activities is actually of limited use to me personally).

I'm starting to see the group arrangement that will serve us best crystallize... more to come. Just with the site let you look at member data more comprehensively. Even as a mod the filters are sooo limited.

I'd use it. I certainly don't like going into modes like Skirmish or Salvage with randoms, and it's generally hard to find a group by just posting here.

shermas

This looks cool. I tried 100.io back when it was released but didn't feel like the quality of people was any different/better than LFG and it seemed clunky to find a match. It's hard to know when I'll get on (i.e. when my kids will go to sleep) and then it sucks waiting for things to get going.

I feel like nothing can beat the speed of finding a group through destinylfg.net, and that's the most important thing to me. Yeah, sometimes the group sucks and no one talks, but most of the time it's just normal people and the conversation is good. Some groups are excellent and hilarious. Unfortunately for Trials most competitive people are kinda douchey but I've just learned to live with it and enjoy winning. After Mercury I'll play new cards with whoever and drink and have fun.

I used LFG this morning and did my first Skola kill... the entire run took just under an hour. Having never done it, a random guy on there walked me through the passing of the essence (or whatever) when the fight started. We rotated around the map two, maybe three times, then took him out. We had a hunter and the mines spawned in perfect spots, so that really helped.

Other than killing myself with some poorly timed rockets (squad mate walked in front of me) a couple times, it wasn't too bad. We never wiped.

I know LFG has a bad reputation, but, in my experience, it's been great about 90% of the time.

The 100.io will be cool to schedule something, or get a group together for a planned NF (or something like that... right after reset, you can lock down a group)...

If everyone is using tracking rockets though, it doesn't matter if he dances around.

My friends and I recently killed Atheon in under 10 seconds with 5 gjallarhorns during the first time's vengeance.

We were all spread out though, I don't believe anyone shooting rockets was inside the relic bubble.

Yeah, it's gotta be all GHorns or all Bhammers. Don't want even one rocket (or grenade) if others are sniping.

Easy to 1-portal kill him with either method by GHorns are faster. Not that hard to spread out in the room like you said, if people know the geometry well.

phen0m24

Haha yeah this has always been possible, usually people are just bad at attempting it and gave relic rockets a bad name. Pretty sure you couldn't fit that many people inside though, you also can't be too close to the bubble edges or the rocket will sort of clip the edge and blow you up.

Sounds good!

It must be done
for science

Worthy top-of-the-page camp, it was awesome meeting you guys at Gamescom and Amsterdam! Great to hear you enjoyed it and hopefully we'll meet again in Australia
Please don't let the spiders attack me while I'm getting kicked by a kangaroo

Sorry DJ, a dingo ate EJ and all your stroopwafels :p

ALMOST BAH

It always drives me nuts when fighting Atheon that everyone just wants to shoot him with Black Hammer. I don't have one and it's much more fun imo to nuke him with the horn.

Haha yeah exactly! Horns are way more fun. Staring down a sniper scope at a ~stationary target is boring.

Sadly our reset raid group didn't all have GHorns for a while so everyone insisted on BHammers every time. "We kill him 1-portal, so fast!" Then we finally tried all Horns and killed him in practically half the amount of T's V.

Yeah I've killed them and panic bombs too but they're so rare and they keep their supers. If a hunter is casting their super and someone kills them dead their super is gone

This is the greatest sin.

I didn't find this out until I started my Titan and began PvP with it. I was disgusted. lol

Let Gunslingers get all of their unused GG shots back on revive. Totes fair, breh.

Are you guys really giving the titan smash flak over other supers? :( I feel like it's the most situational and hardest to get into position for of all the supers. On most maps, you have to telegraph from so far away and outside of control flags or salvage caps, it isn't like there are often clusters of people packed together. That's why we save it to panic fist, if you try to use it proactively somewhere you get shot dead way before you're in range. Might as well just sit on it and troll someone for a denial kill.

Lnkn52

Haha yeah exactly! Horns are way more fun. Staring down a sniper scope at a ~stationary target is boring.

Sadly our reset raid group didn't all have GHorns for a while so everyone insisted on BHammers every time. "We kill him 1-portal, so fast!" Then we finally tried all Horns and killed him in practically half the amount of T's V.
Well Unstable didn't have a Black Hammer either.

Can you replace me if we fail this round? I need to get Nathan soon. We're at Skolas.

Sure. I'll log on, send me a PSN msg if I'm needed.

Well Unstable didn't have a Black Hammer either.

Yeah he just held the relic. Or used Super Good Advice maybe, haha.

Edit: the fastest way is to not use the relic bubble at all. Just drop the relic, fire two rockets, pick it back up to avoid a wipe, repeat. 6 Horns better than 5.

really like this. if the motif could be continued for crucible and the other factions i'd like to use it.

Reworked V:
header2zioy1.png

In white text:
header3n3p7l.png

Dead Orbit:
deadorbit_test09rs1.png

If you want all the headers consistent with the slanted design I can do a faction test replacing the vanguard logo with a slanted rectangle with the logo, with the header color matching the faction.

