• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Yes and no. While playing you can drop those DUMJ00S that will give you 200 rep each.
Oh ok. Doubt I'll find 8 of those before Armsday reset :p

Today, being at work is so tough. I wish I were home getting Raid ready. Still 287, and I don't feel confident entering under 299 even if I'm close. Hopefully between 17h30 when I get home and 19h00 when the Raid opens I'll get lucky.

I gotta do the Summoner's Circle mission - does this by any reward any high Light stuff?

Raybunny

Oh ok. Doubt I'll find 8 of those before Armsday reset :p

Today, being at work is so tough. I wish I were home getting Raid ready. Still 287, and I don't feel confident entering under 299 even if I'm close. Hopefully between 17h30 when I get home and 19h00 when the Raid opens I'll get lucky.

I gotta do the Summoner's Circle mission - does this by any reward any high Light stuff?

We can do some more strikes. We get a lot of engrams from it.

How do we post screenshots again?

You have an icon that will do that for you (4th from the right) or use the code: [ IMG]image url[ /IMG] without the spaces inside the brackets.

HELP! I think my mission is borked :(

You actually have to kill a little bit more than 100%. Happened to me as well.

Restart the game, go there and kill more Fallen in case it's a rounding bug, and if that doesn't work then sit down and cry :(

I cleared Cosmodrome last night and it was such a pain. Really hope this isn't an issue with the quest!

You can also run the Devil's Lair for the Earth part, the Taniks strike for the moon part etc. The yellow bars give about ~5%, assuming you're doing the Variks quest.

ocean

Banned
You actually have to kill a little bit more than 100%. Happened to me as well.

You can slo run the Devil's Lair for the Earth part, the Taniks strike for the moon part etc. The yellow bars give about ~5%, assuming you're doing the Variks quest.
Majors 5% you say? Game changer. Makes this madness a bit more reasonable :p

That'll be later though, no time to finish that quest line between when I get home and when the Raid opens.

Raybunny

Majors 5% you say? Game changer. Makes this madness a bit more reasonable :p

That'll be later though, no time to finish that quest line between when I get home and when the Raid opens.

What is rough about this quest is that each time you are doing it the Taken will appear and you will need to relocate so doing the strikes might be the way to go.

ocean

Banned
What is rough about this quest is that each time you are doing it the Taken will appear and you will need to relocate so doing the strikes might be the way to go.
If Majors are 5 then a single Taniks run should be enough if we get it while playing Strikes. But again, not gonna focus on that today. Just wanna do Summoner's Circle and grind dem Strikes to crack past 290. 3 more light RNG pls

nOoblet16

Trying to get together a team for a raid group today for when it goes live. I need 3 more, PM me if you want to be in...I'll most likely try to stream it as well

I am probably going to grind strikes for the next 7-8 hours in hopes of getting to 280-290 (I am 250 at the moment)

Still looking for a raid group for tomorrow at 10 am. Anyone need someone on PSN?

Yes...I need 3 more.

Halp me do stuff pls.
Can you play right now?

cilonen

I think what annoys me the most about the new light scheme is that the legendary drops you get are also bound to your current level rather than a decent value of 280.

They don't really help and feel truly legendary, they're just another step on the grind.

Do you get Legendary Marks if you're Level 40, from all the story missions? I just got some from
First DreadNaught patrol where you plant 3 beacons. The first was silly where you had to jump all the way up to scout. Had to switch to Quad jump with Bones XD.

EDIT: And now my Dreadnaught Patrol went away?!

I used a hand cannon the first few hours, I never use hand cannons but it was my highest light by a long way. it was satisfying watching heads pop from the impact.

They were fantastic before weapons 2.0!

cilonen

Trying to get together a team for a raid group today for when it goes live. I need 3 more, PM me if you want to be in...I'll most likely try to stream it as well

I am probably going to grind strikes for the next 7-8 hours in hopes of getting to 280-290 (I am 250 at the moment)

Yes...I need 3 more.

Good luck buddy, I'm stuck at 230 and in work all day so it's unlikely I'll be raiding tonight,

I'm a bit gutted and may just go and play MGSV all weekend.

Yes...I need 3 more.

not going to say it's impossible since i grinded from 250 to 287 all day today, but you probably wont make it in time for when the raid opens unless Xur brings something magical.

ocean

Banned
Do you get Legendary Marks if you're Level 40, from all the story missions? I just got some from
First DreadNaught patrol where you plant 3 beacons. The first was silly where you had to jump all the way up to scout. Had to switch to Quad jump with Bones XD

Your only guaranteed repeating Mark gaining opportunities are 1 PvP Daily, 1 Story Daily (15 Marks each), the first 3 Weekly Heroic Strikes you do in a week (10 Marks each) and something from NF.