LiK

Reworked V:
header2zioy1.png

In white text:
header3n3p7l.png

Dead Orbit:
deadorbit_test09rs1.png

If you want all the headers consistent with the slanted design I can do a faction test replacing the vanguard logo with a slanted rectangle with the logo, with the header color matching the faction.

nicely done

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Tell me about it. I just jumped into PvP again for IB after more than a month of PvP inactivity, ofcourse lost my touch and had the brilliant plan to activate the super after the heavy ammo had already been picked up. I can tell you, a bladedancer can't do much against 3 BTRD crossfiring my ass. I felt stupid.

Other times, the lock on goes AWOL (if there is 2 guys and both are jumping typically), with Arc Blade slashing thin air. Lag can take one guy take over 3 hits, with others likely killing you.

The problem with BD is, opponents need to group up for it to be effective, you'll want that breaker medal, but that is also the most likely way to be killed out of it if one has a FoH, Heavy or something good.

Yeah. I mean, I'm not saying BD is trash - its still really good in the right hands at the right time. But compared to other supers, it just can't stand out. Even when guys are grouped up, if just two are paying attention you can be in trouble. The problem with BD is that you will immediately draw full attention from any enemy that can see you. Its not like Radiance either, where you can suppress people with grenades that burn and keep them out of the way - they're gonna be unloading on you non-stop.

Best way to stop a blade dancer is just to jump back and create space. Even if he still kills you, he's wasted a ton of super time just getting to you and everyone is team-firing him down at that point. Indoors, sure, but you always have to compensate for the windup or travel time.

TTK is also a LOT lower than it was back in Vanilla, the blade dancer golden age.

todd360

Game informer and edge article info. The former isn't really anything special except raid may be lvl 40/ 280 light on NM. Oh and the 100 thingy filled up fast. There's now an Xbox group for it.

Thanks. Also wtf GI. How long many articles do you have left. Did they already blow their load or not? They must be getting a shit ton of clicks.

Reworked V:
header2zioy1.png

In white text:
header3n3p7l.png

Dead Orbit:
deadorbit_test09rs1.png

I like the title bar following the design of the logo. it's more visually interesting than if they're all slanted.

Spoo

I really really need to start up Ground Zeroes tonight.

Must...resist...urge to play...Destiny....

I don't know how I'm going to balance MGSV with Destiny. Like, now that my triumphs are all complete (thanks drizz!) I can take a break, but I don't... I don't really want to?

Gaf, I have an idea. I had done this many years ago as a member of another community. I am going to buy a book. A book with blank pages. I put a message, maybe a picture or something. I will then mail it to another DGAF member and they can add to the book as well. when it has made the rounds we can scan it and post it in an OT. We can call it DGAF Year 1. Kind of a nice commemorative piece. What do you think?

Nice I got a few responses to this. Although my wife thinks having a physical book is a bad idea because it could get lost in the mail or some would not want to give out their physical home address, which is understandable. maybe a virtual book, like a PowerPoint or something similar. if your interested in participating please let me know

Watched Datto's video about new strike, his playthrough, and I just don't hear how Nolanbot is supposed to be better than Dinklebot. Nolan North sounds just as uninterested and flat, just extra monotone making him tad worse than Dinklage.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPOoTaWXoq0

Talking out of my ass here, but I like the higher pitched voice. It makes the ghost sound more fragile, which makes sense with his more nervous personality. He always seems to be suggesting that we take the easy road or avoid conflict.

Dinklage had a deep dominant sounded voice, which clashed with the lines that were more anxious. Dinklage's voice didn't sound scared, it sounded like someone told to say lines. The higher pitch from North really just compliments the scardy-cat-ness of the Ghost.

Also, I really want other ghosts to talk now.

Edit: Like when you find the guardian on the moon without his ghost. Ghost says, "Where's his ghost?" Dinklage doesn't sound scared when he says this, he sounds like he's dumbfounded. He should be scared. He should sound scared.

Biggy

What do you guys think of a PVP-Only the100.io group? Would it see use?

I need... let's say... eleven responses to gauge if it's worthwhile so please reply to this post. As I think about it, PvP is something I'd actually benefit from forming groups in advance for personally.
I would definitely use it, pvp with gaffers is always a blast.

inthrall

Reworked V:
header2zioy1.png

In white text:
header3n3p7l.png

Dead Orbit:
deadorbit_test09rs1.png

These look excellent, would just using the inner part of the dead orbit logo let you have more freedom with the ends? eg: Omen of Chaos Emblem

5a06fb6398872b4a77c33206d381b910.jpg

Ophelion

I find Black Hammer v. Atheon fun as hell but never mind a good horn barrage either. Whatevs!

Having the option to choose between such OP strategies is a delight in and of itself.

"Will I melt the time-controlling alien robot god with this godkiller weapon or this godkiller weapon? Oh, what a cruel world to force me to make such decisions!"

Meanwhile, Atheon is in the background going, "Aw, c'mon! I'm supposed to be scary!"

Top Bottom