Then there's a ton of quests which pay Marks when you do 'em. Make sure not to go over 200 or you'll lose them!

Lost 8 marks yesterday because I was so near the cap and didn't even know it :p

nOoblet16

not going to say it's impossible since i grinded from 250 to 287 all day today, but you probably wont make it in time for when the raid opens unless Xur brings something magical.

He's the hero we need...not the one we deserve.

It's all dependent on RNG though, I went from 220-250 quite quickly...so let's see.

I still need a group. DJ said something about that I am in the second Team Sexy raid group but I haven't hear anything about that. I guess I'll just find a group by the morning :p

traveler

Not Wario
Patrolling the dreadnaught was fun, CoO is great fun, farming mats tho... Need hadium for the sword but only found 10 all night

There's a pretty easy loop you can do around the area right where you start. I wish I had a link or something for it but it's just something I figured out. Basically, check the walls on the right side. One can spawn right in the room for either of the two contained rooms, another can spawn in the tunnel on an upper ledge if the room entering into it didn't have a chest. Then I go down the little canal like area between the right wall and the ship wreckage where all the fighting is taking place to the left- there's a room there that can have it- plus a check at a room in the bottom most part of the area and the upper left corner near the ship.

Sorry that's not too helpful- basically just look for all the rooms in the area you spawn in on patrol and loop them. If someone else is already doing it, sync up with them and follow them around so you both get it or just restart till you're alone.

He's the hero we need...not the one we deserve.

It's all dependent on RNG though, I went from 220-250 quite quickly...so let's see.

250 to 290 should be doable if you're putting in that kind of time. Just keep changing out your gear before decrypting and don't pay any attention to whether stuff is blue or purple. The later quests in chains tend to reward higher level stuff too.

Your only guaranteed repeating Mark gaining opportunities are 1 PvP Daily, 1 Story Daily (15 Marks each), the first 3 Weekly Heroic Strikes you do in a week (10 Marks each) and something from NF.

Then there's a ton of quests which pay Marks when you do 'em. Make sure not to go over 200 or you'll lose them!

Lost 8 marks yesterday because I was so near the cap and didn't even know it :p

Ahh thanks. I didn't even see a quest for
first dreadnaught patrol
so the 15 marks was probably tied to that quest.

Raybunny

Yes...I need 3 more.

Halp me do stuff pls.
Can you play right now?

I would love but am at work. Will be at home in 7 hours.

First DreadNaught patrol where you plant 3 beacons. The first was silly where you had to jump all the way up to scout. Had to switch to Quad jump with Bones XD.

EDIT: And now my Dreadnaught Patrol went away?!

And they're still pretty damn great.

Trace

Banned
Just wanted to say after getting some time with it, Nightstalker is absolutely fantastic for PvP and one of the best PvP specs in the game.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I see, so you
get to pick a 200 legendary you can infuse up from there if you want to stick with it for beating the main campaign. Gonna try the Apple of Discord. Not sold on Hakke Pulse Rifles but I love the name.
All in all the campaign was short, but no filler. It was simply a great few hours of PvE. I played using found gear the most of the time, resisting the temptation to switch back to old standards, and found it considerably challenging and rewarding to beat. New players, who don't have the option of tapping into their year one supply, may have trouble with missions- but of course, done with friends they're considerably easier.

Highlight for me was the
somehow mechanically sound stealth mission in Crota's End. Was just a fantastic design despite using existing in-game territory. Simple fun and the payoff for getting caught is hilarious/shocking.

Kind of glad they decided to put Trials of Osiris on hold tbh. This weekend is gonna be overwhelming enough as is.

More like the next month, I've got god knows how many quests left on my main as well as getting from 283 to 290+ - half of the story then quests on my Hunter, then get my titan geared up

JayHayabusa

Posed this question yesterday, looking for those who finished Variks and Petra questlines.

After finishing both I am not getting the Lost and Found quest from Petra.

Is there a delay to get it? Until the reset?

JayHayabusa

Posting for a new page:

Posed this question yesterday, looking for those who finished Variks and Petra questlines.

That's a possibility. For me it already dropped after the Petra quest but before the Variks quests. Ikkarus on the other hand completed both questlines and the Lost and Found mission dropped the next day.

Werd

Doing the strikes now, I thought Fallen S.A.B.E.R. was rather well done with the electricity mechanic, nice visual design in the bunker and getting to kick around the boss. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom